Moderator applications

Got a suggestion for the board? Post it in here.
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Moderator applications

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Hi all

Right, the new look is here and now its time for some more moderators so apply here.

I need to know what you would like to mod and you can also state why. If you do not want this to be public you are more than welcome to PM me. I am sorry but if you are not a regular of this site your application will not be taken into consideration. I think the reasoning is pretty self explanatory.

This time round I will also be asking present moderators for their input and we will take it from there.

Applications will close on the 13/10/2004

Cheers

Cameron

PS. I know that some of you have already applied for some sections, please reapply so that I know that you are still interested.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Moderator position: The Locker Room

I would like to apply to be mod of the Locker Room. As you all know I was one of the members pushing for that to be instated.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

Well, as i have said in the past i would love to moderate the Skidmarks section, and i would like to do so with Wit_Skapie, my reasoning is that it was myself and Wit_Skapie that were instrumental in getting that secton to be created, and since then i have really been wanting to mod that section (and only that section), i have an adequete knowledge of cars and am very enthusiastic about all things car related, and i am a regular on the site.

if i may nominate other people it would be

Envinyatar for Locker Room
Ruad for Programming
and Leigh for Graphic Design

Thanks
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

My nominations :

Envin for locker room

Scarlet_Spider and Wit_skapie for skidmarks

Ruad for Programming

Leigh for Graphic Design

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Great, keep them coming in.

Also, as Scarlet_Spider has done you may nominate a member.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Cameron Losco wrote:Great, keep them coming in.

Also, as Scarlet_Spider has done you may nominate a member.
In that case...

Scarlet_Spider for Skidmarks (not Locker Room, soz Scarlet :wink: )
wit_skapie for Skidmarks & Locker Room
Leigh for Graphic Design
Last edited by Tel on 07 Oct 2004, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
jee

Post by jee »

Scarlet and Iceblade for skidmarks
Evin and wit_skapie for the lockerroom (and jee too as the mascott :) )
maxxis and Narkath for Graphics
Ruad for programming
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

As I have said since the begining of time, I would like to moderate the Skidmarks section, as I believe that it one of the most interesting sections of the site (when people DO post).

As for the nominations, they are as follows:

Evinyatar for Locker Room

Scarlet_Spider for Skidmarks

Leigh/Narkath for Graphics Design

Over & Out...
AMD 2800+ 1280mb DDR 400 200GB SATA 128mb Leadtek 6800 Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers
// 3D2k3= 11238
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Well i would like to nominate the ffg ppl, since i believe they have the mod qualities and the knowledge for the section:

Envinyatar, he takes alot of iniative in making the site work and puts alot of effort into the things he does. Locker room

Rua, smart and mature enough to be given the position. Programming, software, general, Chill-out/Relax

neon chameleon, know him personally and feel that he's intelligent & funny enough to mod. Software, Chillout/Relax

Artagra, provided he comes here often enough, he's always able to give advice on anything hardware-related. Hardware, General, Cooling, Modding
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
jee

Post by jee »

Fish, I agree with you, Artagra has a lot of knowledge... but the chameleon? ehe... he changes colours too often :)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
dammod

Post by dammod »

jee wrote:...but the chameleon? ehe... he changes colours too often :)
LOL :lol: :lol: ...no pun intended eh? :sarcasm:
Last edited by dammod on 07 Oct 2004, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

fishy wrote:neon chameleon, know him personally and feel that he's intelligent & funny enough to mod. Software, Chillout/Relax
Thanks fishy, I appreciate that. Now to think of something funny to say. Hmm...
fishy wrote:Envinyatar, he takes alot of iniative in making the site work and puts alot of effort into the things he does. Locker room

Rua, smart and mature enough to be given the position. Programming, software, general, Chill-out/Relax

Artagra, provided he comes here often enough, he's always able to give advice on anything hardware-related. Hardware, General, Cooling, Modding
Yeah, I agree with Fishy. Envinyatar and Rua, Artagra would make great mods for these. Fishy aren't you still going to mod the hardware, or is this topic only for new moderators?

Oh yeah, Leigh for Graphic Design (fairly obvious)
jee wrote:Fish, I agree with you, Artagra has a lot of knowledge... but the chameleon? ehe... he changes colours too often :)
Changing colours adds versatility. Jee, if I do add some comment arbitarily, then add least it's a funny, to make life more interesting. :)

I'd really like to mod those sections fishy mentioned. I'd also like there perhaps to be a Movies/TV Series section, I like to be mod for that.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Thanks jee.

I would like to apply for moderator in graphic design. I am a graphic designer and will be doing my B.Tech next year. I have about 5 year experience in web design etc etc etc etc. I also feel that since I had a part to play in the graphic design section, it would be nice if I could moderate as well.

I would also nominate Leigh to help out there if she is interested.

Thanks Cameron

Cheers
vv3bcr3atur3

Post by vv3bcr3atur3 »

Myself and Azgard for Linux (I know Azgard is already a mod but I think he can be on that section also). Reason: we are the people that spend the most time there and there have been a few inapropriate posts there that failed to be modderated for a long time.

The Other OS section could also use a mod since there is not currently a mod there.
"If our ancestors stood still at fire for 10 more years the wheel would have be much rounder by now" - vv3b
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

I would like to apply for the position of moderator of the alien relations section. Seeing as I'm an alien and all... :wink:

Seriously though, I am available to mod software and programming sections or maybe general sections. I am an experienced programmer and I run my own computer company now.
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
simmy

Post by simmy »

Deng tis looking good!!! :mrgreen:

vv3bcr3atur3 = Linux

maxxis = Graph

Envinyatar = Locker

Raud/Y0da = Anywhere :wink:
Bio-Hazard

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Hey, if someone pays for a ADSL connection for me I'll mod anything you want. kidding. :oops:

Leigh for Graphic design

Envinyatar for Locker room

Since these don't have any mods yet that's all I have to say.

Edited: If we can get hold of that bloodninja dude, he should mod the ward. :lol:
bhangie

Post by bhangie »

Hi

I would like to apply for moderator for the OS section
Windows 2000/NT/XP

Bhangie :D
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

simmy wrote:Deng tis looking good!!! :mrgreen:

vv3bcr3atur3 = Linux

maxxis = Graph

Envinyatar = Locker

Raud/Y0da = Anywhere :wink:
sounds like a very decent selection, ruad and yoda definately need to be mods. simmy as well but me and him already have our jobs :wink:
junjun

Post by junjun »

hi i would like to nominate myself in the networking section
i have a+ n+ and i just completed my mcse 2003 and im on pcf everyday

i would like to nominate the following ppl

nerevar in benchmarking
leigh in graphics

thanks
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

I agree that Envin should be a mod :)

He'll do a great job.
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

I second/third/fourth/whateva the nominations of wit_skapie and Envin for Mod status!

***note, i don't post everyday but i am here everyday so i've read most of their respective posts and reckon they'd be really good mods
Saddam

Post by Saddam »

my guess....

envinyatar & wit skapie for locker room, envin wants it enuff, i think he'll do the best job of it.

iceblade for something, maybe hardware, he knows that like a book (*xperience from reading posts*)

otherwise, how are moderators picked/chosen,

is it by the number of posts made?
or by input into the forums?
or by responsibility to uphold peace & order?
or what?
im interested.
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

I would like to formally apply for the Programming section
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Leigh for graphics

IceBlade for Chillout -- He hasnt started much wars as far as I know and is neutral in judgement, not taking one persons side everytime...

Mr Bean for hardware and cooling ... He doesnt spam the world over, is quiet, but if people look at the member list, he is quite a regular, with AWESOME knowledge and dedication...

If I could, id love to be in the chillout section , but I know im too outspoken {as in not stating my opinions in the safest of way :wink: }
and not online enough...

Artagra most definitely hardware... I think he has built up quite some respect from teh members...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za