Towbar on a citi

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
SBSP

Towbar on a citi

Post by SBSP »

I need one. But its damn expensive.

If i manage to get a hook from a scrap yard , i can get my dad to weld it on on bolt it on or what ever.

Some card already have a place where you can just bolt it on.

Doe you know if a citi is ready for this, cus ive heard sometimes you have to remove stuff from the chasis
then replace it with the to bar?

Lol i searched this exact words on google.

citi golf towbar

Look what came up on the first search!
http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en&cr ... rt=10&sa=N

Hehe!
SilverBack

Re: Towbar on a citi

Post by SilverBack »

Dude, do yourself a favour. Go to Steelite in Selby Jhb (on Booysens road). Just search in google for their info. I drive a imported car, dealers wanted to charge me R5000+ for a towbar cos they have to import it and fit it at their ridiculous rate!

Steelite manufacture towbars, its a manufature company but they will alos fit it for you. They custom make towbars for any car. R1750 for my car, that includes making the towbar, fitting etc, all incl. 4-5 hours for the job :wink: They must do a good job as I see plenty of steelite towbars on the road :wink:
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Hire A Programmer -|- Just Source Code Blog
WiK1d

Re: Towbar on a citi

Post by WiK1d »

Yeah, I'm with Silverback. If you want to take a little drive, there's a place here in Pretoria in Voortrekker Road, Autobar. They also make the towbars on site. My dad bought one of those Proton bakkies (oh dear) and there was no-one who even made towbars for them at the time. So my dad went there and they designed a new one, made it and the next day he went for fitting. Cost him like R1200 I think. Not bad at all.