What you just watched and thoughts on it

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
doom5003

Re: What you just watched and thoughts on it

Post by doom5003 »

What score would you give the movie out of 10?
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Busy watching .Hack//sign
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

doom5003 wrote:I have just finished claymore.
Does anyone know when and if there is gonna be a 2nd season?
Unlikely as they went a off a bit with the manga (didn't follow it towards the end) and theat kinda screws things up.
Some people died and some didnt where as in the manga some of thoes who may have died didnt die. I can't remember exactly how much it goes off and I have not started the manga yet.
Rayne wrote:Also finished it last night. #13 was the worst episode of season 1 by far. Average show.
Definatly was the worst. No action at all :| I still enjoyed the series none the less :D
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Well Kuro started off way better than Aka did.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

I'm somewhat perplexed as to how I managed to complete Rosario + Vampire. Every aspect about it was mediocre and bland, not bad, but not exceptional either. Something I usually won't endure for than 3 episodes.
Perhaps I should get the second season and find out how it kept me glued.

Moving on to a darker Mnemosyne and it's been entertaining so far. So far, the pace, characters and story are captivating enough.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Akikan! episode 1...

Not bad, nothing special... Seems alright :)

EDIT: Watched the 1st episode of Kurokami, seems interesting.
Never knew about the whole Doppelgangers concept and so on, I now want to get the 2003 version of the Doppelgangers movie, with eng subs as its in Japanese AFAIK?

EDIT2: Watched the 2nd episode of Akikan! Not bad, Akikan is something fun to watch :D
Next episode the action starts? :lol:
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Futs

Post by Futs »

ZeroS wrote:I'm somewhat perplexed as to how I managed to complete Rosario + Vampire. Every aspect about it was mediocre and bland, not bad, but not exceptional either. Something I usually won't endure for than 3 episodes.

Moving on to a darker Mnemosyne and it's been entertaining so far. So far, the pace, characters and story are captivating enough.

Funny, I started watching Rosario Vampire as the action scenes seemed ok compared to the rest of the story line. I got up to episode three and left it :P

As for Mnemosyne, before you know what she is, it's like this could actually have been something good. Then after the big reveal and angel hunting, it's like they rushed the anime towards it's end.

A series that I recently started was Shirugui, very violant but awesome drawing style, reminds me a lot of Basalisk. I only have 12 eps and it is quite entertaining.
Faltzer

Post by Faltzer »

Beyond the Clouds, wasn't a bad movie but I've seen better! :P
Live anime, eat anime, sleep anime... probably die from eating anime...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination!
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Futs wrote:
ZeroS wrote:I'm somewhat perplexed as to how I managed to complete Rosario + Vampire. Every aspect about it was mediocre and bland, not bad, but not exceptional either. Something I usually won't endure for than 3 episodes.

Funny, I started watching Rosario Vampire as the action scenes seemed ok compared to the rest of the story line. I got up to episode three and left it :P

As for Mnemosyne, before you know what she is, it's like this could actually have been something good. Then after the big reveal and angel hunting, it's like they rushed the anime towards it's end.

A series that I recently started was Shirugui, very violant but awesome drawing style, reminds me a lot of Basalisk. I only have 12 eps and it is quite entertaining.
Well, I've only seen 3 episodes of Mnemosyne and it's been viewable so far. Will see how it proceeds.

As for Shigurui, it's sheer brilliance! I loved every moment of it and fervidly hope they produce a second season.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
larch

Post by larch »

RideBack for the win need moooore!
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Watched Kurokami episode 2, I'm liking it :D hehe

Something nice and right now, interesting :D :P

I do how ever get a bit irritated with Keita at times. The end scene seemed a bit childish just before he got thrown onto the electrical box thingy...

None the less, I shall continue watching it :D Episodes are almost around the same size as some of the 720p TV series episodes (1.1GB on average, 40-45min long)...

Kurokami by Nuke is 450MB, 20-25min long and 720p as well... Although animation shouldn't require as much bandwidth, Nuke even soft subbed the karaoke and so on (ED karaoke at least, most likely the OP as well).

Soo, if its around double the length, double the size, 900MB... Not too far off? 200MB away from the average scene release size.
The quality of the RAW really is nice though, very clear around the edges on text and so on (well, from what I noticed at least).

EDIT: Watched episode 3 of Kurokami...
There definatly are parts which I don't like much and seem extremely lame and childish. I still like the anime series overall.
At the end, the bend with the cliff and the bars on the left and the mini "mountain thingy" on the right with the curving round around the bend scene...

It seems really popular?

I think Saikano had one, Shuffle, Shikabane hime may have had one...
Perhaps its a common thing in Japan or a popular place in Japan :P

Spoiler (show)
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I watched my first episode of Top gear last night, in the episode the guys had to drive their second hand cars at 30 mph over a long stretch of cobbled road, with a Tupperware container filled with water in their lap. They were charged not let a drop of water spill, sadly by the time the test was over each participant’s pants was soaking wet.

Funny stuff, it reminded me a lot Initial D where Takumi’s dad places a cup of water in cup holder and Takumi has to drive ( along the mountain pass) without spilling the water or damaging the Tofu.
The strange thing is I don’t really like cars (I do like Initial D though) but after watching one episode of Top gear I find myself looking forward to the next episode
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

Ahzure, Top Gear is the biggest, best car show in the world. You will love it.
to ápeiro anima
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Thanks, UrBaN
It was amazing, the chemistry between the presenters/host was real, they’re having fun and they did not come across being pretences.
I’ve heard that the guys from Top Gear will be in the country (South Africa) soon.

I’ve been watching three episodes of the Mentalist (on M-net) and so far I’m unable to make up my mind if it’s as good as the critics say it is.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

2 episodes of My Name Is Earl - was good and funny :D hehe

Episode 14 and 15 of To Aru Majutsu no Index. Rather interesting with the Angel Fall... Will watch episode 16 sometime soon, then episode 17 should be released Saturday/Sunday/Monday :D

Spoiler (show)
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Mnemosyne complete.

The series was quite entertaining, especially the way time was portrayed in such a malleable manner, not forgetting a captivating story and atmosphere, only to be marred by a short episode count and cramped ending. I hate it when that happens.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Akikan episode 3 :P

I rather enjoyed this episode, lol. It had some awesome kick bottom action filled scenes as well as some really romantic scene and daring ones too... Like first kiss scenes and so on... HECTIC!!

Not to mension they managed to fit in some funny scenes!! YAAY. lol

It was good, I liked it :D

Spoiler (show)
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Clannad is quite fun.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Clannad, omg mate get the tissues ready for season two. If you don't have it I'll give it to you.

January 30th 2009, the day moe died.

The first show to draw tears 2009. Well done.
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

Bolt - Excellent!
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

I watched Outlander this weekend.
This review is pretty good except he tends to make it sound more gripping then it was to me.
The basic plot is quite sound and for the first 40 minutes the movie is VERY gripping. It tends to go a little flat at the end of the middle act and the start of the third act but effects, gore and very tense action compensate for those not too engrossed in the intricacies of the story. A pity about that because it looked like the story had more to offer and was chopped up somewhat to fit in a bunch of set pieces. I realize this is now making the movie sound a little lame: it isn't Lord of the Rings, but it is definitely worth the price of the ticket. See it expecting to be entertained for about 95% of the time and you wont be disappointed.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Rayne wrote:Clannad, omg mate get the tissues ready for season two. If you don't have it I'll give it to you.
Yeah, I was actually surprised to learn there was a season II. This looks to be one of those better than average shows. I especially like the way they manage to effectively fuse the humor with the serious moments.
Rayne wrote:January 30th 2009, the day moe died.
Colour me puzzled.
I hope it's not a spoiler, else I'll clobber you. :wink:
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

In that case, not unless you Google it.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't spill a spoiler without caution, though moe died? January 30? lolicon?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

You won't get it now, fear not.

/ I don't watch rubbish like that.