Emo kids deserve a klap

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
mina.magpie

Re: Emo kids deserve a klap

Post by mina.magpie »

People go to school to learn stuff, not to be degraded and abused. Discipline is a problem that starts at home because of overworked absentee parents who think they can buy their kids' love, obedience and whatever else off with a playstation and some McDonalds, and expect them to raise themselves and each other. Kids aren't little adults. They're KIDS. They need guidance and love and attention, or they don't develop properly.

The only thing bullying, hazing, initiation and the like do is foster resentment and cause psychological problems. Kids get killed or kill themselves because of being singled out by this kind of crap. Ask any gender variant or gay kid what the realities of school life are.

Really, one would think we'd evolved past this by now.

Mina.
"Don't waste your whole life trying to get back what was taken away" - The Offspring from "Kristy are you doing okay"
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

lol I agree with everyone that initiation is a pathetic attempt at trying to 'ready a younger generation.'

I never payed school fee's to go weed their cricket field? I payed to get an education - and not what some dude who finally turns 18 thinks is an education.

**** em...I never did anything they told me to do....hell my friends and I performed like b|tches if they even asked us to pick up litter.

Not because we were sissies or momma's boys which we werent, but purely because WE pay for that school to run and function. WE OWN THAT SCHOOL...the people who

pay to get an education....not an oldman who labels himself a headmaster and tries to replicate his childhood days.

PEACE!!
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
NealeDeadlyAlien
Registered Bush Snake Facehugger

Post by NealeDeadlyAlien »

Agreed, and to be honest you go to school to better your intelligence and learn about the facts of life.

If I wanted to be smacked around, shoved and humiliated I would of joined the frikken army.
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

NealeDeadlyAlien wrote:If I wanted to be smacked around, shoved and humiliated I would of joined the frikken army.
Lol when you're in the army...you're supposed to do that to the enemy :wink: :lol:
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

ADV4NCED, ADV4NCED, you obviously never went through basics.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

NealeDeadlyAlien wrote: If I wanted to be smacked around, shoved and humiliated I would of joined the frikken army.
Spent 3 years in the army and was never smacked around or shoved. Except maybe whilst lining up for grub...
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

doo_much wrote:
NealeDeadlyAlien wrote: If I wanted to be smacked around, shoved and humiliated I would of joined the frikken army.
Spent 3 years in the army and was never smacked around or shoved. Except maybe whilst lining up for grub...
Exactly...see tribble... he was too busy shoving and smacking the enemy around :P
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

ADV4NCED wrote:
doo_much wrote:
Exactly...see tribble... he was too busy shoving and smacking the enemy around :P
Yep you're right.

The enemy being the n00b in the line in front of you trying to score the last sausage! :evil:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

doo_much wrote:The enemy being the n00b in the line in front of you trying to score the last sausage! :evil:
I am sure you got your fair share of sausage in the army :P
NealeDeadlyAlien
Registered Bush Snake Facehugger

Post by NealeDeadlyAlien »

doo_much wrote:
:lol: :lol: was your SGT Major a decent chap then ;)
Ike

Post by Ike »

jamin_za wrote:
doo_much wrote:The enemy being the n00b in the line in front of you trying to score the last sausage! :evil:
Why did that song "in the navy" just jump into my head :lol:
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

jamin_za wrote:
Now I just know you don't mean what you should mean.

I know more than a few guys that went to the arm normal, healthy guys - they came out changed and/or broken. It definitely wasn't for everyone.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Tribble wrote:
I know more than a few guys that went to the arm normal, healthy guys - they came out changed and/or broken. It definitely wasn't for everyone.
Define normal... :mrgreen:

Anyways, the pros and cons of military service, conscripted or otherwise, deserves a thread all of its own.

This is about bashing emo kids! :twisted:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Well they became emo after what was done to them in the army. The one went mental.

And why are you so against emo kids? For some of them it isn't a social choice.
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

jamin_za wrote:

lol he's not gonna answer that one... thats classified information :mrgreen: :lol:
jee

Post by jee »

Tribble wrote: I know more than a few guys that went to the arm normal, healthy guys - they came out changed and/or broken. It definitely wasn't for everyone.

I on the other hand, know many wimps/broken boys/uncertain men who went to the army and came out much better equipped to face life. I think it all had to do with who your Sergeant was....
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Hmmm maybe this should be renamed to something a little more appropriate?

A news story that is close to home for me:

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1 ... 986C228926
Bullied boy tried suicide, says mother

Another allegation of bullying at Pinetown Boys' High surfaced on Tuesday, the third since The Mercury reported the first incident on Monday.

A woman said her son had attempted suicide after being beaten and dangled off a balcony by bullies who found out that he was gay.

The woman, who cannot be named to protect her son's identity, said the incident happened three years ago when her son was in Grade 9.

"My son is gay. They (the bullies) came to know this and he was victimised. In one incident they held him by his ankles over a second-floor balcony. He went through a very bad phase because of this and tried to commit suicide. He ended up in rehabilitation and his grandfather decided to pull him out of the school," she said.

The mother said that they had footage taken on a cellphone camera of the alleged incident and that she had tried to address the issue with the school on several occasions.

"I was told my son was different and that I should take him to church," she said.

"Even though he has left the school, he still bears the scars (of the incident) today."

On Monday, The Mercury reported that a Durban father had laid charges of intimidation against a group of 16- and 17-year-olds from the school who had been allegedly bullying his 16-year-old son since last September.

The boy had been beaten by the bullies on several occasions.

Yesterday, it was reported that a Durban woman said that her son had been bullied at the school for several months. In one incident, he was allegedly "strangled" when he refused to steal a pie from the tuck shop for a matric pupil.

The mother said that the school "would not do anything" and she had therefore taken her son to another school. She said he was being treated for depression.

Pinetown Boys' High principal Dave Aitken said the school's management was liaising with Education Department officials and hoped to organise a meeting where they could present their case to the media.

In 2007, a presentation by Dr Pierre du Plessis and Dr Lloyd Conley, of the University of Johannesburg, noted that bullying in South African schools, by pupils and teachers, had reached "epidemic proportions".

The doctors were speaking at the International Conference on Learner Discipline in Potchefstroom when they said that:

Most pupils were targeted by bullies in taxis on the way to school, or in toilets and bathrooms at schools.

Bullying was found to peak during junior high school years.

Boys were also more likely to be bullies than girls.

Bullying behaviour included teasing, taunting, threatening, hitting and stealing.

Bullying could also be indirect by causing a pupil to be socially isolated.
I went to PBHS and was bullied and just like this kid was brushed off different headmaster though...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Pinetown Boys' High principal Dave Aitken said the school's management was liaising with Education Department officials and hoped to organise a meeting where they could present their case to the media.
What does this ******* wnt to present to the media, that he and the rest of the school's leaders are pathetic, that he gets a jolly from seeing boys butts and genitals exposed? He loves to wield a bit of the cane to rock his jollies? This guy should have kept his mouth shut and taken it like a man, sorted the problem and with a bit of luck it would not have happened again. As for the Parktown High Head boy, who appeared all tearful on TV, saying he was wrong etcetera, lo and behold, three months later he beats up a boy in line because said boy's haircut was not regulation? These are pathetic schools with pathetic leadership.

As Annie baby mentions, at Pinetown it happens to be an old problem.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

My first day at high school they caught a standard six pupil, stuck him head first in a bin and rolled him down a bank.

That being said, I was never bullied in high school. We had our hell week in standard six where it was tradition for matrics to make life difficult for standard sixes, but after that it was relatively smooth sailing for me personally.

I did not participate in the hell week when I was in matric, the standard sixes looked like kindergarten kids and I just could not bring myself to harass them.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Anakha56, Vigilante justice, punisher style, I say :evil:
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

lancelot wrote:As Annie baby mentions, at Pinetown it happens to be an old problem.
Grrrr... :twisted:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
mina.magpie

Post by mina.magpie »

Bloody Hell. :x

Is Durbs quite bad as far as bullying goes? I mean moreso than other areas?

My folks moved here during my matric year, so I missed most of the bad stuff, but my brother (4-years younger) saw alot of nasty goings-on in his day. Luckily he was much more able to stand up to people, and for people, but yeah, I've heard some really ugly stories from him.

Mina.
"Don't waste your whole life trying to get back what was taken away" - The Offspring from "Kristy are you doing okay"
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

It was not that bad when I was there, most of the time it backfired on the idiots. An example of this:

The one guy pee'd in a Coke bottle put it on top the cupboard where we stashed out T.D boards and was hoping I would be the first to get there, however I was late and it dumped all over his friend. I laughed so hard that day...
mina.magpie

Post by mina.magpie »

Anakha56 wrote:It was not that bad when I was there, most of the time it backfired on the idiots. An example of this:

The one guy pee'd in a Coke bottle put it on top the cupboard where we stashed out T.D boards and was hoping I would be the first to get there, however I was late and it dumped all over his friend. I laughed so hard that day...
Justice has a beautiful sense of humour sometimes. :mrgreen:

Mina.
Prime

Post by Prime »

I at least had some teachers and a headmaster who dealt with the *****es.

But going back to Parktown boys high school, My mom worked across the road in an office block and frequently witnessed boys beating each other up on the behavement outside the school. :roll: