How weird is this?

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Studio Touch Visagie

How weird is this?

Post by Studio Touch Visagie »

I have only visited facebook 4 times this year, and everytime the layout is completely different than the previous time. But the weird thing is that all of my privacy settings are reset so everyone can access my profile and my photo's. Is that how it's supposed to be?
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: How weird is this?

Post by hamin_aus »

I don't know, but I think those nude self-portraits you posted were very tasteful... except for the one with the turkey baster - why would you do that?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Isn't there already a "how weird is this" thread? Also Bookface related, incidentally. Is Bookface perhaps rendering us incapable of creating threads with titles suitable to the issue at hand? Where is rusty when you need philosophical questions answered?
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Wow, that's weird indeed! Facebook is usually very good with their privacy settings and wouldn't share your information just like that without consulting you first, especially if you initially set it up to only share your info with friends...

There must be some mistake...
Studio Touch Visagie

jamin_za wrote:I don't know, but I think those nude self-portraits you posted were very tasteful... except for the one with the turkey baster - why would you do that?
Actually I do have some semi-nude self portraits
Stuart wrote:Isn't there already a "how weird is this" thread? Also Bookface related, incidentally. Is Bookface perhaps rendering us incapable of creating threads with titles suitable to the issue at hand? Where is rusty when you need philosophical questions answered?
You know, if you think about it, some day we would have no other choice but to recycle old thread titles. The ofxord dictionary only has 600,000 words, and even if I throw in a couple other words to make a long title, the central focus of the title would usually only be one word. I could have named the thread title simply "Weird" but I thought that Deja_voo would not approve
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Studio Touch Visagie wrote:You know, if you think about it, some day we would have no other choice but to recycle old thread titles. The ofxord dictionary only has 600,000 words, and even if I throw in a couple other words to make a long title, the central focus of the title would usually only be one word. I could have named the thread title simply "Weird" but I thought that Deja_voo would not approve
Or you could have called it, I dunno, "Facebook Privacy Settings." Short, descriptive, punchy.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Wow, this thread title looks familiar :P

Anyway, if you have NEVER changed your privacy settings on facebook (which I'm assuming you haven't, since you've only been on facebook 4 times, ever), then most of your stuff WILL be public.

Am I the only one that noticed news about facebook's privacy issues all over the planet? For SOMEONE in this thread to say "Facebook is usually pretty good with privacy" blows my mind :P (*slap Ryan*) Seriously guys, facebook is probably the WORST large entity when it comes to Privacy right now. Sure, they've fixed it all, but remember when they made all your stuff public?

Anyway, Visagie, just go into the privacy page and change all your stuff :)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

hmm. gets my comment in before the lock..

Facebook has been under heavy fire for bad privacy lately. That's why your stuff is all visible.. FB decided everyone wants to share everything.

Just reset it all again and you should be fine. :)

EDIT: looks like dae beat me to the punch.
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:For SOMEONE in this thread to say "Facebook is usually pretty good with privacy" blows my mind :P (*slap Ryan*)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

:P
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Stuart wrote:Short, descriptive, punchy.
meaningful, searchable...

next few threads i'm going to use a random char generator and convert the result to base64... apparently JJGSADK8Uy&= is perfectly acceptable as long as it ends with a question mark or exclamation...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Studio Touch Visagie

Ah I see now. Took me a while to catch up
Stuart wrote:Or you could have called it, I dunno, "Facebook Privacy Settings." Short, descriptive, punchy.
Yes but then no-one would have read it. I learned a thing or two from the other forum members (DJV :wink: ), lure them in with a mysterious title and slam dunk they read your post even if they did not want to :D
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

ryanrich wrote:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:For SOMEONE in this thread to say "Facebook is usually pretty good with privacy" blows my mind :P (*slap Ryan*)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

:P
Man, I hate how tone can't be conveyed in text. Ryan, when I read your post, I sat here thinking "What the heck. Friendship OVER" :P Hahahaha!
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Studio Touch Visagie wrote:Ah I see now. Took me a while to catch up
Stuart wrote:Or you could have called it, I dunno, "Facebook Privacy Settings." Short, descriptive, punchy.
Yes but then no-one would have read it. I learned a thing or two from the other forum members (DJV :wink: ), lure them in with a mysterious title and slam dunk they read your post even if they did not want to :D
I would think that a subject with the words "Facebook" and "privacy" in its title would be a sure attention grabber. Far more so than DJV clones. First people steal the guy's mod logs, now they steal his thread titles. DAE, I'd be watching those bushes outside your bedroom window VERY closely, if I were you.

Granted, "Facebook privacy" might not grab rusty's attention, but the jury is still out on whether that's a good or bad thing.

All that said, where does it leave this thread. Let's do it this way: If you feel that the thread should stay so we can have another discussion about Bookface privacy policies, PM me. If you feel that it should be locked as pointless and already solved by DAE's first post, PM Ryan.

*wonders what the inbox limit is on this forum*
Studio Touch Visagie

Stuart wrote:DAE, I'd be watching those bushes outside your bedroom window VERY closely, if I were you.
I once stalked him and his girlfriend for hours in the Menlyn shopping centre :D Ahhh good times, good times.

<deep voice> I know what you did last summer...</> :D
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Yet you are all seeking the pup's cynical view of a problem a handicap kid trapped in a 4 year old's body would find.....well what is that single word for "smalls things amuses small minds"......
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Studio Touch Visagie wrote:
Stuart wrote:DAE, I'd be watching those bushes outside your bedroom window VERY closely, if I were you.
I once stalked him and his girlfriend for hours in the Menlyn shopping centre :D Ahhh good times, good times.
What the?! :?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Okay, let's just kill this now, shall we?