Picture Of The Day, discuss if you really must

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
lancelot

Re: Picture of the day

Post by lancelot »

Tribble wrote:Now why can you guys post links to that site? When I did I got a warning.

I think fair is fair - you should both get warnings for this :twisted: What is good for the goose - is good for the gander :twisted:
Spoiler: (show)

I Agree :!:
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

I think anyone who posts large red text in this thread rather than pictures should also get a warning. :whistling:

That said, although I missed the links, I'll support any initiative that will result in Prime being issued a warning.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Warning removed. I am a bit nonplussed to say the least.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Well I suppose you did remove my warning after all the attention I got. So I guess you really don't want to feed Prime's need for attention ;-)
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Well after a discussion in the mod lounge Jamin got himself a change of title ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Tribble wrote:Well I suppose you did remove my warning after all the attention I got. So I guess you really don't want to feed Prime's need for attention ;-)
You did it in innocence Tribs, so it was removed, with the Prime, jamin or whatever there is some clarity lacking, so all got away with it, but next time, well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Also Ruad nuked the post quite early without too much harm being done, as to jamins reference to me, that is actually your fault :P :twisted: jamin claims that one of the octogenarians looks like me. I then went to have a look at the site but before I could find the so called pic I came across a baboons bum, a splitting image of jamin, also found an actual picture of him posing.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Well after a discussion in the mod lounge Jamin got himself a change of title ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bwahahahahahaha suits him
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

lancelot wrote:
Tribble wrote:Well I suppose you did remove my warning after all the attention I got. So I guess you really don't want to feed Prime's need for attention ;-)
You did it in innocence Tribs, so it was removed, with the Prime, jamin or whatever there is some clarity lacking, so all got away with it, but next time, well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Also Ruad nuked the post quite early without too much harm being done, as to jamins reference to me, that is actually your fault :P :twisted: jamin claims that one of the octogenarians looks like me. I then went to have a look at the site but before I could find the so called pic I came across a baboons ****, a splitting image of jamin, also found an actual picture of him posing.

pic sadly deleted as I am not allowed to quote them here - the puppy bites your shins if you do
Haa haa haa. I need to see that photo of Jamin - but would I be correct in thinking that any baboons **** would do?
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

You are correct!
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

I think they found the skeleton of that law student friend of yours Lancelot...

MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

No, sorry, blocking out two letters with special characters does not count as removing profanity. - The Rat

How about blocking out 3 letters, you ***k? :P - jamin

I dunno. Try it and see what happens. - The Rat

ADT

Post by ADT »

Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

Syndrome.jpg and
No, sorry, blocking out two letters with special characters does not count as removing profanity. - The Rat

How about blocking out 3 letters, you ***k? - jamin
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhaahahah!
Prawned.
:mrgreen:
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
ADT

Post by ADT »

Lolz
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
VoxynQueen

Post by VoxynQueen »

What is all the fuss about swearing?
Are you seriously going to stand by the imbecilic excuse that children that don't know how to swear (which do NOT exist above the age of ten years) use this forum?
fallen_angel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by fallen_angel »

VoxynQueen wrote:What is all the fuss about swearing?
Are you seriously going to stand by the imbecilic excuse that children that don't know how to swear (which do NOT exist above the age of ten years) use this forum?
If we allow every person to swear at free will it will degrade the standard we have set on our forum and we would become like any other 2nd grade forum out there. what would be the point of having our forum then?

Watashi no ikari wa anata no tamashī wa heiwa o fukushū to eien no o mitsukeru.
TROPICAL AQUARIUMS <---My hobby
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Whether you like it or not, it's in the rules. Until the PCF staff change it, it remains in the rules.

Personally, I don't care how widespready swearing is. If you are incapable of maintaining a conversation without the use of profanity you have a serious lack of grasp of the English language.

Believe it or not, there are actually people who don't like swearing. I have never encountered, on the other hand, someone who is offended by another's lack of swearing.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Stuart wrote:I have never encountered, on the other hand, someone who is offended by another's lack of swearing.
except steve... but [complicated pictogram] him and his fancy-schmancy firestick...

it's in the rules... it's not open for review... (especially not in this thread)... why the agonising over it?

in the immortal words of benjamin... post pics or kindly fornicate off... :twisted:
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Yes indeed, in short and jerky movements!
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

I think we should get Stuart into parlement. Then we can get this country running again.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

At least horrible pesticides will be banned then...
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
Prime

Post by Prime »

fallen_angel wrote:
If we allow every person to swear at free will it will degrade the standard we have set on our forum and we would become like any other 2nd grade forum out there. what would be the point of having our forum then?
Actually, there are plenty of forums where swearing is allowed and their forums have not degraded to second rate. The fact that this forum would degrade into a seocnd rate place if swearing was allowed, says more about the users.

VoxynQueen

Post by VoxynQueen »

Stuart wrote:Whether you like it or not, it's in the rules. Until the PCF staff change it, it remains in the rules.

Personally, I don't care how widespready swearing is. If you are incapable of maintaining a conversation without the use of profanity you have a serious lack of grasp of the English language.

Believe it or not, there are actually people who don't like swearing. I have never encountered, on the other hand, someone who is offended by another's lack of swearing.
I can see why you're a moderator.
Even attempting to question a 'rule' must be one of the prerequisites.

Just because people are free to swear as and when they want does not automatically mean that a conversation is impossible nor does it mean that the exchange of words will be vulgar, rude and devoid of all humour.
After all, in real life we are all free to swear at each other. Yet, somehow we are also able to maintain pleasurable conversations.

Who cares about being offended?
Nothing that anyone says, does or thinks about me ON THE INTERNET is going to get my panties in a twist.

Basically I am suggesting that a review of this rule should be conducted.
Possibly leading to a rule change.
Although seeing as this is an official forum to some sort of business or something I don't see it happening.
fallen_angel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by fallen_angel »

VoxynQueen wrote:
Stuart wrote:Whether you like it or not, it's in the rules. Until the PCF staff change it, it remains in the rules.

I can see why you're a moderator.
Even attempting to question a 'rule' must be one of the prerequisites.

Just because people are free to swear as and when they want does not automatically mean that a conversation is impossible nor does it mean that the exchange of words will be vulgar, rude and devoid of all humour.
After all, in real life we are all free to swear at each other. Yet, somehow we are also able to maintain pleasurable conversations.

Who cares about being offended?
Nothing that anyone says, does or thinks about me ON THE INTERNET is going to get my panties in a twist.

Basically I am suggesting that a review of this rule should be conducted.
Possibly leading to a rule change.
Although seeing as this is an official forum to some sort of business or something I don't see it happening.
This forum is a direct image of the magazine so any profanity would be degrading towards the magazine and that is why the rule has been stated and WILL NOT be changed

Watashi no ikari wa anata no tamashī wa heiwa o fukushū to eien no o mitsukeru.
TROPICAL AQUARIUMS <---My hobby