riding experiance yesterday.

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
SBSP

riding experiance yesterday.

Post by SBSP »

OK you probably going to think that this is deep.

I did my first Jump. I ride a CRF230F, friends have a Dinly 450 Quad, other friend have Bom 650 and the other one have a RM250 2 stroke.
In a straight line the 450 quad wastes me not to speak of the 650 bom and the RM250 2 stroke LOL *Sigh*

So i wanted to dump 230 cus its a tractor, never wanted to even wheelie it cus i'm scared of breaking something like the forks.
And its very dissapointing to know you spent 30K on a worthless bike , bought it about a year ago. (I see they cost 42K now Sheesh)
Only to find out yesterday that this bike is alot more then what i thought.

We kind of layed out our own track at spider valley in V.town.
So we started racing (I just tagged along at the back) , So i got a headstart cus the others are way more experianced and i cant corner like a quad.
The pressure was high and hit a hump in the terain which is flat at the top.

The front wheel went up, and back wheel dragged along, I almost came down, second time round took it easy, third time round, hit it a bit harder, did a bit of a jump
but couldnt tell if it was a jump or not.
4rth time round , i smacked it hard straight and easy, motor went screaming in the air as it was running freely, closed the throttle and as i landed opend upagain
and shot forward like a bullet! when hiting the bump the 130KG mountain goat becomes as light as a feather! it amaizing.
You go fast then all of a sudden its like your free, like a space shuttle breakinkg through the atmosphere or like an eagle that takes its first successful flight.
Damn it felt good!, and it still does!

Also the 230's suspension is damn forgiving, it just handles it and its not bottoming at all,But i'm sure that will change if you weigh 80Kg and above.
Ive ridden a Jonway Sam 250 (MotoX look a like bike),its brand new when you ride it make a clanky noise the power on it is not as good.
I'm sure if you jump that it will break something, Somehow i inherrited that feeling from the johnway onto my 230.

From there on it was all fun!

Hehe I love my CRF230!

Is it just me or does other people also experiance this, or is this just "Pfffft what ever!"
Screeper

Re: riding experiance yesterday.

Post by Screeper »

Ah yes, the days of your first few jumps. A memory to cherish. Although you'll probably remember you're first few crashes after the jumps as well if you continue to ride your little track.
You get braver and braver until you hit it one gear higher or you come off the previous berm just a little bit faster and suddenly you've over jumped and your front wheel dips you do an elegant handstand over the bars and then the bike rides over you ;)

But yet I remember my first few jumps as well. A great feeling.
Also my first few really long wheelies are something to remember.
Btw that CRF230F will wheelie forever, so don't be scared of breaking the forks or anything, it won't break, they're tough.

Enjoy :)
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.