Utawarerumono OVA Trailer

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Utawarerumono OVA Trailer

Post by larch »

The new trailer for the upcoming Utawarerumono OVA series has been released today. The first OVA is scheduled for release on the 5th of June 2009, the release dates for the rest of the OVA’s haven’t been announced yet. I really enjoyed the TV series and I was pretty happy when I heard about the announcement, judging from the trailer and animation it will be the same team who worked on the original show. I only have one worry now, and that is it might turn into some mindless fanservice OVA series as hinted by the short two minute trailer. But here is hoping that I am wrong. If you don’t know the Utawarerumono series I can recommend watching it as it is a highly entertaining show. Here is a small plot synopsis from the TV series.

Hakuoro has lost his memory after succumbing to serious injuries; but thanks to a elderly woman and her granddaughter Eruruu, he is nursed back to health. His face is covered by a strange irremovable mask and he occasionally sees beastly visions. Eruruu now cares for him as he becomes accustomed to the village and its inhabitants who all bear strange ears (the women have tails too). Though these people venerate the forces of nature, desecration of an alter forces them to take drastic measures to preserve their lives from the wrath of Mutikapa-sama, guardian of the forest.
Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOId7gZMvk