I survived a hijack/robbery~

Motoring and transportation related discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Keigo

I survived a hijack/robbery~

Post by Keigo »

Hi, people, I just survived a hijack/robbery~ :twisted:

anyway, today sometime around 6, I was going to a friends house for supper, on the way I stopped on a robot.

a silver ford pickup bump me, so I came out and the driver came out, he was nice and stuff, even have an LV wallet... I was like... WTF...

he ask me for pen and paper and write down his drivers detail, I went back my car took my camera and trying to take some photo of the dudes car reg.

suddenly there was 2 dude came out the vehicle came by, and one of them pulled out a pistol. I was like slide out between them and ran off.

but one dude grab hold of me, and I still try to ran away. finally... I struggled take off my shirt and ran off half naked. =O=

they see me ran off and drove away my car... =_=凸 finger to these SoB!! but at least they didn't give me a bullet at the back!!

and there is some nice old couple saw what happen, they stopped and took me to the police station. they are really nice people!!! they even went back to take bring back my shirt on the road. I was like, WoW.

on the way... I called my tracking people, they ask you tons of question to activate the unit... finally they found my car after 1hr while I was in the police station taking statement and trying to get hold a case number.

anyway, was trying to let you all know!! if some nice looking pickup bump into you slowly...

just drive man... just drive, don't stop and just go report as a hit and run (he hit you run) is much safer!!

8)
DAE_JA_VOO

Re: I survived a hijack/robbery~

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

WHOA!!!! Hectic stuff man!!!

Glad you're okay at least, and that you've got your car back! Must have been an intense experience, however traumatic it was.

Again, glad you didn't get hurt :D

I think i should get myself one of these tracking units...
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Keigo

Post by Keigo »

:D yeah~ I am glad everything is fine so far... hope I can get my car back from the police impound on monday.

I just got some bruise from them trying to catch me~

car is not important, I still got insurance. so they will figure it out for me if the car really gone like last time...

yeah, you should, I think is quite necessary in south africa to have insurance for most of your valuable possession and tracking unit for your transport.

your screwed if there is no transport to go to work... :(
Prime

Post by Prime »

Jeesh Dude! Glad you are ok. :shock: Did you by any chance get a pic of them to show the police or is your phone gone?
Keigo

Post by Keigo »

guess what, the funny thing is that... when the driver and I came out~

we start getting each others info...

meanwhile I went back my car and get the camera and trying to take a photo of his drivers, id and car reg.

suddenly the two man jump out with pistol and try to grab me.

and I try to run and run the middle of the road and they see there are cars slowing down and look whats going on.

so one black guy shouted let go the camera and I let go the camera and they drove off with my car... :|

I guess maybe is bcoz I let go the camera, so I don't have their picture and stuff... so they let me live.

but I heard similar things like this, same like what happen to me, but they kidnapped you and force you go back home, and slowly rob you with extreme force.

luckily there isn't someone next to me at that time, if so... now I am properly tied up or shot dead some where. :(
Prime

Post by Prime »

Keigo wrote:guess what, the funny thing is that... when the driver and I came out~

we start getting each others info...

meanwhile I went back my car and get the camera and trying to take a photo of his drivers, id and car reg.

suddenly the two man jump out with pistol and try to grab me.

and I try to run and run the middle of the road and they see there are cars slowing down and look whats going on.

so one black guy shouted let go the camera and I let go the camera and they drove off with my car... :|

I guess maybe is bcoz I let go the camera, so I don't have their picture and stuff... so they let me live.

but I heard similar things like this, same like what happen to me, but they kidnapped you and force you go back home, and slowly rob you with extreme force.

luckily there isn't someone next to me at that time, if so... now I am properly tied up or shot dead some where. :(
You may have a point there. (there isn't an emoticon that describes my experession)
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Keigo wrote:yeah, you should, I think is quite necessary in south africa to have insurance for most of your valuable possession and tracking unit for your transport.

your screwed if there is no transport to go to work... :(
I think you may have misunderstood me ;)

I do have insurance, but not a tracker.

Not having insurance, especially in SA, is just plain stupid.
Keigo

Post by Keigo »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Not having insurance, especially in SA, is just plain stupid.
:lol: 100% true on that~
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

Glad you're OK man. You shouldn't have tried to run, just given them everything they wanted and they would have let you go. I would have given them the keys, not made eye contact, given them the phone as well. The best thing to do in this country is just given them what they want and not ask questions.

What car were you driving (IIRC you had a merc)? You said a black guy shouted at you (sorry to bring race into this), was there whites with them?

Maybe running was a good idea, we'll never know. The only thing that matters is you're OK.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Wow Keigo - that is definitely awful. I am so glad that you are ok. Perhaps you were right in running - you might have been worse off staying with them. I guess you have to judge the situation and act accordingly. Hex_Rated, is also right - generally it is best not to provoke them.

But I am really glad you are still with us.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Tribble wrote: But I am really glad you are still with us.

+1
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Yes, glad your ok bru. Getting the car back's a bonus.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

If they force you to drive home, then put on your seat belt, and ram into a police station.

Hopefuly, they get killed, and if not, the police arrest them.

Afterwards, you say that you blacked out.

Just a theory. I can't even drive yet, so I'm far away from ever having to think about being in that kind of situation.
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
Keigo

Post by Keigo »

Thanks guys~ just give you all guys heads up if something similar happen to you~ just drive~
Hex_Rated wrote:What car were you driving (IIRC you had a merc)? You said a black guy shouted at you (sorry to bring race into this), was there whites with them?
yeah, I drive a merc~ but nothing fancy, just these normal entry level ones~ and sorry to say this, 3 of them are all blacks.

well, I got held up and and get robbed before, so I will rather run and get hurt rather than I been force to take them back to my home and get my family in danger.

now I just hope I can get my car back simply and go back to the dealership and repair whats been damaged, also replace keys and stuff. :( I hate this procedures...

and I heard my car is going to benoni... they say the car will get separated in there~ =O= now... I feel more crap than get robbed...
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Hex_Rated wrote:Glad you're OK man. You shouldn't have tried to run, just given them everything they wanted and they would have let you go.
That is not necessarily true. Sometimes they'll take all your stuff and then STILL not let you go.

DarkStar wrote:If they force you to drive home, then put on your seat belt, and ram into a police station.
Yeah. If i ever get hijacked like that where i have to drive, i'll drive my car into the side of a frikken building or something.
Keigo

Post by Keigo »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
DarkStar wrote:If they force you to drive home, then put on your seat belt, and ram into a police station.
Yeah. If i ever get hijacked like that where i have to drive, i'll drive my car into the side of a frikken building or something.
I will drive into a wall, if necessary that happens, and guess what, the police station is like 750m+- away from where this happened.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

wow :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sheesh, hectic!!! Just glad you are alright!!!
Thats all that really matter in a situation like that. Like you said you have insurance which helps...even if you dont its better to have lost your cars and phone,camera.etc then have lost your life ;)
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Keigo

Post by Keigo »

lol~ true~

I fetch my car today, still in one piece... but the bumper has dent and marks... ~"~

did the police clearance today... only took 5min to do the check~ damn amazing~ =O=

phoned my car dealership... my service agent she say I am the only one she know who get robbed/hijacked so often~ =O=