Actress Brittany Murphy dead at 32

A place to talk about more serious topics such as politics, society and current events.
Forum rules
Please read the discussion section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Actress Brittany Murphy dead at 32

Post by wizardofid »

Another one bites the dust?
Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Brittany Murphy, the bubbly, free-spirited actress who appeared in such films as "Clueless" and "8 Mile," died Sunday, apparently of natural causes, the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office said. She was 32.

Murphy was pronounced dead at 10:04 a.m. PT Sunday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, hospital spokeswoman Sally Stewart told CNN Radio.

An autopsy had not been scheduled as of Sunday night, but Captain John Kades, a spokesman for the coroner's office, told CNN that there was no sign of foul play or trauma. He added that it's not unusual for a younger person to die of natural causes.

The coroner's office is looking into Murphy's medical history. A final report could take up to eight weeks.

The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating the death, and robbery and homicide detectives will be at her home, LAPD spokeswoman Norma Eisenman said.
Video: Brittany Murphy dead
Timeline: Murphy's acting career
RELATED TOPICS

* Brittany Murphy
* Hollywood
* King of the Hill

"The sudden loss of our beloved Brittany is a terrible tragedy," her family said in a statement issued by her publicist. "She was our daughter, our wife, our love and a shining star. We ask you to respect our privacy at this time."

Funeral arrangements are pending, the family said.

Murphy starred in several movies, including "Just Married," "Don't Say a Word" and "Riding in Cars with Boys." She also voiced the character Luanne on the animated TV series "King of the Hill."

She is survived by her husband, British screenwriter Simon Monjack, whom she married in 2007.

Fans took to Murphy's official Facebook page Sunday to issue their condolences.

"She was a great actress and was going to go far in her career! She will be greatly missed!" read one post.

Murphy's former boyfriend and "Just Married" co-star Ashton Kutcher posted his reaction to the news via Twitter.

"2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon," Kutcher posted.

He added later: "see you on the other side kid."

Singer-actress Jessica Simpson tweeted: "Brittany Murphy was an incredible ray of Light to so many people. Her smile was contagious. My prayers are with her family and loved ones."

Actress Alyssa Milano, who did a USO tour with Murphy in 2003, wrote on Twitter: "She was a sweet soul, with a lot of talent and heart."

Murphy was best known for her work in a string of romantic comedies in the early 2000s, including lead roles in "Uptown Girls" alongside fellow Georgia native Dakota Fanning, and "Little Black Book" with Holly Hunter and Kathy Bates, but her movie roles had declined in recent years.

Last month, Murphy reportedly was fired from "The Caller," a movie she was working on in Puerto Rico. Her representative issued a statement to news outlets disputing the report, saying: "She was not nor has she ever been fired from any job big or small. ... [Due] to creative differences Ms. Murphy and the production mutually parted ways," according to People magazine.

In addition to her "King of the Hill" role, she lent her voice to a number of animated works including the TV series "Futurama" and the 2006 hit movie "Happy Feet."

Her work as troubled teenagers in "Don't Say a Word" and "Girl, Interrupted" also gained her critical acclaim.

Murphy was the subject of tabloid gossip after she transformed from a pudgy brunette in 1995's "Clueless" to a petite, lithe blonde who graced the cover of such magazines as Cosmopolitan in 2005. She frequently denied rumors of an eating disorder and plastic surgery.

Her love life also was fodder for gossip sites as she broke two engagements in 2004 and 2006, then married Monjack after only four months of dating.

"All these ridiculous people came out and said all this nonsense when we got married, [but] thank God we had the substance and the history within that to [say], 'Yeah, whatever!' " Monjack told People magazine in a 2008 interview. "We still don't understand what happened. It's made us laugh, it's made us cry, but it's made us stronger."
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/12/20/b ... index.html
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
SilverBack

Re: Actress Brittany Murphy dead at 32

Post by SilverBack »

:cry: Really sad news...she is one of my fav actresses :cry:
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Hire A Programmer -|- Just Source Code Blog
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Funny I watched happy feet again last night... go figure.
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Prime

Post by Prime »

Saw this on bit-tech.

Except the source quoted said cardiac arrest. At 32? :eyebrow:
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Prime wrote:Except the source quoted said cardiac arrest. At 32? :eyebrow:
Yeah I also heard cardiac arrest, but yeah, shocking :(
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

I'll always remember her as the crazy motel owner in Drive with Mark Dacascos.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
ADT

Post by ADT »

Yeah read about it early this morning, Suxs Bigtime, damn so many people kicked the bucket this year...Not cool, read somewhere that people suspect drug misuse, but i doubt it----Rumors....
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

WiK1d wrote:
My guess is drugs...
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

drugs are natural causes... in hollywood....

and... meh... if it is who i think, (and i'm an infrequent consumer of popular cinema and probably entirely wrong), this is hardly in line with the loss of talent we'd incur when someone like anthony hopkins takes a final bow.... :/...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

incur when someone like anthony hopkins takes a final bow..
So the pup does like some one...!!! I find it hard to believe......
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

The irony....
Prime

Post by Prime »

Monty wrote:
WiK1d wrote:
My guess is drugs...
Same here. 32 year old dropping dead in the shower. Not overweight, probably had low cholesterol.

Unless she had a preexisting condition, which by now we would have heard about, I guess drugs or suicide.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Yeah, sad news, she always did some great acting, at least in the movies I saw.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers