Beckham plays unfair...

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Beckham plays unfair...

Post by Y0da »

Clever move or foul play. You decide...

Full Story
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

I think it was quite clever, a bit of strategy used.
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

I think it's foul play. :?

It's not right to get yourself sent off so you can miss the next game. Rather get the manager to sub you and then miss the next game because of the injury.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

me not a soccer fundi, but i say well done on exploiting a loop hole. BTW he didnt do it to get out of the next match he did it so that he starts with a clean slate and has no more yellow cards to his name, at least thats how i read it.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

Envinyatar wrote:I think it's foul play. :?

It's not right to get yourself sent off so you can miss the next game. Rather get the manager to sub you and then miss the next game because of the injury.
He could've done that, but then he'd still be sitting with that yellow card and might get suspended when England plays a vital match.... I think he was clever, maybe not "true sportsmanship" but sport is all about strategy. He's missing an unimportant match and wiping the slate clean, no yellow card hanging over his head now.
Mekker

Post by Mekker »

he's in **** now!

typical manc!

FIFA is gonna punish the ******
Pentium 75
64Mb Ram
14" Monitor
Win98
Speakers, mouse, keyboard.
Image Image
brabham

Post by brabham »

Its obviously not fair, but it is also obviously within the rules of the game. If Sepp (b*tch about anything and everything any United player past or present has ever done) Blabber-head has his way this thing will get blown all out of proportion and poor old Becks will get stripped of the captaincy and probably be banned or fined as well.

UEFA/FIFA are so lame!
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
phr0ggi

Post by phr0ggi »

I got no sympathy for Becks. It's just gamesmanship and poor form.

Every yellow card should come with next match banning and every red card should have a two match ban..regardless of where you play or wher your next match is.

I'm so sick of watching South american and Italian footballers faceplant every 5 mins...

That'll clean up the game pretty damned quickly.
newtonHeath

Post by newtonHeath »

I personally think his PR team instructed him to say that because he was not gonna play in the game last night and take all the headlines like he did in the match against Wales. As they say "There is no such thing as bad publicity". The worst he can get is a fine.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

I see in this mornings paper that Beckham has apologised?
Mekker

Post by Mekker »

at least they made Owen captain, oh, and he scored!

i think Gerrard will be the England captain once he returns from his op
Pentium 75
64Mb Ram
14" Monitor
Win98
Speakers, mouse, keyboard.
Image Image
Jedi_NAG_Bully

Post by Jedi_NAG_Bully »

Yoda wrote:Clever move or foul play. You decide...
Damn clever move if you ask me, like some one stated earlier he now starts with a clean slate, lets face it, England are pretty much in the driving seat in their group, and the 1 game suspension suits everyone involved in the Engalnd camp, Azerbjan were never gonna be a real threat to England and it was the perfect time to have a forced rest. I wouldnt be surprised if England management didnt play a bigger role in that then they let on!

[quote="Mekker]he's in **** now!

typical manc!

FIFA is gonna punish the ******[/quote]FIFA cant do ***** to him, if they do it will have England up in arms, Sepp Blatter's mouth keeps writing checks his organistation has no right to cash! I used to have alot of respect for Blatter and FIFA, but recently all that organisation seems to do is interfere with football more thanactually helping it!

As for Becks being a typical Manc, he is actually a Galactico now, United had no role in this!
Phroggi wrote:I got no sympathy for Becks. It's just gamesmanship and poor form.

Every yellow card should come with next match banning and every red card should have a two match ban..regardless of where you play or wher your next match is.

I'm so sick of watching South american and Italian footballers faceplant every 5 mins...

That'll clean up the game pretty damned quickly.
Dont be to harsh on him Phroggi, if you ask me it was an ingenious move, why every one thinks this is cheating is beyond me, He sat out his one game, he is now available to England with out that burden hanging over his head! I havent seen anywhere in the rules where this is against the law, If FIFA do take any action, they will use the tried and trusted "Bringing the game into disrepute" which is so broad, it aint funny!
Mekker wrote:at least they made Owen captain, oh, and he scored!

i think Gerrard will be the England captain once he returns from his op
Why on God's green earth would they do that?
Beckham has served England to the best of his ability always giving 120%, to actually even entertain the thought that he should get stripped of his captency is ludicrous to say the least! in fact I wont grace that comment with any more of a reply!
jbayman

Post by jbayman »

If there is a loophole to exploit, then exploit it.
It's the only way to get the loophole closed.

I'd say it was a clever play.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
brabham

Post by brabham »

I think Owen was only captain for the one game. With Beckham expected back for the next one he will have the captaincy again, well unless old Sepp-tic Tank opens his big smelly mouth again...
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer