Spring Meetup Aftermath

Japanese toons and movies - You gotta love 'em!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
larch

Spring Meetup Aftermath

Post by larch »

Well the 6th of September spring meetup has come and gone and was a success like always. Around 25 people attended the spring meetup with the most of them being new faces from all the different forums. But having said that some of the regulars also made a appearance, not to mention the fact that we were overrun by bitfarm members. A local torrent website.

And as always the people brought there handheld consoles along but this time it seemed that more people bought there PSP’s along. The previous meetups the DS was the popular handheld of choice but that trend seems to have changed a bit, as people enjoyed some multiplayer mayhem on there PSP’s.

There was loads of new faces at the meetup, many more than any of the previous ones which isn’t really a bad thing as you get to meet and talk to people who share the same interests and hobbies as you do. Only bad thing is I needed to remember all the new people’s names which I promptly forgot again.

The food was good as always, and because I organized it a bit better than the previous meetups the service we got from the waiters was much better than the other meetups. I also think it has to do with the fact that this time around we were a much smaller group than before.

And of course the ever popular “paper on table with multi colored crayons” which kept people entertained for hours on end while talking crap and waiting for there food to arrive. Unfortunately some people just lack that artistic flare and should rather leave it to the professionals. LOL!

When all is said and done I think the people who attended had a blast, and they got a chance to meet the faces behind the names on the forums, while enjoying some good food and drink. Hopefully I will get a chance to host another one before the end of the year.

And yes the images are really crappy because I ****ed around with my digital camera before the meetup, and yes I humbly apologies for my screw-up. You can find more craptastic images here:http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/ ... ff/Meetup/ And finally I would like to say thanks to everyone who showed up on a Saturday evening to take part in this event thanks guys.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: Spring Meetup Aftermath

Post by hamin_aus »

Looks like fun.

But why bring your hand held games to a meet?
Sitting in company and playing your PSP sounds even more retarded than sitting amongst a group of people having a conversation and talking to some assclown on mxit.

Other than that, well done!
larch

Post by larch »

jamin_za wrote:Looks like fun.

But why bring your hand held games to a meet?
Sitting in company and playing your PSP sounds even more retarded than sitting amongst a group of people having a conversation and talking to some assclown on mxit.

Other than that, well done!
Not really its loads of fun having a couple of quick games before your food arrives and they did not play all the time. I think we played about 45 minutes out of the 4 hours.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Was a pretty cool meet! :D
My first time going to an anime meet actually xD
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
larch

Post by larch »

STRONG MAN POSE` !
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

larch wrote:STRONG MAN POSE` !
LOL! Yeh.

Teh all mighty Larch! :P J/K :lol: :lol:

Spoiler (show)