Should I feel guilty if something happens?

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: Should I feel guilty if something happens?

Post by Anakha56 »

Nab wrote:If I broke some sort of protocol just posting in here lemme know but I couldn't help it on this one :mrgreen:
Cant speak for others but outside of the PCF Section and in the Chill and Ward areas you are just a normal n00b that needs his head bashed in :mrgreen: :P.

To answer your first question: Yes you should feel guilty if something happens, why you ask? You have the power right now to get her help the ball is firmly in your court like it or not. Best bet? Phone her family and approach them in a sincere manner, not sure but if you dont do anything and she does kill herself I am pretty sure you can be held responsible and might do time?

Of course the flip side is: Get back with her, use her, dump her and then threaten to kill yourself so that you can get back together with her. Reverse the roles see if she enjoys being manipulated...

//yes I can be evil sometimes...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Get the hell out man and quickly :evil:
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

lancelot wrote:Get the hell out man and quickly :evil:
QFT!!
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

first of all, congratulations on posting a personal email like that on a public forum for the whole world to see. i'm sure if the roles were reversed and she posted your deepest darkest thoughts on a public forum you would have no problem with it at all.

that being said, forward her emails to her parents.
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

On a personal note, I wouldn't feel guilty, not after what she did. Cheating is a biggie and doesn't warrant remorse or respect. It was a premeditated decision. I don't understand how anyone expects to trust the other after cheating results in a break up. I have trust issues and would never trust that person again which makes for a pretty cramped lifestyle.

When suicidal threats enter the picture it makes it even easier knowing the right decision was made. For personal reasons I have NO respect for attempted suicide victims or even successful ones. To me it just shows weakness. How many people would give everything they have for a petty problem that she has, yet they have the courage and strength to carry on with life.

My thoughts: She is seeking attention and whether you do anything about it or not is not your problem and you shouldn't feel guilty. Whatever will make YOU sleep better at night, do it, whether it's to drag her to an asylum for help, or email her the most efficient fail-safe ways of doing the deed, do it. Don't listen to us and regret or place blame on what happens. Good luck with the whole thing either way, hope it works out for you.

*edit* Seeing posts like Stu's, you know her intentions better than anyone else so if there's a chance it is serious, just a thought: Her knowing you "told on her" to her family/friends may just push her to a final and speedier decision, so play that card carefully.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

first of all, congratulations on posting a personal email like that on a public forum for the whole world to see.
Better idea
1. Post emails, pics, email addresses on /b/
2. Run like hell
3. ????
4. Profit!

Personly is just makes me angry when people want me me to feel abd to try and manipulate me.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Synthesis, you clearly don't understand and probably never will experience depression. When you can't see any other way out of you predicament and it feels like absolutely no one else gives a darn, maybe then you'll actually know why people take their own lives. I'll be interested to see what happens if one of your children gets depression and or commits suicide. and yes, i'm being hella cold in saying that.

I don't agree with suicide, it leaves more mess than it ever solves but people in a deep level of depression don't seem to see that.

Back on topic: she has knowingly or unknowingly damned you JUFO. if you do nothing, and she does suicide, her family could well sue you and/or you could well end up in jail as suicide is illegal in most countries of the world, including SA. You could be viewed as an accomplice. If you do do something, she may hate you for a very long time amongst the other possibilities. this might be a better path for everyone. At the Same time, do you really want to go anywhere near her again or get involved. Its a tough call, you need to see through the layer of depression poisoning the person, you and the world outside and decide who that person really is and if its really worth helping them.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Prime wrote:it feels like absolutely no one else gives a darn
look, just cos no one wants to fix your holey socks is no reason to take your life!
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

ASL? And is she hot?
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

As for all the relatively 'normal' people on the forum, a psychosis can't be understood by anybody but a trained psychological practitioner. To the rest of us, conditions like schizophrenia or severe depression may sound unlikely or even controllable, but to the person experiencing them, the symptoms and effects are a very real part of their lives and should never be taken lightly, especially when said person threatens to put their life in danger. Since you have nothing left to lose, your best option is providing all the evidence you have to the closest guardian of this chick, and hand her over to be somebody else's problem. As it stands, if you're the only person who knows about her intentions, you will be the first to be implicated if she takes her life, since you knew about her situation and did nothing to stop it. Get advice from her parents/guardian, and quickly at that.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Richard_ wrote:ASL? And is she hot?
:lol: Finally, the important questions! She must be hot though.

Hotness is directly proportional to craziness.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Prime

Post by Prime »

D3PART3D wrote:
Richard_ wrote:ASL? And is she hot?
:lol: Finally, the important questions! She must be hot though.

Hotness is directly proportional to craziness.
Oh dear, the hotness-craziness scale :twisted: Next we'll need the lemon law :twisted:
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I still reckon that you need to tell someone else and then leave it up to them.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Damn it, tell no one, this is natures way of correcting the gene pool. Telling people, like her parents, will only exacerbate matters, they would love to know that their daughter is no longer a virgin, that she sleeps around, what are you guys trying to do?
Leave it, time will sort it out. Psychological crap has nothing to do do with her immense feelings of guilt, she will eventually get over it.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

lancelot wrote:Damn it, tell no one, this is natures way of correcting the gene pool. Telling people, like her parents, will only exacerbate matters, they would love to know that their daughter is no longer a virgin, that she sleeps around, what are you guys trying to do?
Leave it, time will sort it out. Psychological **** has nothing to do do with her immense feelings of guilt, she will eventually get over it.
+1

Just confront her and show her some anger. Show her that you are deeply hurt by what she has done and that you have moved on and that she should do the same. The rest is up to her.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

Well she blames me for feeling like crapO.o.Said when i called her a %&** and a %^&^ (she deserved it though you cant argue) she lost her self-confidence.Sigh.She acts af if shes the victim here!I cant even go out with some friends and she flipped out.When i met her and she ssaid shes f'd up i didnt believe her!I blocked her on fb.Use my gmail now.I gotta change my number now.I think Shes been fine for some time.Her depro was gone for a while.She also says shes not a H...o...That shes was only with one guy.Like that makes it better.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

You are right it does not make it any better. Like I said you have to tell her to move on and get a life.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

+10
jee

Post by jee »

Synthesis wrote: When suicidal threats enter the picture it makes it even easier knowing the right decision was made. For personal reasons I have NO respect for attempted suicide victims or even successful ones. To me it just shows weakness.
Is that so? Do you know how much courage it actually takes for someone to go through with it? You obviously have not been in that place where you cannot think of anything else, cannot think of a way out, being in such a bad place that nothing else matters.

Having said that, too often people who has been left by their lovers use the suicide ploy to make you as unhappy as they are feeling. They think about you the whole time, and hurt - they want YOU to think about them the whole time, and hurt - even if it is for the wrong reason.

Having dealt with suicide-i-want-attention threaters and those who did not just threaten, I believe that your job is to let her parents/family know - and then leave her. If she feels that there is nothing left to live for, if her family cannot get her medication/therapy - then she should be allowed to go ahead and follow through with her choice. It is HER choice, not yours.

If you know in your heart of hearts that you have no blame, then you do not have to feel guilty.

Remember, we all make our own choices (well, most of us, some are being forced into stuff), and we live or die by it - that is what freedom is all about, no matter how hard/bad it is for others to come to terms with those choices.

And if it harm none do what ye will
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

jee wrote:And if it harm none do what ye will
Oh now you are talking like a Wikkan :?: Any relation :?:
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

Soo, justinfo, anything become of this since Tues?
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:
jee wrote:And if it harm none do what ye will
Oh now you are talking like a Wikkan :?: Any relation :?:
Considering you are both mods, have a massive post count and is active daily... I find that you should know G by now.
sheesh
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

Jonboy wrote:Soo, justinfo, anything become of this since Tues?
Nothing dude.I just dont care anymore.Blocked off all communication with her.
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

justinufo wrote:
Jonboy wrote:Soo, justinfo, anything become of this since Tues?
Nothing dude.I just dont care anymore.Blocked off all communication with her.
Good on you mate, you don't need that crackpot messing with your mind!
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]