Change 123

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Ahzure

Change 123

Post by Ahzure »

Title: Change 123
Mangaka: Iku Sakaguchi
Genre: Action, Ecchi, Martial Arts, Mature, School Life, Seinen

Kosukegawa, a high school student has just spent the last of his money trying too acquire an action figure from a vending machine. Somewhat disappointed he heads home when suddenly he hears a girl plead to left alone, he turns round to find that it is his classmate, the mousy Matoko Gettou who is pleading with a “low life” to be left alone. Kosukegawa decides to step in when this “low life” tries to force Matoko into his car (a F40) a glare from this person sends Kosukegawa running. With Kosukegawa gone Matoko is forced into a alley, where the guy proceeds to remove her glasses. Kosukegawa in the mean time has gathered his courage; he has drawn inspiration from his hero Kamen Raider and rushes back to the alley only to see Matoko deliver a kick to her assailant that knocks him (the assailant) out cold.
Kosukegawa is stunned by her display of martial arts; Matoko on the other hand does not remember anything after her glasses were removed.

Matoko begs Kosukegawa not tell a soul about what he saw; offering anything he wants (even her body) in return. She was surprised that he only wanted some change to try his luck at the vending machine.
A few days later Kosukegawa returns the favor by taking her to the beach (and returning her money). The day at the beach turns out to quite enjoyable for both of them, it’s then that Matoko revealed her secret; you see Matoko was raised by a single patent, her mother but when she was orphaned at the age of 5, three men stepped forward claiming her as their daughter. This triumvirate comprises of three men that are experts in all sorts of fighting skills, who started training her when she was 5 years old.
1. The first man is a legendary karate expert who killed a tiger with his bare hands.
2. The second man is a swordsman, tactician and firearms expert.
3. The third man happens to be a Grand Master of the Ancient Branch of Jujitsu, gaining the nickname “god of Submission”
So from age 5 they started training her to: fight with real swords; fire an anti tank rifle and how to subdue killer attack dogs and the training only intensified as the years passed. As a result, she has developed three distinct personalities, each individually skilled in the combat skills she learned. When she’s faced with danger (or when her glasses are removed) one of her personalities take charge of her body.

Unbeknownst to the pair, Matoko’s assailant from the other day has eavesdropped on their conversation, he plans to pick up where he left off the previous time and he has brought drugs (to disable Matoko) a gun and a sword to exact his revenge after he’s through violating Matoko….

A. Matoko Gettou is the protagonist of the series

B. Hibiki: An aggressive tomboy who is particularly skilled in karate. She is always looking for or instigating fights. She is also the most protective of Matoko.

C. Fujiko: Calm - almost to the point of appearing cold-blooded - and proficient in the use of weapons. She is also the most mature and adult-like of the three personalities.( She’s my favorite)

D. Mikiri: The child-like expert in grappling and submission moves.

E. Zero: If Hibiki", "Fujiko" and "Mikiri" are defeated/subdued or incapacitated Zero emerges. Where the others would choose the non-lethal method to defeat an opponent, Zero has no such constraints. She utilizes the skills of all three personalities.

HiFuMi ("Hibiki", "Fujiko" and "Mikiri") appears when Matoko's glasses come off. The three personalities are in constant communication with each other, but cannot communicate with Matoko.
Last edited by Ahzure on 17 Nov 2008, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
SoulBlade

Re: Change 123

Post by SoulBlade »

Reminds me of History Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

SoulBlade wrote:Reminds me of History Strongest Disciple Kenichi
My thoughts exactly
I really recommend this manga, unfortunately only 14 chapters have translated so far.
Just get a hold of the first chapter to see whether you’ll like or not.
Before I forget Change 123 is not suited for people under the age of 16 (female nudity)

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Awesome, read it all in an evening. For those wondering where to get it, read it online here http://www.onemanga.com/Change_123
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

Now comes the long wait for the release of the next chapter

PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Seems rather interesting...
Not too fond of the drawing style though...

The way Matoko Gettou is drawn reminds me a bit of how Aya Tojo from Ichigo 100% is drawn :P
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

PsyCLown wrote:Seems rather interesting...
If you haven’t read it yet, please just read the first chapter.
Please.

PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Ahzure wrote:
PsyCLown wrote:Seems rather interesting...
If you haven’t read it yet, please just read the first chapter.
Please.
No, but I skipped through it.
It looks rather good, maybe ill pick it up :)
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

I’ve just downloaded chapter 15, hope it’s not going to be a long wait before further chapters are translated and released