Posting Guidelines!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself over here!
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Posting Guidelines!

Post by Anakha56 »

Posting Guidelines
  1. Please read the Forum Rules BEFORE making your first post.
  2. Use common sense. This is a place where normal people have gathered to communicate with each other in a sensible way. Most people don't like excessive language, rudeness and so on.
  3. Remember those with slow connections. Some users are still using a 56K internet connection, if there are large images posted in the forum it will take them some time to view the page. Please have consideration when posting large images and having large images as signatures.
  4. Avatar limitations. Avatars have been limited to a maximum size of 160x120 (pixels) and a file size limit of 16KiB.

How do I show my Avatar?

Once you have logged in, go to the User Control Panel, select the Profile tab, and then click on Edit Avatar. You'll see two options for uploading an avatar: uploading one from your machine, or uploading one from a URL.

Upload avatar from your machine:
This option allows you to upload an image that is currently saved on your PC. Select Browse to browse your PC for the mentioned picture. Once you have found your picture on your PC, select it and hit the Open button. If your picture does not meet the requirements you will get an error message stating so. Look at point no. 4 to see the requirements.

Upload avatar from a URL:
This option allows you to upload an image from another website. To see the URL of an image, right-click on the image and select properties. Put that URL address in to the text box next to this option and the image will be uploaded. Note that the avatar requirements also apply to avatars uploaded in this manner.

How do I insert a picture in my signature?

In order to insert a picture in your signature you will have to have the image hosted on another server somewhere on the net. There are a few websites that offer free hosting. Upload your required picture to the relevant web space and get the URL of the image. In the Signature option under your profile you will have to use BBCode to insert the picture.

In the text box type:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.yoursighost.tld/yourimage.gif[/img]

The URL provided must be changed to the URL of your image.

Maximum signature specs
Size: 450x150 (pixels)
Weight: 25KiB

Once finished with your signature, scroll down and select Submit. You now have a picture in your signature. Remember to make sure that your picture isn't too large as it will slow down the loading of the page for people with slower internet connections.
Last edited by Stuart on 01 Dec 2009, 21:39, edited 2 times in total.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.