Finally got my Ceebee...

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
PsyCLown

Finally got my Ceebee...

Post by PsyCLown »

Ahoy~

Finally, I have it... My CBR!!! :twisted:

Waited a while, the wait started 1st November 2008 :P
Now its all mine! Got my learners and so on...

Honda CBR 125R, 2006 model, Repsol colour scheme...
Ahh yeh.. I actually "had" it since last Saturday (paid for it and so on). It was at a frineds place though and he had it road worthied for me.

My first bike, I had a few leasons, have yet to take a ride around the block yet. :P
Only riden it in a parking lot and around the circle outside my complex :lol:
Im getting there, rather be safe than sorry...

Got a nice Shark S500 helmet, an okay jacket and will be getting gloves soon.
Ill try get some pictures taken tomorrow and post them.
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Keigo

Re: Finally got my Ceebee...

Post by Keigo »

LOL~ Having fun with your ride?

ride safe is important, see people who have accident on their bikes are damn bad... :(
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

hehe, yeh, im careful... Do I need some practice though, which I will get, before I ride during the heavy traffic hours (to school) and mid traffic hours (back from school).

Damn, I love it... I'm going to name my bike "Tsubasa". It is Japanese for "Wing(s)".
The feeling of riding a bike is hard to explain, although at times it feels as if you are flying. Its just you and your bike, on the road, nothing else matters, the humming of your exhaust and engine combined in the background and so on...
It all just adds to the awesomeness of riding a bike. You free in a way, you are free, you aren't locked up and straped down inside of a cage.

Now stop posting here Keigo and go translate!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :P

EDIT: Post 6660
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

Congrats. I know the feeling of riding a bike. Nothing compares.

Head over HERE for nice info for beginners and all things general with bikes.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

I told you - not pics, or it didn't happen.. as per jamin
Temporary Absence
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Anthropoid wrote:I told you - not pics, or it didn't happen.. as per jamin
Yes yes, I know... They coming ;) Dont worry :P

IcePick, im on the TB (ThinkBike) forum and LOVE IT there... Will check out the BikeSA one too.
Although I think TB is more of a community where as BikeSA just a forum :S

Like PCF and BF ;)

Spoiler (show)
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

How much did you pay because My dad-in-law is selling his daughters CBR-125 also Repsol for R15k. 2007 model with 3000k's on the clock. It's actually virtually brand new because she had it for such a short time then they moved from the city to the platteland on the plot where it's standing.
I would LOVE to buy it and I have first option but I just don't have the cash. :( It's on the market for R19k but I know he'll take R15k.
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

PsyCLown wrote: will be getting gloves soon..
Get gloves now ;) your hands are the first things to shred when you wipe out cos your instincts are to stop your fall with your hands.
Seriously though, you need gloves asap.

Nice dude, it is a great bike - bullet-proof engine, superb brakes and handles sweetly as well.
Enjoy :D
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Synthesis wrote:How much did you pay because My dad-in-law is selling his daughters CBR-125 also Repsol for R15k. 2007 model with 3000k's on the clock. It's actually virtually brand new because she had it for such a short time then they moved from the city to the platteland on the plot where it's standing.
I would LOVE to buy it and I have first option but I just don't have the cash. :( It's on the market for R19k but I know he'll take R15k.
I paid R14K, the guy gave me his air flow jacket and helmet...
The helmet I shall keep incase of an emergency as its a medium where I am an extra small and its a cheap bottom plastc NoLan helmet... :S

The jacket I am using untill I can get some leathers. Also the Repsol colour scheme was last made in 2006 ;) Soo, it can't be a 2007 version. If you want more proof, take a look at the lights, the 2006 and previous models have different shaped headlights compared to the 2007 and upwards models :D

It had 73xx on the clock when I got it... Not its 740x :P hehe
It has a Stealth Performance Pipe on it as well.
Screeper wrote:
PsyCLown wrote: will be getting gloves soon..
Get gloves now ;) your hands are the first things to shred when you wipe out cos your instincts are to stop your fall with your hands.
Seriously though, you need gloves asap.

Nice dude, it is a great bike - bullet-proof engine, superb brakes and handles sweetly as well.
Enjoy :D
I know that, thats why I want to get gloves sooner than later. I will either be getting the Richa Magma gloves or the RST Chicane gloves. Went to try some gloves on today to see what size I am... Well, I have small hands... the extra small could be a bit smaller to fit my hands perfectly :P hehe

XXS, pitty they dont have that... Soo, she will order the Richa Magma and RST Chicane for me, both in XS (smallest) then I will try on and see which is more comfortable (I know they will most likely stretch as well)...

Should get them this weekend (Saturday) otherwise Monday the latest :D

I'm really enjoying it, the front brakes are really sharp as well, took me a while to get use to. Although I normally use the back brakes and if I must the front as they are soo sharp that I doubt trying to do a stoppie will be a problem. Hydraulic front brakes.

Spoiler (show)
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

PsyCLown, Interesting. Thanks for that, I will have to make sure what model it is and see if I'm mistaken or someone doesn't know what they're talking about. Either way though, for R15k it seems a bit steep then. Thanks again. :wink:
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Synthesis wrote:PsyCLown, Interesting. Thanks for that, I will have to make sure what model it is and see if I'm mistaken or someone doesn't know what they're talking about. Either way though, for R15k it seems a bit steep then. Thanks again. :wink:
hehe, the people who I purchased my CBR from also said it was a 2007 model. They got it 2nd hand, it was a demo model apparently.
They were lead to believe it was a 2007 model as their receipt said it was a 2007 model.
Yet the license papers even said it was a 2006 model. lol

I was hoping that they were right and it was a 2007 model, did a bit of research, asked and so on.
Unfortunatly the Repsol was last made in the 2006 model. I think it was only 2005 and 2006 in which you can get the Repsol colour scheme.

The 2007 models and above are also Fuel Injected where the 2006 and below are not, soo, thats one of the main reasons I was hoping it really was a 2007. :(

I am still extremely happy with my CBR though :D

Spoiler (show)
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

Dude, congrats and take it easy on the roads... remember one thing: EVERY SINGLE cager is out to get you, so ride with that in mind and NEVER assume they know you are on the road.

Why not pop into Full Throttle, they have a huuuge range of everything, including gloves and also have a 'clearance store' where they sell older stock (i.e last seasons range) at really good prices. Not the friendliest bunch but they have everything.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

I have, got my Helmet from FT in Edenvale.
Took a look at the clearance store, well...

http://www.tankgirls.co.za/

I prefer them, Skinny may not keep everything in stock. Although she should be able to order almost anything for you and her advice and knowledge when it comes to ATGARR (All The Gear All The Time) is amazing ;)

I don't think FT stock RST and Richa do they? They MAY stock RST (just didnt see) although I doubt they stock Richa? :?

Anyways. I think Skinny will be able to and willing to mathc almost any price if you can get a confirmed quote as well. She may even be able to better it :)
If you are looking for some gear and arent in too much of a rush, drop by her shop ;) 8)

Spoiler (show)