Nodame Cantabile Season 3 Announced

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Nodame Cantabile Season 3 Announced

Post by larch »

Animage magazine has announced that a 3rd season of the Nodame Cantabile is on its way. Broadcast is planned for for early 2009, this is really great news as I have really enjoyed both seasons of Nodame Cantabile. I can’t wait for the third season as I am currently watching the second season. And I can highly recommend this show to anyone especially if you are looking for something totally different in your Anime shows.
Megumi Noda, or “Nodame” is a piano student at Momogaoka College of Music. An extremely talented pianist who wants to be a kindergarten teacher, she prefers playing by ear rather than reading the music score. She is messy and disorganized, takes baths several days apart and loves to eat, sometimes stealing her friend’s lunchbox when it is filled with delicacies. Shinichi Chiaki is Momogaoka’s top student. Born into a musical family, he is talented in piano and violin and has secret ambitions to become a conductor. An arrogant multi-lingual perfectionist who lived abroad, in the music capitals of the world, as a young boy (namely in Prague), he is trapped in Japan because of his childhood phobia.
They meet by accident. Nodame quickly falls in love, but it takes much longer for Chiaki to even begin to appreciate Nodame’s unusual qualities. Their relationship causes them both to develop and grow. Along the way, they meet some crazy people (like Masumi, Mine, and Stresemann) and make lasting friendships. Because of Nodame, Chiaki gets the opportunity to lead a student orchestra and begins to have a broader appreciation of people’s musical abilities. Because of Chiaki, Nodame faces her fears and enters a piano competition. Opportunities open up as both begin taking risks, stretching themselves far more than they ever thought possible.