The Problem with Bates

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
rustypup

The Problem with Bates

Post by rustypup »

To lay the groundwork, suffice it to say my sister is a stray critter magnet. When I say stray, I actually mean she collects ill-tempered, preferably injured, wild animals. Her house is currently playing home to:
  • :- 5 snakes, 2 of which are slightly more than just a little poisonous
    :- A varied assortment of rodents, acting as fodder for 3 of the snakes
    :- 2 tanks of crickets/grasshoppers feeding the other 2 snakes and the lizards
    :- 8 lizards or lizard type animals which would happily gnaw a limb off should you get sloppy and take your eye off of them...
    :- 3 rabbits, probably destined to feed the bear we're expecting to be savaged by on our next visit.
    :- She recently re-housed a large collection of spiders, so that's a plus...
    :- 3 dogs, which makes for a nice dog-rabbit ratio...
In short, she's insane.

Now, it may strike the brightest among you that living conditions for these animals must be, to say the least, exciting. Occupants of the house have a strict regimen of daily tasks designed to ensure that the various warring clans never share the same area at the same time, lest drama happen. This approach is surprisingly efficient, but leaves little time for any personal human space, so guests are admonished to fend for themselves.

That is not the issue. The issue is far cuter, and infinitely more violent.

Meet Bates:
So named because of the sweetest little habit of his which involves randomly savaging humans... because... well... that's his version of therapy...

Bates entered scene left on one of our rare visits to the farmhouse of horrors by the simple expedient of attacking the rottweiler, (who has apparently had a sex change as a result, because every visit thereafter this manly dog has been witnessed cringing in the presence of butterflies). Rushing to the scene of the crime we were treated to a display of animal ferocity and heroics that would make wolverine hand in the yellow spandex. This ball of killing fury was latching on to various bits of the hapless dog and then shaking so violently that, in accordance with the laws of physics, it's own body was flapping like a second, mutant, tail intent on destroying its owner.

The poodle was bravely cowering under the stairs whilst intermittently ululating in terror and howling like the spirit of some long lost mariner... so... creepy and portentous - an excellent combination to welcome a new actor to the stage.

After much drama, broken into various acts - ("Water! Water's the thing" - "Well.. that didn't work... quick grab the tail!") - and much personal sacrifice in the skin, muscle and blood departments, we succeeded in separating the two combatants, bundling the concentrated furball of violence in a floral towel and then stowing him in a handy cage... which he proceeded to attack in a manner that left us concerned that the cage's engineering may not be sufficient for the task...

Now, anyone who has dealt with one of these angels of death could tell you that they fall somewhere in the high-upper percentile of intelligent rabid animal, whilst also being gifted with a single minded attention to destructive detail that would make Buddha blink. Within his first week in captivity he burrowed through 2 doors to take another shot at the, now thoroughly cowed, rottie. Naturally, in my sister's unstable mental realm, this is an unforgivable sin of the highest order.

And so, by various means, his adoption was decided between my sister and spouse whilst my attention was elsewhere, (probably keeping dibs on the suspicious green snake with the horrible red eyelids...). The rest was... well... not exactly history, but certainly a very entertaining 7 months of discovering half-dead, angry as all get up snakes, lizards, birds, etc waiting in various inconvenient places around the house. In the event we weren't getting the underlying message he also destroyed a couch.When caught in the act he eye-balled me, then calmly proceeded to finish the job.

I was unmanned that day.

Now, the issue is clearly this: How does one go about disciplining Satans' bootblack?
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: The Problem with Bates

Post by Stuart »

You must simply decide whether the spouse or Bates comes first.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

mmmmm... tempting, but it will probably end with me awaking one morning with a spiked heel in my cranium...

i've tried tossing him into the pool, but that just seems to make him madder...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aw man that was awesome! Really brightened up my day! :lol:

So rusty when are you going to start writing novels? :P :lol:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Molean

Post by Molean »

LOL! Thanks for that rather enjoyable read...it doth sound like the premise to a horror movie me thinks...I recommend finding something it likes to eat, which by the sounds of things, is everything and lacing it with some sort of tranquillizer? Then you can dispatch of him as you please...
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Molean wrote:some sort of tranquillizer?
see, that's the sort of devious thinking that gets you into trouble.. i've already taken a stab at this and.... well... Bates' scat is bad at the best of times. now add it in excess quantities all over the place... unless i'm guaranteed success, i'm not going there again... :/

interesting note: bovril covered dispirin tablets don't sooth the savage beast...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

I have the solution!

Make a rottie double out of rubber and steel, then get the double to start smelling like the rottie by getting the rottie to drool all over it. Once done set the double loose in the same room, after a hour Bates should no longer have any teeth left because he would have hit the steel :P.

Or...

Spike the drinking water with wine :P.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Anakha56 wrote:Spike the drinking water with wine

:shock: Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!

someone who wishes to remain anonymous has suggested the use of a pointy stick... which i may give a bash . plenty of sticks and i think i know where to lay my hand on a knife... (also made a good point about not using needles... that would be cruel).
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

what is it? a mongoose ?
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

wizardofid wrote:a mongoose ?
such a tame word for something this evil, but yes... mongoose...
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Implementing the rat’s solution and disguising it as an unfortunate hit and run might do the job :dontknow:
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

rustypup wrote:
wizardofid wrote:a mongoose ?
such a tame word for something this evil, but yes... mongoose...
Well evil is my middle name "it" would fit right in with me..... :evil: :evil:
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

CapNemo wrote:hit and run might do the job:
:shock: i just want to quite him down a little... this may be going a touch too far... besides which, i was caught holding him under water and suspicions were raised... no... no... i have to tread carefully now...

the more i think about it, the more appealing i find the pointy stick. it means i can discipline him at a distance and, well, sticks don't bleed...
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

rustypup

Post by rustypup »

see.. again very tempting. but pointy stick still wins because:
  • i) evilgoose doesn't explode into a meaty cloud of guilt
    ii) pointy stick doesn't cost the price of a kidney
    iii) pointy stick makes very little noise..
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Pointy Stick? :?

:P
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

STUN. GUN.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

KALSTER wrote:STUN. GUN.
oh, hell yes!... but.. these cost money.. .don't they?..

unless i throw a toaster into the pool first :?:

electro shock therapy is still a recognised form of treatment for many psychological disorders, isn't it?... hmmmmm
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

rusty my friend you are thinking small scale :P...

It must drink right? So how about when it starts sipping the water a bolt of electrickery hits it? You can do this by hiding electrical cables into its drinking water that are constantly supplying a healthy sum of power into the water, once it drinks the water *zap* its unconscious and the de-clawing and de-teething cab begin :twisted:
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

rustypup wrote:see.. again very tempting. but pointy stick still wins because:
  • i) evilgoose doesn't explode into a meaty cloud of guilt
    ii) pointy stick doesn't cost the price of a kidney
    iii) pointy stick makes very little noise..

Alternatively, give it to jee. That should cure it in no time.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

you people are gamers... i can tell... :shock:

i'm just looking for a medium-violence management solution to curb his more vicious behavioural defects...

did i mention the surprise sexing of the cats? (one of them is male.. .makes no difference)...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Fine! Water pistol with grease, once you coat the fugger in grease he wont be able to get his legs to spin fast enough for a run :P
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

i can tell you've never met him... allow me to introduce the flaws in you cunning plan:
this little f... critter isn't aiming to run away from me...

coating him in grease is only going to work to his advantage, given that he will have been upgraded to a really slippery ball of maddened fur...

are you trying to make this worse? what did i ever do to you? :x
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

:lol: How about Water Pistol filled with pepper spray? :lol:
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

when a certain someone's eyes start watering, i'll probably be rumbled... trying to frame me?.. i'm sensing a pattern here... steve!

added to which, the gusto with which this demonspawn eats gardening shoes, rotting carrion, spiders, snakes, frogs and tree bark, i'm not convinced it will treat the pepper spray as anything other than refreshing or an invitation to surprise sex my hand...

double steve! :?