Anime guide for noobs and where to get some

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
PsyCLown

Re: Anime guide for noobs and where to get some

Post by PsyCLown »

NealeDeadlyAlien wrote:
PsyCLown wrote:
NealeDeadlyAlien wrote:Thanks Psyclown....

I will give you a PM later.

You see this is where I got my episodes from.
http://www.animea.net/

as I am a premuim member there. However I will briefly explain the problem.
I got the episodes from 1-14 in Eng which is fine. Then i got from 15-25 in JP which is even better however this is where the problem is. From epi 26 the formats are MKV which I thought was fine. However when you play it, The audio goes like 3x faster than the actual video and worst of all is the audio is dubbed into Hamster voices which somewhat makes it unwatchable.

Also on the site from epi 33 onwards there are no links for them so that makes things even better.

Psy.. Could you PM and give me links to some of these places so I can give it a bash. It will be extremely depressing for me if I cannot complete the series.

I also managed to find a site where I can buy the complete Series however they have to import it from USA as UK does not have it. Problem is, the Dvd's are NTSC region which will not work here in the UK.
So I don't really want to fork out £35 for something that might not work.
Hmm, well what media player are you using and codec pack?
Give K-lite mega codec pack a try and then use Media Player Classic to play the MKV files (Media Player Classic comes standard with K-lite mega codec pack)
Also I normally goto the fansubbers site and get my stuff directly off there either via IRC, torrents or DDL or try get some RS links otherwise my last resort is normally checking isohunt or googling for a torrent or looking for an NZb to get it off the newsservers.
I see Oedipus have an IRC channel but it seems dead... They dont seem to have a website either...

I actually cant find anything for Blue Dragon :| Nothing complete... :-/
The thing is I am using Kodec pack with MP however still cannot get around it. Lol i don't bother try using torrents cause most of them don't have anymore peers/seeds so no point trying. The thing is with this site I use megaupload inwhich the download doesn't need seeds/peers to download. So basicly when downloading I get about 800kb when using Megaupload however torrents I will be lucky if I get 10kb.

Is there absolute nowwhere of obtaining these. I really wanna finish watching them.
Yeh, I know what you mean. But iv been rather lucky with torrents and getting rather ****** speeds, but they do eventually finish.
I know what MegaUpload is, I tried getting RS and MU links as well as torrents and NZBs and cant seem to find anything...
For NZBs this is what there is... Might be better than nothing?
Blue Dragon news indexer
Not sure which ISP you are with, but im sure a lot of the UK ISPs have decent free news servers. Otherwise perhaps just get a cheap premium usenet account if that consists of what you are looking for.

Ill keep and eye out as the anime seems ineteresting. My sister might like it. But otherwise perhaps try a LAN if there are any near to you or ask friends or try join a nice anime community forum and ask there or something similar.
Augur wrote:PsyClown, True, but it's free fast and first :D

I want my fix ASAP *grin* (I have nothing against the mirrors but if the original is free then why go to the middle man - unless you don't want to use a torrent that is)
Well, normally I dont get more than 384K speeds of the DB torrents where with others I can easily get upto 200K per torrent.
If I get it off RS I normally get full 400K or if I get it off usenet then I can get it locally and if cached at a possible full 400K ;) :P

It really depends on the person?
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Augur

Post by Augur »

:D I only have a 384 line so I guess I wouldn't be able to tell. I usually get just over my max line speed which is pretty good in my book!

(Rage at Telkom moment...... :twisted: )

*sigh*

BLEACH TOMORROW!!!
NealeDeadlyAlien
Registered Bush Snake Facehugger

Post by NealeDeadlyAlien »

@Psyclown:

Cheers Psyclown for that....
While I am with Virgin internet 8mbs connection and downloaded Blue Dragon epi 26 yesterday and took nearly 6 hours and guess what... It was in JP and Subs were in bloody spanish...
To be honest I just came to a conclusion. I will buy the complete series and hope for the best consider it is only £34 however it isn't PAL so I am gonna have to find some sort of way to bypass that.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

NealeDeadlyAlien wrote:@Psyclown:

Cheers Psyclown for that....
While I am with Virgin internet 8mbs connection and downloaded Blue Dragon epi 26 yesterday and took nearly 6 hours and guess what... It was in JP and Subs were in bloody spanish...
To be honest I just came to a conclusion. I will buy the complete series and hope for the best consider it is only £34 however it isn't PAL so I am gonna have to find some sort of way to bypass that.
Dont you normally have like 5 changes of reigion on your DVD Writers?
Then just change it to the correct reigion for the DVDs, then rip them, then change your writer back to your current reigion? :P
Iv never really had any problems or experiances with other reigion DVDs, soo not sure how everything works with them.etc
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
NealeDeadlyAlien
Registered Bush Snake Facehugger

Post by NealeDeadlyAlien »

Lol I am back again :lol:

Can anyone point me into the right direction to get Medabots season 3 aka Medarot Damashii (it was renamed)

I cannot seem to find that one anywhere.

Btw I bought Blue Dragon complete series but still haven't received it :evil: been about 2 weeks now.

Anyways if anyone can find some sort of info for me on Medarot Damashii I will be greatly appreciated.
*Why is it every anime I wanna watch they either A) bloody hard to find or B) They cut the series half way through.
Bleh!
the new guy

Post by the new guy »

hey guys do u people know how i can register for newshost.za.net? coz i have no clue, if i need to be invited please invite me my email address is mo.yusufparker@gmail.com
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

the new guy wrote:hey guys do u people know how i can register for newshost.za.net? coz i have no clue, if i need to be invited please invite me my email address is mo.yusufparker@gmail.com
LOL... No, we arent giving out invites anymore ;) People cant register for free. The only way to become a user is to
Although since SAIX have a new server (They have 2 now), we might open up for a few more users.

Umm, well, I dont really know you, you are a new user here and all. Soo, yeh :P

Although if you want anime NZBs (They will work on the local news servers). Check out http://www.animeusenet.org/ . They have a nice bot which updates every 15 - 60 min ;)

Once I get a nice int server ill start posting a lot of new anime to news groups as a lot of people are really slow with certain releases :(

Spoiler (show)
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Wait. Is this locally hosted?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Is what hosted locally? Newshost is a local site that is used to index NZBs (the users upload the NZBs) and it shows the cached status of the NZB.

We have 3 locla News Servers for ADSL users, all of which are free.
IS - news.is.co.za (port 119)
SAIX 1 - news.saix.net (port 119)
SAIX 2 (brand new) news2.saix.net (port 119)

IS allows 5 connections, then SAIX allows 2, combined. Soo, you can either have 2 connections to server one or 2 connections to server two or 1 connection to server 1 and one connection to server 2.

SAIX server 1 and server 2 do NOT share the same cache.

AnimeUsenet isnt hosted locally. Although if you need just get a 1GB prepaid account and use that to get your NZBs if you must then you can download them locally, or if you are a member on NH (NewsHost) just ask a member to get it for you or whatever :D

Spoiler (show)
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Whoa...

Okay, let me put this simplistically. Can I use local cap to download from newsgroups?
I've read up before on newsgroups, so I know that you need a secondary application like Grabit to be able to download from a newsgroup. Almost works like a torrent. Download nzb and open nzb in something like Grabit, connect to a server and download. Has my memory served me well?

Local cap is cheap, but, till now I haven't found a need for it.
Remember you're talking to techno dumb layman here.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

ZeroS wrote:Whoa...

Okay, let me put this simplistically. Can I use local cap to download from newsgroups?
I've read up before on newsgroups, so I know that you need a secondary application like Grabit to be able to download from a newsgroup. Almost works like a torrent. Download nzb and open nzb in something like Grabit, connect to a server and download. Has my memory served me well?

Local cap is cheap, but, till now I haven't found a need for it.
Remember you're talking to techno dumb layman here.
Yes, you can use local cap to download from news servers (our 3 news servers, the IS server and either of the 2 SAIX servers)

If you need some help PM me ;)

Spoiler (show)
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Expect to be pested like fleas to a dog. :mrgreen:
Jasonx

Post by Jasonx »

Can someone please invite me on bitfarm. I've been with telkom internet for 3 years now and every time I waste my 3gig cap and I can't get into bitfarm.http://forums.pcformat.co.za/viewtopic. ... &start=360#
rmjnaidoo@telkomsa.nethttp://forums.pcformat.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13333&hilit=torrent&start=360#
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Jasonx wrote:Can someone please invite me on bitfarm. I've been with telkom internet for 3 years now and every time I waste my 3gig cap and I can't get into bitfarm.http://forums.pcformat.co.za/viewtopic. ... &start=360#
rmjnaidoo@telkomsa.nethttp://forums.pcformat.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13333&hilit=torrent&start=360#
*sigh*

Now please tell me why someone would invite you to BF? Why should you be part of BF?
Firstly, your nobody really knows of you here. You have 1 post, also no sig or avvie which normally draws attention away from people/makes them seem like one hit wonders especially if you combine it with a single post or only a few posts. You joined up here today as well.

This is the anime section as well, not the invite me to bla bla bla ;)
Rather try build yourself a good reputation and then consider asking for an invite to whatever place you would like one for...
Although this place is definatly not a good one to ask for an invite on, especially asking for one on a public forum and not PMing a person.
If you do try and PM some and you end up irritating you, you may get banned from here ;)

Its also off topic.

Spoiler (show)
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Lambasting galore.