Granma's Boy's Corner

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Re: Granma's Boy's Corner

Post by KillerByte »

This is my house!!!!

I r liking to talker the Englisher.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Oooh I tremble at your enunciation :wink:
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

A hard day at work playing computer games, shame man!
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

lancelot, Rough life hey!
to ápeiro anima
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

lancelot wrote:A hard day at work playing computer games, shame man!
I wish. Thats Drakonis' job.
Ryan_Cooper

Post by Ryan_Cooper »

we cant all get what we want now can we.....shame :(
THE GAME........YOU Have JUST LOst It !!!!!!!!!!
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

drakonis plays games all day? is that why he's so emo?
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Since Paul (aka Widower) was away yesterday afternoon collecting his new BMW 1200GS (aka his IRL epic mount) the rest of us played COD 5 2v2 CTF. Once the teams were worked out to be balance the fighting ensued and flag captures were often done with tremendous screaming and shouting for support. Amazingly Brett and I managed to win by the skin of our teeth (although we are still awaiting a decision from the judges over a dispute... or ten.)
Thought I was not seeing things!
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

that occurred in the afternoon
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

So the weekend held a few suprises. I got some sleep and the forums got some downtime :)

The server move went sort of smoothly and the entire team would be excited if we had enough time to even think about the opportunities that this new server provides us.

I have started early this month and while MR. Ed was out the office on Friday I grafted big time. The test rig got a serious work out and the benchmarks and reviews in May will hopefully show the level of effort I intend to put into May. I have got a serious list of reviews to go in so for those tech junkies keep your eyes peeled for the May issue.

On a side note, if you have a Canon DSLR and want to sell let me know, I am keen to get back into the game and playing with camera at work just makes me heart sore for my own. Oh, and if you have a SpeedFlash I would be keen to buy that too.

The office peaked today and saw the entire team (Dawid included) reach stress levels that have not been seen for the last 3 weeks. Needless to say GEAR kept us on our toes this month.
May cover disc is coming along and all those that want some content on there, you best get cracking and hit the Cover Disc Request thread. A little ( . ) bit of info, if you like game play videos and trailers I have done some searching and found some really exciting videos.

Personally I can't wait for End War and HAWX for PC, I think these are two of the hottest titles that we will see this year. There is of course StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3, which we will see later this year (hopefully) so it seems that Ubisoft is being wise in releasing its hot title at the beginning of the year. I have little doubt that End War will be the RTS game at LANs in a few months since its less about base building and more about deploying the right units and positioning them at the right place at the right time.

What you guys got to say?
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

The current drama over Facebook’s privacy policies is concerning. This one website has almost become the cornerstone of the online community’s social scene and it would appear that people have forgotten the basic rule of online interaction… if its damning then do not reveal it. I made the silly mistake of accepting friend invites from family. Coming from a more conservative upbringing means that most of my actions are of a conservative nature. However I do engage in some activities that my family would frown upon, nothing illegal mind you. To make sure that I do not have to receive calls from my parents regarding my social/private activities I make sure that they do not appear on my profile page. I hide the skeletons in the closet where they belong.

In other words: if you would not like your parents to read the things you are up to then don’t post them. Change your privacy settings so that your info is only visible to your friends and if any info is too private for even your friends to see then what the hell is it doing on Facebook. Facebook is like a car. It is a tool that is very useful but abuse it and it could see you land in very hot water.

I do agree that the changing of policies is not on. Users should not have to live in a perpetual state of paranoia over if and when Facebook will change its privacy policies. Keep privacy settings at the same level at what the user initially sets them at and if new privacy options are added then set them to the highest security level.
Prime

Post by Prime »

KillerByte wrote:The current drama over Facebook’s privacy policies is concerning. This one website has almost become the cornerstone of the online community’s social scene and it would appear that people have forgotten the basic rule of online interaction… if its damning then do not reveal it. I made the silly mistake of accepting friend invites from family. Coming from a more conservative upbringing means that most of my actions are of a conservative nature. However I do engage in some activities that my family would frown upon, nothing illegal mind you. To make sure that I do not have to receive calls from my parents regarding my social/private activities I make sure that they do not appear on my profile page. I hide the skeletons in the closet where they belong.

In other words: if you would not like your parents to read the things you are up to then don't post them. Change your privacy settings so that your info is only visible to your friends and if any info is too private for even your friends to see then what the hell is it doing on Facebook. Facebook is like a car. It is a tool that is very useful but abuse it and it could see you land in very hot water.

I do agree that the changing of policies is not on. Users should not have to live in a perpetual state of paranoia over if and when Facebook will change its privacy policies. Keep privacy settings at the same level at what the user initially sets them at and if new privacy options are added then set them to the highest security level.
Ya, I'm inclined to agree, The best way to keep something a secret is not to share it. My family is fairly conservative too, and now that I have aunts and uncles on my FB, I also have to watch what I post or say. That's when you create a personal blog or second facebook account that if you really have to share with your friends, Only they have access to it.
Wizard's First rule: People are Stupid.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Meh. I have nothing on FB that I'm afraid of sharing. My family will more likely be up to something I might frown upon. So it's all good :mrgreen:

I do agree though. The only secret is one you share with no one. Anything else is or will be public knowledge.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

Ah, my hope in society has been restored. There are like-minded rational intelligent people left in the world.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

My mother always suspected I was weird - now my cousins, uncle, inlaws etc do too. :? I have created groups and blocked others - but it seems it only works sometimes. People still see the stupid games that I play. I have told my family to block the apps but they still seem to show up.

I never expected my family to FB so much - so I know exactly how you feel. At least none of them come here or to Ronny's place.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

What is the second rule?
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

wizardofid wrote:
What is the second rule?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sword_ ... .27s_Rules
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

D3PART3D wrote:
wizardofid wrote:
What is the second rule?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sword_ ... .27s_Rules
Neat requires further investigation thanks !!!
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

Ah, kindred souls. I too am more liberal than my parents, luckily they're not on FB. I'm also not friends with my brother, sister, nieces etc on FB, I prefer to keep my social life and my home-life separate thank you very much.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]