Moderators' jobs

Got a suggestion for the board? Post it in here.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Moderators' jobs

Post by Azgard »

I was looking through a lot of different sections here tonight, I was a bit bored, and I noticed something.

There were a lot of threads in a lot of sections that I don't think are in the right sections. For example, I saw a thread about hardware in the gaming section...

Isn't it our job, the job of the moderators, to make sure all the threads are in the right sections?

I know it seems quite silly, but still.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Yes, I do think it's the job of moderators to constantly check their respective sections to see if there are topics that are not relevant there.

eg. In the chillout section there is something about netsend. Isn't that supposed to be in the Win2K or Networking section?

I'm not dissing the mods here, but maybe pay more attention? :oops: :wink:
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
jee

Post by jee »

Better Evin? Have patience with us mortals :)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

mmuuuccchhh better! :wink:

I'm one of the most patient ppl you'll meet Jee. :) It doesn't bother me so much, but Azgard did bring up the topic so I commented on it.
jee

Post by jee »

Oh good... as I said, just remember, some of us is mortal... but you are welcome to point out things like this always.... just for incase its missed :))
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Moderators' jobs

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Azgard wrote:I was looking through a lot of different sections here tonight, I was a bit bored, and I noticed something.

There were a lot of threads in a lot of sections that I don't think are in the right sections. For example, I saw a thread about hardware in the gaming section...

Isn't it our job, the job of the moderators, to make sure all the threads are in the right sections?

It's not always so clear cut as to where a topic should be - things like graphics cards are very closely associated with games so it could actually belong in both the gaming section and hardware.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

OnlyOneKenobi wrote:
Azgard wrote:I was looking through a lot of different sections here tonight, I was a bit bored, and I noticed something.

It's not always so clear cut as to where a topic should be - things like graphics cards are very closely associated with games so it could actually belong in both the gaming section and hardware.
Yeah good point. So you would have to check the gfx card thread for relevance to the game. Say somone had problems with a gfx card on a certain game and then post it in the games section it would have relevance but if someone would post a bench on a card and the bench is based on performance within a game then it should go to hardware section. Correct?
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:
OnlyOneKenobi wrote:

Yeah good point. So you would have to check the gfx card thread for relevance to the game. Say somone had problems with a gfx card on a certain game and then post it in the games section it would have relevance but if someone would post a bench on a card and the bench is based on performance within a game then it should go to hardware section. Correct?
Correct, but also as in cases where there's a thread asking "which card is better" because obviously the poster wants to know which card is going to give him better performance in games.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

Here's the plan, fire all the current moderators and let some other users have a chance at moderating the site. All in favor...
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

DJT wrote:Here's the plan, fire all the current moderators and let some other users have a chance at moderating the site. All in favor...
Not gonna happen. We have great mods and they are here to stay.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Synkronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Synkronos »

We do try keep things in the appropriate forums. I for one haven't been all that active lately, especially on the sorting front, but I do go thru stuff when I get the chance *checks now*
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

I think the mods here are fine. But as jee said, we are only human, therefore there will always be something overlooked.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

DJT, post your address so that I can come over and discuss this problem that you have with the moderators! I will be sure to bring my lance along! 8)
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

Only joking! Bring your lance, I'll bring my decks and we have a duel!
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook