Macross F (Frontier) First Impressions

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Shot.
endev8003

Post by endev8003 »

Are you going to watch the original Macross and Macross 7 series then, Rayne?

I was referring to them, not Macross F.
Three Sheets Dutong: That stuff tastes like vomit baked in a glaze of goat hair and garnished with a sprinkling of horse dung.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Nope. I'll read a bit here and there though.
Ahzure

Post by Ahzure »

AnimeNewsNetwork

Macross Frontier Volume 1 Ships 45,000 Blu-ray Discs
The Japanese anime distributor Bandai Visual has announced that it shipped 45,000 Blu-ray Discs and 55,000 DVDs for the first volume of the Macross Frontier science-fiction anime series on Friday. That marks the highest Blu-ray Disc pressing among all Bandai Entertainment releases, including the Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell movies. It is also the first television anime series to ship simultaneously on both disc formats in Japan.
I’ve never seen anime on Blu-ray, Live action yes but never anime. It must look pretty amazing.
I wonder how episodes of Macross Frontier have been released so far because everyone I know seems to like the series
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Like yeah sure but exceptional anime, it is not.
larch

Post by larch »

Ahzure wrote:
AnimeNewsNetwork

Macross Frontier Volume 1 Ships 45,000 Blu-ray Discs
The Japanese anime distributor Bandai Visual has announced that it shipped 45,000 Blu-ray Discs and 55,000 DVDs for the first volume of the Macross Frontier science-fiction anime series on Friday. That marks the highest Blu-ray Disc pressing among all Bandai Entertainment releases, including the Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell movies. It is also the first television anime series to ship simultaneously on both disc formats in Japan.
I’ve never seen anime on Blu-ray, Live action yes but never anime. It must look pretty amazing.
I wonder how episodes of Macross Frontier have been released so far because everyone I know seems to like the series
Because it is one of the best in the franchise so far.
Ahzure

Re: Macross F (Frontier) First Impressions

Post by Ahzure »

AnimeNewsNetwork

'Lion' is 4th Macross Frontier CD Single in Top 5

"Lion," the new opening theme song for the Macross Frontier anime series, has sold about 56,000 copies in its first week and thus reached #3 on Oricon's weekly chart for all CD singles. This means that all four Macross Frontier singles released so far have debuted at #5 or higher. In all, over 500,000 Macross Frontier CD singles have been sold. The Mainichi Shimbun paper's Mantan Web describes this as the start of a "new anime song boom" in Japan. "Lion" is a duet between May'n (May Nakabayashi) and Megumi Nakajima, who sing as the characters Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee, respectively. The single also includes the new ending theme "Northern Cross," as sung by May'n in her Sheryl Nome persona.
Again songs from this series reach the charts; I’m hoping to get a hold of the series once it ends.
Rules that an Evil Overlord must live by!

45. I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Frontier is getting really good now.
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
larch

Post by larch »

SoulBlade wrote:Frontier is getting really good now.
Yeah I full episode since episode 20 and no one has died yet.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Where can I get hold of fan subbed episodes? OR is it at a place we shall not speak of?
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Watched up to episode 9. I expected more. The fights are fast paced but well done. The characters themselves are an issue for me. I cant place the relationships between each other and most of them remain static towards each other. Does this get better over the coarse of the next few episodes?
My Steam Screenshots

Rayne

Post by Rayne »

This really wasn't all that good. All the singing got on my nerves and the animation at times was horrible. Even so however I do not regret watching it.
larch

Post by larch »

Rayne wrote:This really wasn't all that good. All the singing got on my nerves and the animation at times was horrible. Even so however I do not regret watching it.
LOL then most Robotech/Macross shows will get on your nerves *starts belting out a song* :D
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Well if all of them involve so much singing then I guess so. Something like Gundam 00's more to my liking.
larch

Post by larch »

Rayne wrote:Well if all of them involve so much singing then I guess so. Something like Gundam 00's more to my liking.
Well singing was always party of the macross/robotech methos since the start of the series all those years ago. And I dont really mind it that much the Macross OST`s are still some of my favourite OST`s.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Was good. I have always been a Robotech fan. The singing in the final battle was both annoying and entertaining. I still want a remake of the invid invasion series of Robotech.
My Steam Screenshots