E-commerce advice please

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
Synthesis

E-commerce advice please

Post by Synthesis »

Ok, I've never done an e-commerce site before. I'm helping a friend setup something quick. I've registered with elitehost to be able to use their open-source e-commerce packages with either zen-cart or magento.

As far as a payment gateway goes, I'm a bit stuck. What is the best to use. Elitehost recommended payfast but I don't like the idea that they take 5% on credit card purchases and 2% on EFT etc... It makes it difficult to adjust pricing this way. Is there something better and easy to setup that has straight monthly costs or similar.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Re: E-commerce advice please

Post by GreyWolf »

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Thanks, still waiting for how the fees work but through them I found another option: www.setcom.co.za They seem good. R199 per month and a standard transaction fee of R1.50 per transaction.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Paygate has their price list downloadable from the site.

I have used them before and have had no complaints from the customer.

They are also innovative, they have come up with a system for online purchases using debit cards, for example.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken