Latest Purchases Thread

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Re: Latest Purchases Thread

Post by ryanrich »

Oh yeah I also bought a Radeon HD4650 for my old Opty rig. The card is running water cooled and is overclocked like crazy, with no hassle at all. It's a complete midrange card, but for what I use it for, which is Full HD video playback, work and occasional gaming it's perfect! I can honestly say my old rig is totally maxed out now, so I'll keep it going another year or so and then upgrade to a nice 6 core Intel setup with all the bells and whistles... :D
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

I succumbed to yet another Steam special, this time it was the latest AvP for 33% off, which makes it about R150 cheaper than buying it retail. And since a friend already had it, it saved me a 15Gb download. :mrgreen:

Please don't try to slip profanity in using special characters. - The Rat
Last edited by Stuart on 20 Mar 2010, 09:16, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Removed "cleverly" disguised profanity.
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

ryanrich wrote:Aerial 7 - Matador Midnight headphones.

I was asking on another forum if Aerial7 is any good and I was met with some heavy opposition. From someone who has actually bought a pair, how are they?

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, it was late and I didn't realise both posts were in the same thread. :oops:
naughty

Post by naughty »

forced purchase = set of these

fitted onto the vehicle

Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Fish_man

Post by Fish_man »

Why Forced ??
naughty

Post by naughty »

Fish_man wrote:Why Forced ??
old wheel was introduced forcefully to this 10cm deep "road repair" - caused damage to one front wheel and destroyed the tyre and buckled the rear wheels

Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Ouch! You going to claim?
naughty

Post by naughty »

Tribble wrote:Ouch! You going to claim?
will try to
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Good luck - stick it out.

Paid for my car's service - I will not disclose how much but I am beginning to believe all those that said - Don't buy French :( Still love my car though. The service manager left the branch and now the people left are useless. I want him back - or I will find out where he went and service my car there next time. Never had trouble when he was there.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Xiphan wrote:I was asking on another forum if Aerial7 is any good and I was met with some heavy opposition. From someone who has actually bought a pair, how are they?
Well I tested out a pair of Sennheiser, Skullcandy and these Aerial 7's, all around the R500 price range, and these sounded best to me. I also like the sleek design... It depends what kind of music you like though. The Aerial 7 range has great bass so the DJ's seem to prefer them...

My next set will be one of the high end Sennheiser models, so these will be fine until them, I use them mainly for gaming on my PC. :)
naughty

Post by naughty »

My next set will be one of the high end Sennheiser models
as you go higher up the sennheiser range it just gets better and better - i wish i could afford a pair of the HD800's with a relevant headhone amplifier - one of those tube powered models - im sure that this will give you ultimate audiophile quality audio performance but those headphones are in the R15k price bracket and add to that around R10k for a really good tube headphone amplifier - but you will never ever buy another headphone ever again in your life

if you dont want to spend that much the HD515 at around R1,4k"ish" will probably be topnotch

for now ive got the sennheiser HD280 pro and it is more than decent for a carry around pair - those are also around R1300 and i want to try them out with an entry level headphone amplifier to see if it makes much of a difference but the sound from these is already superb (just maybe not very loud because of the high impedance values hence its got lower sound pressure levels but this can improve with an headphone amp)
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Yeah the HD515's are what I was looking at, but since it may be a while I might go a bit higher. I would never be able to bring myself to spend R15K on headphones, but damn it's tempting, especially when you start testing them out and hear the sound quality!

I would also be interested to know if the headphone amp makes a big enough difference to justify it...
Prime

Post by Prime »

naughty wrote:
My next set will be one of the high end Sennheiser models
as you go higher up the sennheiser range it just gets better and better - i wish i could afford a pair of the HD800's with a relevant headhone amplifier - one of those tube powered models - im sure that this will give you ultimate audiophile quality audio performance but those headphones are in the R15k price bracket and add to that around R10k for a really good tube headphone amplifier - but you will never ever buy another headphone ever again in your life

if you dont want to spend that much the HD515 at around R1,4k"ish" will probably be topnotch

for now ive got the sennheiser HD280 pro and it is more than decent for a carry around pair - those are also around R1300 and i want to try them out with an entry level headphone amplifier to see if it makes much of a difference but the sound from these is already superb (just maybe not very loud because of the high impedance values hence its got lower sound pressure levels but this can improve with an headphone amp)
Just remember that Valves by their nature, do not like being jossled around, and there was a reason Philips did so much development work on the stirling engine as portable sets for tube amps and radios because they chew through batteries (The Transistor killed the need for Stirling powered gensets and further R&D). it's also where the various battery letters come from.

Also, the American Valves run are much scarcer - personal experience. :(
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

A pile of games - more than I intended. They include C&C4, Jerico, Lesure suit Larry, Unrereal Anthology, The Corpse Bride for PSP (only R99 really cool graphics), and some others. Can't remember.
Mykhal

Post by Mykhal »

Tribble wrote:A pile of games - more than I intended. They include C&C4, Jerico, Lesure suit Larry, Unrereal Anthology, The Corpse Bride for PSP (only R99 really cool graphics), and some others. Can't remember.
WTF!! Do you still get LL? (Ahh 8) that was great times in St8 with LL1 during 1988 on the school's computers!
Dual Core E2140@1.6GHz, 2 Gig Ram, 500 Gig Samsung HD, 80 Gig Maxtor, Geforce 7300se :oops:
Thanx Ama :notworthy:
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

Asus Eee Pc 1005PW Seashell 10"
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ 2 x 2GB Corsaire XMS3 DDR3-1333
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Prime

Post by Prime »

cYcLIc wrote:Asus Eee Pc 1005PW Seashell 10"
Cost? You happy with it? Post some benchmarks please :)
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

R4427-66 incl delivery. Expecting delivery tomorrow. What benchies should i do when I get it?
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Prime

Post by Prime »

cYcLIc wrote:R4427-66 incl delivery. Expecting delivery tomorrow. What benchies should i do when I get it?
3DMark 06? I'd be interested to see the CPU score. I know the GPU score will be awful. Thinking of getting the 1001P Does the 1005PW allow for an express card upgrade? :)
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

Prime wrote:
cYcLIc wrote:R4427-66 incl delivery. Expecting delivery tomorrow. What benchies should i do when I get it?
3DMark 06? I'd be interested to see the CPU score. I know the GPU score will be awful. Thinking of getting the 1001P Does the 1005PW allow for an express card upgrade? :)
I dont know hey. I just bought cause I need something to keep me busy when i number 2.

The specs are as follows:

Pink seashell 10" mini-notebook , 6-cell battery , with multi-touch touchpad for easy zoom in/out + rotate + built-in 0.3MP webcam , 262x178x26mm , 1.27kg, intel Atom N450 / 5.5watts ( no VT ) , 1.6GHz single core with hyper threading ( 2 threads ) ( 45nm, 667mhz fsb ; L1 : 64k , L2 : 512k , EiST, EDB ) , 2Gb DDR2-667 , multi-touch pad of easily zoom in/out , Intel G945SE chipset , GMA950 on-board VGA with D-sub out , 10.1" Led ( 1024x600 WSVGA ) , no TV-out , 250gb 5400rpm HDD , SD/MMC card reader , bluetooth + WiFi + 10/100 lan - with windows 7 starter + Office 2007 Ready ( professional with 60 day free trial ) - 1 year international warranty

Edit: I think I just ordered a pink notebook. Ahw jeez. Why the hell didnt they put a pic of a pink notebook instead of a *** white one. ****! These specs are hidden. Rage!
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Prime

Post by Prime »

OMG! I lolled. Dude, that is epic fail material. :lol:

Bwahahaha
cYcLIc

Post by cYcLIc »

Prime wrote:OMG! I lolled. Dude, that is epic fail material. :lol:

Bwahahaha
Lol. It appears as though the Tech Specs say Pink yet the product name says white. They better be sending a white one.

http://www.digitalsaonline.co.za/catalo ... s_id=25752
◕ PhenomII X4 955 BE
◕ ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
◕ XFX 9800GT
◕ Gigabyte Odin 550w
◕ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I also have good memories with LSL. Bit annoying now though. But will give it a chance.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

naughty wrote:
RuadRauFlessa wrote:
ryanrich wrote:I was pretty disappointed that the MiTo GTA was canceled. Looked like a damn fun little car!
Amen. I am waiting in anticipation today. I hate being kept on a string.
so cmon man - pics of the car - how does it drive?

or did they make you still wait for some reason or the other?
I would have loved to give you a blow by blow of the first time I take my own one out of the Dealership but alassssss...... The bank does not condone my overdraft. I spoke to them personally and they confirmed that it is not an issue of how much I want to get financed.... which by the way they approved..... it is the issue of me having an overdraft. So I will try again in 2 months as the overdraft will be paid off by then due to the money I have budgeted for spending on my new ride which I obviously don't have yet. So not canceled just postponed for 2 months. Quite disappointing actually. But then again that is the credit law and to be honest I am actually quite happy about it cuz it now gives me the motivation to just use the money on my budget allocated to my GTA to bring down that red portion of my bank account. In the end of the day when I do go for the application again I will be more glad for it as the less debt I have the happier I am.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Prime

Post by Prime »

cYcLIc wrote:
Prime wrote:OMG! I lolled. Dude, that is epic fail material. :lol:

Bwahahaha
Lol. It appears as though the Tech Specs say Pink yet the product name says white. They better be sending a white one.

http://www.digitalsaonline.co.za/catalo ... s_id=25752
So, what colour is it? :twisted: