the silent treatment

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Prime

the silent treatment

Post by Prime »

pls can somone xplain to me what girls hope to achieve by giving guys the silent treatment.

huullllloooooo we're guys and we generally dont take hints well. ???? :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

can somone xplain before i cross someone off my list of friends.

lately its just like she ignores me. in public i struggle to even get a hi out of her. but on the fone she sounds all cool with me and happy 2 talk. it really bugs me how she's acting and when ever i leave she sounds excited. ?????? :? :? :? :?

i hav no idea what i could hav don to upset her. she's been like this eva since she came back from a camp. she gradually stopped talking to me.

and its complicating my friendship with one of her friends whom im also friends with. and that friend says the other friend isnt angry with me.
Prime

Post by Prime »

and its extremely immature to give people the silent treatment and really irritating
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Instead of posting on an internet forum, perhaps you should try confronting her directly about this. What harm can it do?
human slave in an insect nation
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Leigh wrote:Instead of posting on an internet forum, perhaps you should try confronting her directly about this. What harm can it do?
What harm can it do
Well bro good luck with world war 3 there.I can only say doing it in person is not going to help you, rather give her a call and if she agrees see her in person.

From what I've read she might be a silent shy person...mabye thats why.There might be other reasons but I'll rather save you from the gritty details.
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
jee

Post by jee »

Leigh wrote:Instead of posting on an internet forum, perhaps you should try confronting her directly about this. What harm can it do?
Actually Leigh, the Ward came into being to do just that... help with difficult questions where people needed a bit of advise of likeminded sorts. :wink:
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

jee wrote:
Actually Leigh, the Ward came into being to do just that... help with difficult questions where people needed a bit of advise of likeminded sorts. :wink:
So doc watcha suggest????
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Oh sorry this be one for Jee.
jee

Post by jee »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Oh sorry this be one for Jee.
You have confidance in my advice? :wink:
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

jee wrote:
RuadRauFlessa wrote:Oh sorry this be one for Jee.
You have confidance in my advice? :wink:
depends on the advice :wink:
Law

Post by Law »

Whatever happened to the silence is golden????

:twisted: :twisted:

MAY THE CHEESE BE WITH YOU!
{PK} Law
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Give me the gold and I will show you the meaning of silent :wink:
Dr_Jung

Post by Dr_Jung »

da_ripper, what kind of a camp did this lady go to? A girl’s silent treatment can only be attributed to one thing, someone has said something to her about you, they have claimed that you have done something to disparage her, in other words "gossip" the root of all girls evil!
Since she is willing to chat to you on the phone tells me that the problem has come from elsewhere and when she is in public she feels that to show her peers that she is cool, she takes on this "aloof" attitude! You are going to have to have it out with her, face to face, ask a direct question not ambiguous, and force an answer that satisfies you.

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

I agree with the doc. It has to some person that spoke ill of you to her. Confront her about it. If she really cares about you and the friendship (or more) then she will tell you.

Cheers and good luck
gorak

Post by gorak »

I LUUUUUUV silent treatment.... can get some serious gaming done with no yapping in the house !!!!!!! :lol:
Even paranoid people have enemies !
Law

Post by Law »

Well Said Gorak.

MAY THE CHEESE BE WITH YOU!
{PK} Law
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

jee wrote:Actually Leigh, the Ward came into being to do just that... help with difficult questions where people needed a bit of advise of likeminded sorts. :wink:
Yes I know, and that was my advice.
human slave in an insect nation
Prime

some answers

Post by Prime »

thanks
Last edited by Prime on 26 Aug 2004, 23:33, edited 1 time in total.
Prime

some answers

Post by Prime »

thanks

i think i will ask her whats up.

we are friends through church. im was introduced to her by some of her firends who i am aslo friends with at a youth social.

we were friends and got along well till she went on a church camp. i wouldhave gone with but she goes to a public school and i dont, so our hols are different. then she gets back from camp and starts to ignore me. and a whole lot of my friends some of whom she was also friends with.

she says less and less to me each week. she sound happy to talk sometimes over the phone but othertimes she seems cold.

i say hi when i see her she says hi and walks right past. i sya goodbye and i mite get a hug. mite becomuing less and less often. even one of her school firends amits she acting strangely.