Offroad Bikes anyone into it used to ?

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

Hey I had my first crash!

In Middelburg place known as die gat. About everyone in Middelburg who has a dirt machine rides there.
Now i dont even know if you are allowed to ride there. So there came a guy in Mine bakkie with roof lights and stuff
and thought he was funny by acting like a cop by putting on his siren sounding like a cop.

So I quickly got onto my bike trying to get away by riding into the bush with the bike on my way to the other side of 'Die Gat" where
cars cant go, with the idea to mess around there and if approached by cops then just say i didn know i was not allowed to and didn hear a siren or
what ever.

But anyway as my brothers was loading my quad onto my younger brothers corsa bakkie i left off.
The grass was longish and you can see anything on the ground so i hit an old chpped off tree, nearly fell off with the momentum trying to keep
balance i hit another old burnt down log, hurt my knee a bit got blue ribs and my shoulder is a bit stiff.

When i got up i realised the gear lever got bent backward, Felt good to be able to stand up and walk :-)
If i wasnt wearing moto boots i think i woulive seriously injured my toes and foot.

Nextime if someone asks what is bet to buy firs when buying kit, a helmet and boots then some knee guards.
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

Nice One SBSP... Glad you van still walk thouhg...

And what about your bike now?? Can you still ride??
Don't Click me
Forum Points:10018000
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

Kennyisalive wrote:Nice One SBSP... Glad you van still walk thouhg...

And what about your bike now?? Can you still ride??
At first when i hit the chopped off tree the gear lever bent backwards almost 180 degrees the foot pedals can fold in by spring probably incase of something like this. it was bent so badly that it folded the pedal backwards, but ucly for me there was an old toppie who had a spanner to remove it so we bent it back again i could still ride again with minor efford when i got home i fixed it with a hammer., I ve ordered another one incase it happens again.

Its impressive how these guys design bikes with experiance.
Those gear levers are made from a softish type of puter steal. that bends easily.

If it had to be a no name brand china bike it probably would've damaged the the shaft going into the gearbox and mess up the engine.

and amazingly the plastics arn't damaged on the sides
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

Is it not acward to ride in a MX jersey ?
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

Hello.

I removed the light and replaced it with the american model's number board and stuck a few stickers. :lol:

I have a problem though.
and a dumb question to ask.

If remove the front wheel and take out the back seats in my golfie.
Do you think i will fit it in there ? :lol:

I really nead to get my bike to pretoria and i dont know any one that has a bakkie
except my brother but he's bakkie is in for repairs.

Edit:

And i dont think its allowed to lay on its side, its a 4 stroke so it has an oil sump.
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

No I don't think it will fit.

It is amazing how you can stand and look at the boot space and then look at the bike and think, 'yeah it'll go in..'
But when you try it is no where near.
Usually the height of the bike the problem. The bars are much higher than you realise.

You can lie a bike on it's side, just make sure the gear lever isn't moving around while its lying there (ie. forcing gears to change). Obviously lying it over is no the best solution but it is fine for a quick trip somewhere.

If you do try to get it to fit and you remove the front wheel. Be very careful not to pull the front brake lever with the wheel not there. The pads will close and it can be a real pain to get them open again.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

Thanks never thought about the the front break thing.

Will the gears brak if moved around ?

LOL cus last weekend when i was about to be riding the gear was in sixth i kept pulling it up from sixth to try and get it into neutral as dumb as i can sometimes be i thought it was in 1st.

I thought with the fall i had and the gear lever being bent and all i damaged the shaft going into the casing so i took a plastic hammer and smacked it
cus it looked a bit scew after a half an hour i realised i'm being an idiot.

Hope i havnt damaged anything smacking it with the hammer :?
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

SBSP wrote:Thanks never thought about the the front break thing.

Will the gears brak if moved around ?

LOL cus last weekend when i was about to be riding the gear was in sixth i kept pulling it up from sixth to try and get it into neutral as dumb as i can sometimes be i thought it was in 1st.

I thought with the fall i had and the gear lever being bent and all i damaged the shaft going into the casing so i took a plastic hammer and smacked it
cus it looked a bit scew after a half an hour i realised i'm being an idiot.

Hope i havnt damaged anything smacking it with the hammer :?
]
You wont damage somrthing that easy. Dont warry...

Why do you need your Bike in PTA??
Don't Click me
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

I stay in PTA and mostly ride in middelburg.

the weekend of the 29 think somewhere in PTA north the will be a weekend run on some track arranged by the college my friends go to.

My friends dad has a big trailor pulling it with on of those 4.5L jeep SUV's
so if i can get it here i'm sorted.

They will all be taking their quads and bikes.
I can hire a quad, but screw that, I want my bike.

I'm thinking of buying a trailer. But its so damn expensive plus i still then need a tow bar.
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

SBSP wrote:I stay in PTA and mostly ride in middelburg.

the weekend of the 29 think somewhere in PTA north the will be a weekend run on some track arranged by the college my friends go to.

My friends dad has a big trailor pulling it with on of those 4.5L jeep SUV's
so if i can get it here i'm sorted.

They will all be taking their quads and bikes.
I can hire a quad, but screw that, I want my bike.

I'm thinking of buying a trailer. But its so damn expensive plus i still then need a tow bar.
OK....

Where is you bike at the moment??
Don't Click me
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

Its in Middelburg whre my parants stay about and 1 and half hour from PTA
george1

Offroad Bikes anyone into it used to ?

Post by george1 »

Guess What George - youve just been banned
-Anthropoid