Satanic (Black) Metal – The Dangers Thereof

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
rustypup

Re: Satanic (Black) Metal – The Dangers Thereof

Post by rustypup »

Hellfury wrote:To those who argue that music doesn't affect you, I say an unstable person is easily corrupted.
hmm... let's try this again...

there is no magic mojo in music... your brain is addicted to patterns... not surprising given that it's entire reason for existing is pattern processing... it is perfectly normal for it to replay patterns it finds amusing/interesting... this isn't because it's imbued with mystical powers...

when it becomes fixated on a particular set of patterns to the point that it begins to affect you physically, (depression,mood swings,etc), this is generally taken as a sign that it has hit a snag and cannot self-treat...

while meditation is a great way to relax, it's not curative and will likely only delay matters... seriously... speak to a professional... even if it's only to discover there's nothing to worry about... if, however, there is something wrong, the sooner you catch it the better... ;)
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
jee

Post by jee »

Hellfury wrote:I have, but don't exactly know how to go about it:/
chat to me
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

rustypup wrote:
Hellfury wrote:To those who argue that music doesn't affect you, I say an unstable person is easily corrupted.
hmm... let's try this again...

there is no magic mojo in music... your brain is addicted to patterns... not surprising given that it's entire reason for existing is pattern processing... it is perfectly normal for it to replay patterns it finds amusing/interesting... this isn't because it's imbued with mystical powers...

when it becomes fixated on a particular set of patterns to the point that it begins to affect you physically, (depression,mood swings,etc), this is generally taken as a sign that it has hit a snag and cannot self-treat...

while meditation is a great way to relax, it's not curative and will likely only delay matters... seriously... speak to a professional... even if it's only to discover there's nothing to worry about... if, however, there is something wrong, the sooner you catch it the better... ;)
I'm bipolar. I've had 3 psychiatrists and 7 psychologysts. And I've been in 2 clinics, Crescent Clinic andd Kenilworth Clinic. Nothing has worked

EDIT: I also have a mild case of OCD, and I have an extremely addictive personality
Last edited by Hellfury on 24 May 2010, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

Prime wrote:
Which city are you in?

Find a Buddhist temple or centre on Google?
I'm in Claremont, Cape Town. I will do thanks
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

jee wrote:
chat to me
That requires a means to do so
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Hee hee you can begin by PMing her I am sure
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Hellfury wrote:I'm bipolar.
now that would make sense... your brain is chemically unbalanced... i profess that this would scare me...

sucks that nothing seems to work, though... :/

on the plus side, they're not zapping you with huge doses of electrical current.... which is apparently still an accepted form of treatment....
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

Hellfury wrote:
jee wrote:
chat to me
That requires a means to do so
PM?
I much prefer the idea of Buddhism. It has some great beliefs. Meditation can be such a healing and peaceful mechanism. It´s why I thought of it for you :)
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
Prime

Post by Prime »

rustypup wrote:
Hellfury wrote:I'm bipolar.
now that would make sense... your brain is chemically unbalanced... i profess that this would scare me...

sucks that nothing seems to work, though... :/

on the plus side, they're not zapping you with huge doses of electrical current.... which is apparently still an accepted form of treatment....
Yes, but surely coffee and Nicotine are not helping with the chemical imbalance?

The Problem with many antidepressants like all medications is that they react differently depending on the chemicals in your system. Having Spend 2 years on them and several different types, It's not simply feed you medication and you get better, its a hit and miss affair to find what works: Zoloft worked for me, prozac(Fluoxitine) did not. Diet is also important.
jee

Post by jee »

There are many things one can do to curb and maintain depression. Often, getting to the anger that causes some depressions is the first step towards managing it. If however your brain has a serotonin challange - meds will always be on your bedside table.

I think that putting aside the "angry" music for a time is the first step - the next will be to find inner peace. This can come from a variety of places - some grab at religion - others find a more spiritual way of looking at the world. Until you can deal with that anger in a way that you are balanced, that you are grounded you will never get better.

I know it has been suggested to see psychologists - they have their place - but there are other natural ways of getting help.
I know that it works for me - there was a time in my life where I put my hand through the windscreen of a car.......
You need to find a life skill coach - one that deals in spiritual as well as intelligent healing.

huggles - hand in there... you will have REALLY bad days (and then friends are important) and you will have good days.

I have on my office wall several sayings - one i will share here :
Do you create your day
or does your day create you?

Don't play the blame game.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Well apparently it is still nonlethal........

I find it more alarming the rate that antidepressants are being prescribed......I have had my fair share of down in the gutters stuck fast in fecal matter up to my hips scenarios and still managed to climb out unscathed...covered in fecal matter that no amount of brushing will get rid....

"Noes my girlfriend of six years dumped me for a Brad Pitt wanna be, lets pop a few pills to numb the sensation of hurt."
Frankly there are much better avenues to use and take.....
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Those pills actually numb sensations? Where do I get some?
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Tribble wrote:Those pills actually numb sensations? Where do I get some?
I think you have mistaken it with Euthanize..... :mrgreen:
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I want to numb my brain - not remove all need for it completely.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Tribble wrote:I want to numb my brain - not remove all need for it completely.
Yeah See that is what I do not understand why would you want to numb some thing which you lack.....*obvious troll in good spirit* :!: :?
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

:lol: