Anybody living in the uk?

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Abatis

Anybody living in the uk?

Post by Abatis »

I'm just curious to find out if anybody on the forum lives in the uk?
i'm moving to london in january and i'm a bit nervous :)
would just like some opinions about the place

EDIT: please o please dont turn this into how crap sa is thread :|
What does man fear most? That no one will understand him, or that someone truly might?
Zana

Re: Anybody living in the uk?

Post by Zana »

I will be there next year ... ta ta Ma Chance ta ta la South Africa
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Art Gallery: www.zananeichan.deviantart.com
Abatis

Post by Abatis »

did you see the working holiday maker visa is expiring today? from monday onwards you wont be able to get it anymore
What does man fear most? That no one will understand him, or that someone truly might?
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Hmmm, I see you're from Orkney, my cousin's girlfriend who spent 2 years in the UK is also from there, Melanie, maybe you run into her and you can ask her... :lol:

Seriously though, don't be nervous. Enjoy the sights and new experiences. Just watch out for street kids with knives! You'll be going over in winter which is gonna be pretty crappy, I absolutely hated the weather in Western europe. If I may ask, why are you moving over if you haven't even been there yet, wouldn't a visit to see if you like the place first be better?

Another thing, don't be too trusting of strangers, there are a lot of scammers out there who prey on foreigners who look lost and confused. There are also lots of saffa's in the UK though so when you arrive try to hook up with some groups there, in fact google for some expat groups in the meantime so that when you arrive you've built a little network of people, always helpful.
Abatis

Post by Abatis »

lol i actually know a mellanie or 2...

thanks for some sound advice, i'm moving there, because i want to try something new.. an adventure if u will, i have done all the research i can and i do have a few friends in the area aswell. but its stil a big step and im a little nervous its alot of money :mrgreen:

btw my visa was approved today, on the last official day the visa exists 8) 8) 8)

still waiting on someone who actually lives in the area though... thought at least 1 of the ppl here would be :?
Zana

Post by Zana »

Abatis wrote:did you see the working holiday maker visa is expiring today? from monday onwards you wont be able to get it anymore
I have my plans...
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
NealeDeadlyAlien
Registered Bush Snake Facehugger

Post by NealeDeadlyAlien »

You looking for someone in the UK.. While chat to me :D actually wait on second thoughts hmmm :wink:

Give me a pm if you need advice
Zana

Post by Zana »

NealeDeadlyAlien wrote:You looking for someone in the UK.. While chat to me :D actually wait on second thoughts hmmm :wink:

Give me a pm if you need advice
Thanks, well as well still getting the paperwork all sorted out, thaught i had it sorted out, when all the way to JHB..and my father messed up a little..

Yup i have aunts, uncles etc there... I even have a sister there whome i never met... complicated... you know i always wished i had a sister.
Love and hugs
Danielle
((^_^))
Abatis

Post by Abatis »

well its almost time :shock: if all goes to plan im flying saturday, lol the word nervous isnt cutting it anymore
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Abatis wrote:well its almost time :shock: if all goes to plan im flying saturday, lol the word nervous isnt cutting it anymore
Haha, I know how you feel... Try not to worry too much. Once you're on the plane relax with some movies and chill... Good luck, enjoy the UK and the experience, and keep us updated! :D
Abatis

Post by Abatis »

lol, well im in london, and back on the net :mrgreen:

must say its very very different living here, i am quite enjoying it