Zuma to get vote of no confidence

A place to talk about more serious topics such as politics, society and current events.
Forum rules
Please read the discussion section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

Cape Town - Congress of the People parliamentary leader Mvume Dandala on Thursday gave notice that he would move a vote of no confidence in President Jacob Zuma.

Speaking in the National Assembly, Dandala said this was because of Zuma's "failure to live up to the expectations of a broad spectrum of South Africans".

What you guys think are the chances?

-fixed the URL
Anthro
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: Zuma to get vote of no confidence

Post by hamin_aus »

Zero to divide by zero
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

Well the ANC will stand with Zuma just to piss COPE off. Majority rules
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

and then they vote in malema !! awesome, lets do it.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

out of curiosity - and this line of questioning does not mean I am a Zuma supporter nor does it mean that I am not - but please point out anything Zuma has done since gaining the presidency that has put this country in jeopardy.

Refrain from using his personal life as an argument.

In my personal opinion I have to say that Zuma's actions lately have be contrary to what we believed he would do once coming to power. We aren't in civil war, we aren't a new Zim. In fact he has been saying all the right things that businesses want to hear (again this is my view).

He is a true politician. He convinced the ignorant majority that he was their savior then the moment he got into power he became the champion of the elite. He seems to be approaching matters with a calm and collected manner.

In all honest the DA's Vote No to Zuma campaign reeked of lack of a proper plan. Stop telling me to vote for you because the other guy sucks. rather give me examples of what you are going to do that is better than the other guy's plans.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

KB, frog-in-water-on-stove-analogy
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

Sojourn wrote:KB, frog-in-water-on-stove-analogy
i'm waiting for the forumites to grab their popcorn and wait for the show to begin. Politics and religion are always entertaining topics of discussion. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

KillerByte wrote:
i'm waiting for the forumites to grab their popcorn and wait for the show to begin. Politics and religion are always entertaining topics of discussion. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yeah but it is No fun since you do not ruin threads any more or make questionable remarks that even the ignorant question...twice !!!
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

I can't. You've never seen Nick get angry... you won't like him when he's angry.
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

KillerByte wrote: out of curiosity - and this line of questioning does not mean I am a Zuma supporter nor does it mean that I am not - but please point out anything Zuma has done since gaining the presidency that has put this country in jeopardy.
What has he done to better the lives of the poor and uneducated?

Reinforced their dependency on the state by relaxing social grant criteria?
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

KillerByte wrote:
*munch* aww KB ruined it!!! oh well on with the thread...

Look I see your point but the President is supposed to set an example to the people and his actions and words influence millions of people.

Rules he has broken 1) Safe sex 2) not having multiple partners 3) showers preventing aids 4) his AK47 song basically incites the use of guns against his enemies and there are examples of people with fake guns at Zuma rallies. How long till some bozo like Malema brings a real gun to show off?
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

StarPhoenix wrote:
KillerByte wrote: out of curiosity - and this line of questioning does not mean I am a Zuma supporter nor does it mean that I am not - but please point out anything Zuma has done since gaining the presidency that has put this country in jeopardy.
What has he done to better the lives of the poor and uneducated?

Reinforced their dependency on the state by relaxing social grant criteria?
Doing noting is more of an evil than trying to do something and fail in the process.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

Frozenfireside wrote:
KillerByte wrote:
*munch* aww KB ruined it!!! oh well on with the thread...

Look I see your point but the President is supposed to set an example to the people and his actions and words influence millions of people.

Rules he has broken 1) Safe sex 2) not having multiple partners 3) showers preventing aids 4) his AK47 song basically incites the use of guns against his enemies and there are examples of people with fake guns at Zuma rallies. How long till some bozo like Malema brings a real gun to show off?
but these actions were committed before he became president

teh bolded text is in my view the perfect example of how he "suckered" the majority into getting him into power
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

His actions while President have not enhanced our country in any way, he has disturbed foreign investors, the life blood of any civilised economy, he is a liar, claimed that he had, through his policies, created 450000 jobs when in fact more than 1000000 were lost. Both Gautrain and the Stadiums are nearing completion, some already complete, where are those workers going now?
His handling of the Mandela 20th anniversary was so cretinous that it boggled the mind. His claim that De Klerk released Mandela was because of the armed struggle by the ANC, the ANC had no armed struggle in South Africa or any where else, a few isolated cowardly bombings and nothing else. If credit needs to be given as to the economic demise of the previous regime we need to look at Desmond Tutu. Sanctions and the SWA war brought the old establishment to its economic knees.
He allows Malema to sprout nonsense every time the little idiot opens his mouth, while this is lapped up by the common masses, overseas this is seen as a weakness by the Zuma leadership style, again resulting in uncertainty. His inability to curb corruption is hurting the country, he talks the talk but cannot walk the walk. Add to that his inability on a diplomatic front to offer or force a Zimbabwean settlement.
Wednesday saw a pathetic attempt to provide an adequate budget proposal, a little sin tax, a huge permanent petrol hike and really nothing else of value. World Cup now running at 33 billion, add to this another 684 million just for security and the general running of the show. This is all under the Zuma banner, and you ask what he has done, I will tell you what he has done, sweet F***all.
His charisma will not be enough, I am afraid.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

but these actions were committed before he became president
And yet he became president after these actions - this should tell you something about the level of eduction and civility of the 'so called majority'
Temporary Absence
ADT

Post by ADT »

Corruption FTW in the our wonderful SA....do yourself a favor, go to news24, then search MalemaYes the Honorable ANC youth leader idiot and then start laughing :lol: as you read the articles about his outbursts and accusations he makes...it's actually ridiculous :shock:
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
ADT

Post by ADT »

How's this for a Leader's Matric results :shock:

http://jeremynell.com/2008/10/julius-ma ... c-results/

Another Massive lolz :lol:
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Give him the finger and a 2 weeks notice. Maybe air drop him between those that lost their new found jobs.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.