Web development JOB & QUALIFICATIONS

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
DeadZebra

Web development JOB & QUALIFICATIONS

Post by DeadZebra »

What would be the best way to go about looking for a web development job and what qualifications would you need.

by the way im in east london
RuadRauFlessa

Re: Web development JOB & QUALIFICATIONS

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Hi Zebra,

Firstly allow me, on behalf of the forum Administrators/Moderators to welcome you to the PCF Forums.

Regarding your question I believe that the needs of every person is unique and there is no real right way to go. I have seen people with next to no qualifications get positions and such. Also are you currently studying anything in particular which we might be able to use as a base to suggest something? Also are you talking about just doing HTML or are you looking at server side technologies such as PHP, ASP, JSP?
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
DeadZebra

Post by DeadZebra »

Sorry i dont know if i forgot to put the subject in my last topic or something but for some reason it didnt get approved. Anyway what mentioned in the previous topic i tried to post was that i have gone about teaching myself PHP (still trying to get into OOP but do know procedural PHP and have been using it for a year now), CSS (i can slice photoshop designs and convert it into HTML & CSS markup), HTML and i am busy trying to teach myself javascript at the moment.

i watch online at killersites.com and lynda.com and sometimes buy the videos. I also just read around on simple topics and tutorials and use nettut as well.

anyway would really like to be pointed in the right direction as far as becoming an apprentice developer in east london is concerned.

Woops forgot to mention mysql
Last edited by DeadZebra on 28 Mar 2011, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
DeadZebra

Post by DeadZebra »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Hi Zebra,

Firstly allow me, on behalf of the forum Administrators/Moderators to welcome you to the PCF Forums.

Regarding your question I believe that the needs of every person is unique and there is no real right way to go. I have seen people with next to no qualifications get positions and such. Also are you currently studying anything in particular which we might be able to use as a base to suggest something? Also are you talking about just doing HTML or are you looking at server side technologies such as PHP, ASP, JSP?
i am basically going from top to bottom of web development but i am teaching myself from online resources but i am mainly looking at knowing at least one server side language as best as i can which is PHP and one client side language as best as i can which is JavaScript and then obviously HTML and CSS.

but living in east london i don't even know if there is any company willing to take me in so i can learn from more experienced guys. I really really love web development and its the only thing I've ever wanted to do.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

Well i started working with half my National Diploma and no exp. as a junior web developer. taught myself php programming from the w3cshools website.

I now have my national diploma in IT.

My friend started out with nothing so you can start out with nothing. problem is you have to find a company willing to take you on.

but also one that is not going to exploit you.
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page