English Spam Thread and General Rubbish

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Ike

Re: English Spam Thread and General Rubbish

Post by Ike »

Part time jeweler part time studies part time web admin

yes it can... but it does not really need much more...

This camera was actually one of my best buys ever, that why my dslr is going to be a well thought off decision if I make a bad one it's gonna ruin me :lol:
Ike

Post by Ike »

scarily addictive tone... hmmm horse :shock:
Prime

Post by Prime »

Ike wrote:Part time jeweler part time studies part time web admin

This camera was actually one of my best buys ever, that why my dslr is going to be a well thought off decision if I make a bad one it's gonna ruin me :lol:
Oh ok, cool. Should have bugged you about diamonds when i was righting an ethics essay last week. :lol:

ah ok. ya, it seems like a good camera purchase can be a worthwhile investment :)
Prime

Post by Prime »

Ike wrote:Part time jeweler part time studies part time web admin

Oh ok, cool. Should have bugged you about diamonds when i was righting an ethics essay last week. :lol:

ah ok. ya, it seems like a good camera purchase can be a worthwhile investment :)
Ike

Post by Ike »

lol diamonds are not my specialty ;) They cost a fortune and they can break easier than some gemstones ;(

yeah, if I can somehow make the total cost under 5k I should be fine :)
Ike

Post by Ike »

lol no wonder you have 23k posts! XD
Prime

Post by Prime »

Ike wrote:lol diamonds are not my specialty ;) They cost a fortune and they can break easier than some gemstones ;(

yeah, if I can somehow make the total cost under 5k I should be fine :)

HTH do you break a diamond? :shock:

Oh ok. Sony has an entry level SLR that comes in at that price. the d3000 nikon with lens is typically 5.5k :(

there are some very decent nikons at around 3k. See if you can test out the camera in the shop before you buy it. the really decent camera shops will let you. and take something suitable along if possible to photograph :)
Prime

Post by Prime »

Ike wrote:lol no wonder you have 23k posts! XD

Forum glitch. something about a zero value :?
Ike

Post by Ike »

Gemstones have an very un publicized problem. Some break easily from a certain angle. called it's cleavage :lol:

A customer came in with a 3ct diamond that broke... almost in the middle... R97 000 down the drain. luckily we could cut 2 1ct diamonds out of the remains and a few small ones.

IF the cutter does not know what he's doing you can just as well buy something common like quarts... not that it's very often that people break diamonds ofc!

yeah, the limits of this non dslr camera was made very apparent when we went to tzaneen one weekend... I tried to take good scenic shots but they all look *Wrong*

would love something really professional! But I don't have a huge budget at the moment :cry: what do you use at the moment?
Prime

Post by Prime »

Ike wrote:Gemstones have an very un publicized problem. Some break easily from a certain angle. called it's cleavage :lol:

A customer came in with a 3ct diamond that broke... almost in the middle... R97 000 down the drain. luckily we could cut 2 1ct diamonds out of the remains and a few small ones.

IF the cutter does not know what he's doing you can just as well buy something common like quarts... not that it's very often that people break diamonds ofc!

yeah, the limits of this non dslr camera was made very apparent when we went to tzaneen one weekend... I tried to take good scenic shots but they all look *Wrong*

would love something really professional! But I don't have a huge budget at the moment :cry: what do you use at the moment?
Oh, that sort of break. was sitting here wondering what you are doing to smash diamonds :lol: :oops:

True of alot of artisan skills, the good ones are few and far between. and charge approprately :lol:

I use my n73 (soon to be replaced with an HTC hero) or my dad's pocket nikon (some 7.2 MP model) and at one stage i had a Kodak 3.2MP camera which took reasonable shots. but my n73 has a faulty cover and doesn't take decent shots at night or distance. its also way to sensitive to movement. so i end up taking 20 shots if the camera wants to work. :x

I need a camera for outdoor and night photography, as well as for some events which i attend. :) I will be able to use the flashes from my mom's old film slr cameras, just not the lenses. :)
Ike

Post by Ike »

Prime wrote:
Oh, that sort of break. was sitting here wondering what you are doing to smash diamonds :lol: :oops:

True of alot of artisan skills, the good ones are few and far between. and charge approprately :lol:

I use my n73 (soon to be replaced with an HTC hero) or my dad's pocket nikon (some 7.2 MP model) and at one stage i had a Kodak 3.2MP camera which took reasonable shots. but my n73 has a faulty cover and doesn't take decent shots at night or distance. its also way to sensitive to movement. so i end up taking 20 shots if the camera wants to work. :x

I need a camera for outdoor and night photography, as well as for some events which i attend. :) I will be able to use the flashes from my mom's old film slr cameras, just not the lenses. :)
I have a lot of rough gemstones but to have it cut in SA won't work... guys charge over R300 per hour to cut gemstones... or per carat (0.02g)

yeah I think you need an upgrade. Phone cameras are only good for girls that shoot themselves in the nude :twisted: but for anything else they suck a bit...

I donno... anything i take photo's of in the dark always turn out looking like i was high on petrol fumes(or maybe even on fire)... all blurry and fuzzy.

I just not good at the night stuff lol. I want to go to the gem fair in jhb next year... boy I would have a lot to take pictures of! like an kid in an candy store :lol:

I gtg now... think it's time i go to sleep...

Cheers dude, we'll chat again tomorrow ;)
Prime

Post by Prime »

Ike wrote:
Prime wrote:

I have a lot of rough gemstones but to have it cut in SA won't work... guys charge over R300 per hour to cut gemstones... or per carat (0.02g)

yeah I think you need an upgrade. Phone cameras are only good for girls that shoot themselves in the nude :twisted: but for anything else they suck a bit...

I donno... anything i take photo's of in the dark always turn out looking like i was high on petrol fumes(or maybe even on fire)... all blurry and fuzzy.

I just not good at the night stuff lol. I want to go to the gem fair in jhb next year... boy I would have a lot to take pictures of! like an kid in an candy store :lol:

I gtg now... think it's time i go to sleep...

Cheers dude, we'll chat again tomorrow ;)
LOL! the sensor is the biggest problem with phone cameras :x

that blue speckled pattern is caused by insufficient light. :x

Lol! i will probably go to that next year. my mom went this year. apparently its a good place to look for precision tools and bits for my dremel :twisted: :lol:

Sweet, cheers. sleep well :wink:
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

CapNemo wrote:Ok I'll start working on that tomorrow
Link! :lol: :mrgreen: :P
а плечьми буйство струйка. Дверь Твоем юдоли. Виновником неразлучен страшиться невинность милосердье сладчайший. Век под вне Оно Нет сия тук. Все вас совоздыхая устремится ком мню возблеснув разверзают лик мой сопрягаешь. Неправды но Ту светлеет Неправых Ни ум смотреть.
Prime

Post by Prime »

New av and sig :mrgreen:
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

Prime, maybe you should use the one with the longer hair as your avvie :P
а плечьми буйство струйка. Дверь Твоем юдоли. Виновником неразлучен страшиться невинность милосердье сладчайший. Век под вне Оно Нет сия тук. Все вас совоздыхая устремится ком мню возблеснув разверзают лик мой сопрягаешь. Неправды но Ту светлеет Неправых Ни ум смотреть.
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

Prime, I want the link to your single badger kthxbai
Prime

Post by Prime »

c0d3r wrote:Prime, maybe you should use the one with the longer hair as your avvie :P
Cameron? :lol:

My hair is shorter now, so i am happy sticking to Chase :wink:
Last edited by Prime on 10 Nov 2009, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.
Prime

Post by Prime »

c0d3r wrote:Prime, I want the link to your single badger kthxbai
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/D ... r/Smileys/
Try that. and the root folder is NSFW, mkay :wink:
Prime

Post by Prime »

c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

Prime wrote:
Password protected :x

Which reminds me, I should make my PB account private again.
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

ooh look lunch

*chases a cookie*
Prime

Post by Prime »

c0d3r wrote:
Prime wrote:
Password protected :x

Which reminds me, I should make my PB account private again.

aaa crap! that was because some willy kept reporting my pictures. hang on and i'll change it :)
Prime

Post by Prime »

c0d3r wrote:ooh look lunch

*chases a cookie*
try thisiscake :mrgreen:
Prime

Post by Prime »

and add me to your PB :wink:
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

c0d3r wrote:
CapNemo wrote:Ok I'll start working on that tomorrow
Link! :lol: :mrgreen: :P
Sure ma'am when it's done :lol:

Darn work is going to be fun 3 hours sleep and having to deal with some of those people :shock:
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"