Police brutality

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: Police brutality

Post by Tribble »

I Know how strongly you feel and do know where you are coming from. I don't believe that all rural stations are as bad as the ones I have dealt with - or that most of the police are corrupt. The saying goes - a few bad eggs. Once those have been eradicated = then things will improve.

I had the "pleasure" of digitizing all the footage that is available at the Robben Island Museum. I saw some footage that still gives me nightmares. Atrocities that you could never imagine. So I do not believe that all this is the result of affirmative action. Unfortunately - it is human nature.

I agree that corrupt politicians and leaders should be a thing of the past. We need leaders we can look up to and be proud of.
jee

Post by jee »

Now, I actually wanted to have an opinion on the use of tasers....I don't think they are used in SA?
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

I would not say that, they may be used in certain areas, I would look at the Chubb, ADT's of this world and maybe Special forces Riot Squads but I sincerely doubt it. The local Police do not use them, they are very expensive, a couple of thousand, it works by shooting a projectile that is attached to two wires and really give one a potent shock, the person will drop like a stone.. However stun guns are used by all and sundry, this is the small apparatus, hand held that delivers like 80000 V or more and has to be pressed onto the body. The person collapses for a bit, craps themselves, literally but is then OK. One can buy these all over the place, even Boys Toys. Cost about R500.
Stun guns are often confused with Tazers.
Koko_Lion

Post by Koko_Lion »

Personally I prefer stun guns because most of the time just the sound of that device is quite frighting, specially the really big ones. As far as I know you can't do that with tazers. I once zapped myself while trying to get my stun gun out my pocket and my thumb pushed the button, was pretty embarrassing :oops:
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Stun gun / tazer - no experience with either and I'd like to keep it that way! :P
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

I'm generally a law abiding citizen but I have been in serious trouble a couple of times. I have been smacked (back handed, strangled, kicked) by the cops when I was younger - but I probably deserved it that time (tried to run away lol) and they let me off afterwards. They were actually quite nice guys, used to greet them when I saw them after that.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Hex_Rated wrote:I'm generally a law abiding citizen but I have been in serious trouble a couple of times. I have been smacked (back handed, strangled, kicked) by the cops when I was younger
:lol:
You probably suck at talking your way out of trouble..

A friend and I once drove through a police barricade, smashing over the chain link fence they had put up - we were pissed drunk, of course. Then we tried to flee the scene.
They caught us a few hundred meters down the road, but after some smooth talking we got let off without any of them laying a finger on us.

Here is a dramatization of the events:

Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

HAHAHAHA! Nice cartoon.

I learned not to run away, I've also got off a lot by talking my way out of it - been bust for possession of MJ by the cheese (remember when they drove the yellow cars) about 4 times in my youth. I'm an experienced police whisperer by now. :)

The only time I ever got sent to the clink was when my friend harvested his crop (5 bankies of hydro) and was driving to do a delivery and I was in the car (it wasn't mine that time - I didn't even smoke anymore)... R10k in lawyers fees later they dropped the charges. Sorry if too much detail, BTW I don't condone illegal activities. :wink:

unless I'm the one committing them
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Methinks you had a misspent youth and gave/still give your folks grey hair. :lol:
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

the Independent Complaints Directorate (ICD) responded to DA questions by admitting that every one of them was currently investigating reports of torture by members of the SAPS
Tabasco
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey