Cassherin Sins (First Impressions)

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Cassherin Sins (First Impressions)

Post by larch »

Casshern Sins is a remake of the 1973 classic anime series, the remake was announced at this year’s TAF. Production will be done by madhouse, with Shigeyasu Yamauchi as director, Yasuko Kobayashi doing series composition, and Yoshihiko Umakoshi doing character designs. In the original series, a group of robots created by Dr. Azuma go out of control when they determine that humans are harmful to the earth’s ecosystem. After the robots have gained control of Earth, the doctor’s son, Tetsuya, decides to have himself turned into a cyborg for the purpose of defeating these robots and freeing mankind from their rule.

I did know much else about this title, other than the Youtube trailer that has been posted online a couple of month’s back, so I was a bit hesitant in downloading the first two episodes when they go released. But after watching the first two episodes I am glad to say that this show is looking good, the very first thing you notice is the high quality of animation. And the second thing is the animation style, it is unlike anything I have seen in a very long time. And it brings something really new and fresh to this show and the genre.

The story seems to take place in a post apocalyptic world that lies in ruin due to the destruction of the moon; it also seems to be a place that has been overrun by robots. All of these events have caused the human race to become nearly extinct, and to compensate for this some robots where made in the likeness of humans making it hard for humans and robots alike to tell each other apart.

Here we meet Cassherin, a half human half robotic creation with no memories or idea who he really is. But as soon as he awakens from his sleep he gets attacked by hordes of robots, who claim that “eating” him will make them immortal and restore the world back to its original state. They also say that he was the one that destroyed the moon and brought ruin on them all after killing the one called “Luna”.

While sitting next to the ocean a little girl named “Ringo” notices Cassherin sitting on the cliff side. The first words she says to him is “pretty”, this catches him totally off guard as the only words that were spoken to him since he has awakened was “kill Cassherin”. Cassherin quickly notices that she is a robot and not human like he first believed her to be, but this does not seem to phase him maybe its because she has taken the appearance of a human girl.

Shortly after meeting each other Ringo gets attacked by another robot who seems to be jealous of the fact that she has not decayed yet. As she is about to be destroyed by this robot Cassherin intervenes, and in a blind rage totally annihilates the robot while Ringo is watching of course. And being a robot herself this scares the living crap out of her, as she starts crying a strange man who seems to be human comes to her rescue. He tells Cassherin to leave him and Ringo alone.

So it seems that Cassherin is feared and hated by both the robots and the humans with no place to call home and no one to call his friends. And not knowing who or what he is does not help him either, all he knows is that his enemies call him Cassherin. And the he is the apparently the cause of all the misery in this world that he has awakened too.

I will definitely keep my eye on this series the animation quality and style really caught my attention, I can’t say much for the story yet as I have only watched the first two episodes but it seems that the story is also going to be of the same quality as the animation. So this is definitely something I will be watching as it gets released.
PsyCLown

Re: Cassherin Sins (First Impressions)

Post by PsyCLown »

Reminds me a bit of Saint Seiya.
The animation is really nice.
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Very interesting show. The first episode got my attention and the second closed the deal. I'll be sticking with this too.
larch

Post by larch »

PsyCLown wrote:Reminds me a bit of Saint Seiya.
Yeah I am downloading the OVA series from 1994 and trying to find the original series.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

larch wrote:
PsyCLown wrote:Reminds me a bit of Saint Seiya.
Yeah I am downloading the OVA series from 1994 and trying to find the original series.
Same here, I found a torrent...its 40GB or so...has the original TV series as well as the OVA series (1-24 I think and consists of 2 series, something inferno and something else...cant remember right now)

Perhaps ill start downloading it...dont think ill find it anywhere else...
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Underrated imo. Why? What do you guys make of this show? larch what happened to you?

Episode 8 was remarkable. The atmosphere, the colorful visuals and at long last non-Engrish songs. Everything was just right.
larch

Post by larch »

Rayne wrote:larch what happened to you?
I am busy with stuff :P Blogging, watching Anime and playing games :D
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Lol sound busy yeah.

Anyways episode #9 may have pwnd even episode #8. Every so often I have to remind myself that these guys aren't human.
larch

Post by larch »

Rayne wrote:Lol sound busy yeah.

Anyways episode #9 may have pwnd even episode #8. Every so often I have to remind myself that these guys aren't human.
Yeah I am loving the show, the atmosphere its creates is awesome love the story too though it gets a bit depressing at times.
larch

Post by larch »

Rayne wrote:Lol sound busy yeah.
Yeah gaming/anime/blogging is chewing most of my time now not that I mind since I enjoy what I do. And when I go on leave ill be doing it 24/7 for a month strait.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Yet again another awesome episode.

One of my personal favorite shows of 2008.
Futs

Post by Futs »

I saw the first episode and though "yeah not bad" carried on and got the live action movie, now I can't wait to start watching :P