teh 'What's your OCD?' thread

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
americantsm1
Queen of the Damned

Post by americantsm1 »

if i am not preoccupied i also find myself counting ... like Elektra ... I coulnt my steps ... for no real reason I just do it unless I am talking or listening to music etc ...

Thats prolly y my ipod lives on my hip lol and y i never shut up
There comes a time for every vampire when the idea of eternity becomes momentarily unbearable. Living in the shadows, feeding in the darkness with only your own company to keep, rots into a solitary, hollow existence.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Like monty i over analyse every situation. Especially when it comes to girls.

i keep every receipt and atm print out. Then they live in wallet until its bursting.

i can't let go. Instances where friends have seemingly stopped being friends with me, i simply can't accept that they are gone, i have to, want to know why they don't want to be friends with me.
Koko_Lion

Post by Koko_Lion »

I don't like to drive other peoples cars, except my companys vehicles or if its absolutely necessary.
halo

Post by halo »

well my phone is always in my right pocket, but that's because what happened to me the one time i had it in my left pocket! (must tell you guys that story someday :) )

I always have my desk set in a particular way when i leave for campus in the morning, its weird... I put my keyboard and mouse in the same position, my notes and everything...
Koko_Lion

Post by Koko_Lion »

halo wrote:well my phone is always in my right pocket, but that's because what happened to me the one time i had it in my left pocket! (must tell you guys that story someday :) )

I always have my desk set in a particular way when i leave for campus in the morning, its weird... I put my keyboard and mouse in the same position, my notes and everything...
This cell in left pocket story has me interested now :D
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I cannot get into bed and sleep well if I don't do things in a particular order. I need to put my glass in the bathroom, go and plug my cell in the charger, switch on the lamp, organise my pillows (they have to be in the correct order and position), go and floss, brush teeth, take meds, then I may get into bed. If I forgot to do anything, it bugs me until I go and do it.

Benefit is - I am asleep a few mins after putting my head down on the pillow.

I have other things but won't bother you with them :blush:
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

I've got the same OCD as rusty... Did I lock my car... Freakin irritating. Central locking, that's why!!

And then I've got this nack to chuck everything I have on me into my jackets right pocket. Then it pulls down my jacket to the right and what happens? It looks like im some retarded dumbass that can't dress properly! haha!
halo

Post by halo »

Koko_Lion wrote: This cell in left pocket story has me interested now :D
okay, ill tell you now:

I had just moved to Durban for Botswana(i was 15, i think), and my mother took me to Essenwood market this one Saturday morning. She asked me to buy two bunches of roses, so she handed my the money and off i went to buy the flowers. I noticed these two girls that were selling roses so i walked up to them and asked for two bunches. when they handed me the flowers, i noticed that there were ten roses in each bunch, side note, the French and Egyptians believe giving an even number of roses is bad luck, so i took a rose out of each and gave each girl one.

I moved on and later that morning as we were leaving I noticed one of the girls stand in front of me( the hot one ! :) ). so i stop and spoke to her... after a few minutes i mustard up the courage to ask for her number ( first time i ever did that!) . she agreed and so i reached for my cell which was in my left pocket, so natural i reached for it with my left hand... As I pulled the phone out and started to type out her number, my left hand (holding the cell phone) started shaking like you couldn't believe! it shocked me more than her!

I just looked at my hand shaking and made a wise crack about how that hasn't happened before. i switched hands and got her number! ever since that day, my cell phone has always rested in my right pocket and I only ever use my right hand to type... well until i got my HTC!

Wow, thats alot of writting!
Koko_Lion

Post by Koko_Lion »

Shame, must of gone a bit red on the cheeks :D
halo

Post by halo »

Koko_Lion wrote:Shame, must of gone a bit red on the cheeks :D
not really, im rather cool under pressure, plus i can make fun of myself pretty easily, which seemed to have saved the situation!
Koko_Lion

Post by Koko_Lion »

Would love to know what she was thinking
halo

Post by halo »

Koko_Lion wrote:Would love to know what she was thinking
Hopefully something along the lines of " Dam fine looking guy!" and didnt notice it :)

but we went out, had a great time and are now great friends
Koko_Lion

Post by Koko_Lion »

Well, there's a happy ending :D
halo

Post by halo »

Koko_Lion wrote:Well, there's a happy ending :D

hahaha yup :)
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Pics of Japanese "Gravure Idols"

I must have them. :lol:

---

/b

I must look upon it!

---

When I go out of the house I have to have my cell in my right pocket as well as my handkerchief (when I have a runny nose or if I'm sick). My Lobello and wallet goes in my left pocket.

If either of said items are not where they should be I start looking for them.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

I too continuously check if I locked my car, seems that's a pretty common one. I'm also a bit of a grammar nazi.

My wallet always has to be in my left pocket and cell phone in my right, just feels wrong otherwise. :lol:

It also annoys me if small things aren't in order. For instance, when I'm driving my car and somebody has adjusted the air vents I have to stop and re-allign them so they're pointing forward properly. Dust on things also irritates me, I'm constantly cleaning my laptop screen and keyboard, and also the dashboard in my car.
Last edited by ryanrich on 03 Aug 2008, 05:31, edited 1 time in total.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

And my Vista sidebar gadgets have to be in the order I have them. But sometimes Vista decides on a different order for me, then I have to re-arrange them.

Clock
Calendar
App Launcher
Resource meter
HDD meter
Volume control
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I am the same that way, don't like someone moving my icons either. If I install a new prog/game - I go and put the shortcut where it should be. Same thing with toolbars in programs. Have to change a client's program to suite me before I can help them with any problems.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Samaya wrote:I hate it when the lights, TV and radio is on and no-one is listening, in the room watching or using the light to look at something. (I hope my wife reads this...)
This is my Brother with the T.V, irritates me.

And my OCD is i hate having that lite feel of sand on my room floor, or when someone talks to you but they are walking away from you to somewhere else. It's like wtf.

I like things in order and stuff being organized. Ok call me a perfectionist what you have ha :lol:
Tolklein

Post by Tolklein »

Design
Last edited by Tolklein on 17 Jan 2022, 14:17, edited 2 times in total.
PaperCut

Post by PaperCut »

Hi, my name is PaperCut, and I always maximise windows.

:oops:

LOL!

I dunno why, I just have to have full screen of everything. If I go to help a user and a window is not in full screen, I always Alt+Space+X (I've even learned the shortcut so they don't have enough time to say "Hey, what do you think you're doing?"

8)
/. Image /. Image /. Image /. Image /.
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

DarkRanger wrote:I've got the same OCD as rusty... Did I lock my car... Freakin irritating. Central locking, that's why!!

And then I've got this nack to chuck everything I have on me into my jackets right pocket. Then it pulls down my jacket to the right and what happens? It looks like im some retarded dumbass that can't dress properly! haha!
Dude omf i lol'ed so hard! I'm the same, end up walking like a zombie with a snapped spine! These days I balance them though..
to ápeiro anima
justinufo

Re: teh 'What's your OCD?' thread

Post by justinufo »

Washing my hands 100 times a day.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I have to keep moving - I cannot sit completely still. I bounce my leg when at the PC and have to fiddle with something if I am standing.

I too maximise windows - unless copying from one to the other.

And I have at least 4 windows open at any one time. I click submit in one and immediately move to the other - the go back to the first an close it. I hate too many tabs open.
Koko_Lion

Post by Koko_Lion »

Bushveld mad :D