We urgently need moderators!!!

Got a suggestion for the board? Post it in here.
Agamemnon

We urgently need moderators!!!

Post by Agamemnon »

It's crazy! I posted a topic on the hardware section and some guy told me to "improve my dialect" and that my speech is "annoying". . . from no where! It was my first ever topic! I've only been here a few days.

And I see more unwarranted personal attacks all over the forum now. It's crazy dawgg! More of this and I'll just have to stick the foreign boards.

Flame wars are imminent.

Get the mods out NOW! :x

Peace admin homees 8) . I hope y'all heed ma' wurrdz.
All your base are belong to us.

Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

This question has been brought up before and I think it was agreed that the people here are pretty respectable except for the odd exception.

That "some guy" was Psycho-Critter. Who is a respected member of these forums, and maybe he was having a bad day. As for n00b, he over-reacted a bit and it got out of hand.

The topic mentioned can be found here.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

oops...lemme try again.

OK, you got me. Whats the catch. I read the relevant post expecting to see mayhem. Instead all I found was a bunch of wankers trying to show of their superior knowledge by quoting stuff they read on the net (Agamemnon). Then little n00b laps this up and tries to prove his loyalty to his new found guru (Agamemnon) by stating that everyone else on these forums are a waste of time. And the he (n00b) calls for moderation coz people dare disagree with the weird talking dude (Agamemnon).

Grow up boys. Lets try to pretend we can have real conversation, k?
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

end quote :lol:
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

We actually do need moderators for things like this, no wonder people post once or twice and then just leave. Being flamed for no paticular reason is not nice.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

We do need mods and they are on their way, I will be sending the mail to the persons selected today so hopefully by tomorrow we will have a few.

Peace
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

WHY?????

RRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

He he he! Just felt like posting something stupid!

Why is it everytime we get some dude, like "John_Cena" etc., who talks like a homeboy, some flame start?
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

Coz this is South Africa and not the Bronx? :wink:
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Y0da wrote:Coz this is South Africa and not the Bronx? :wink:
Well said! :D

He he he! Or not "da hood"...
Agamemnon

Post by Agamemnon »

Y0da wrote:oops...lemme try again.

OK, you got me. Whats the catch. I read the relevant post expecting to see mayhem. Instead all I found was a bunch of wankers trying to show of their superior knowledge by quoting stuff they read on the net (Agamemnon). Then little n00b laps this up and tries to prove his loyalty to his new found guru (Agamemnon) by stating that everyone else on these forums are a waste of time. And the he (n00b) calls for moderation coz people dare disagree with the weird talking dude (Agamemnon).

Grow up boys. Lets try to pretend we can have real conversation, k?
I just tried to help you folks out by posting some useful information. Me trying to show off my superior knowledge?! WTF?! I've got nothin to prove to y'all. We're all well-educated cultivated ppl here. It's not about egos and looking 'smart' or 'knowledgable'. It's about computers. Don't take things personally.

I'm just trying to be helpful and useful. That makes me a w@nker?! :evil: !!
wit_skapie wrote:Why is it everytime we get some dude, like "John_Cena" etc., who talks like a homeboy, some flame start?
Y0da wrote:Coz this is South Africa and not the Bronx? :wink:
I was warned aboot xenophobia :( . Who said I'm from South Africa?!

PS: ma dialect be satirical. I had hoped y'all would see the humour and laugh. I mean seriously, even the ppl in the Bronx don't always talk like this. SERIOUSLY! They don't! It's just for fun/funny :wink: . Y'all watch way too much MTV :? !!!

RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

My first notion on this topic would be that it went way tooo far to be squelched. So Cameron if you feel like it I would like to help with the moderating thing. So I am entightled to change my decisions.

Anways Ya'll never said nothin bout us talkin' yoda all over the place. Or Cheese for that matter (err with the odd exception of ppl getting fed up with da cheese). So why start someting big over something so trivial as language. It is just not worth the time.

[A bit said that seriously disgusts me of that thread was self moderated and thus replaced by this police and reader conscious message]

Most of us are here to have fun, learn a bit and break away from work while sipping a nice cup of hot Java. So if for any reason I post something really ludicrous I meant to do it. I personally don't think that anyone here would post some advice or information that they know to be false/untrue. If I for instance post that I got my CPU to run at twice the speed by actually downing the core voltage then maybe I did. But that doesn't say that it will work for someone else even if they have exactly the same hardware cuz their system might have other settings that could provide some influence into the equation.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Oh yeah Agamemnon thanks for sticking around through this I can already see that you are a fighter for what is right. You don't give in easily and is prepared to to stick it to e'm. This unfortunately according to my experience on the forum is axactly the mentality of about 75% -> 80% of the members and the reason why most of the stuff get's out of hand.

So I am going to ask ppl verry nicely to pm someone if you have something to say which in any way could provoke someone. That way you can have your say towards that person and still keep it private cuz comments like what has been thrown around there are not only rude but totally inapropriate.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
n00b

Post by n00b »

WTF
Then little n00b laps this up and tries to prove his loyalty to his new found guru (Agamemnon) by stating that everyone else on these forums are a waste of time. And the he (n00b) calls for moderation coz people dare disagree with the weird talking dude (Agamemnon).
i call for moderation - dude - what you smoking - as for little you stupid tosser - come meet me in real life and you will see about little - as for everyone on this forum being a waste of time - if the cap fits then you gotta wear it
loyalty to his new found guru
hahahahahah - this makes my day - some stupid 16yo **** coming and telling me that i have a guru
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

OK enuff already. Agamemnon I'm sorry for lashing out at you since my anger was actually directed at n00b for his know-it-all narrowminded comments. Nothing personal. BTW we are far from a xenophobic society. It was a sarcastic answer to a sarcastic question.

The issue is NOT your knowledge or how you talk (it is kind of funny) but I think we can all do without references to incestious relationships with our mothers. So just watch da lingo, ja?

And n00b... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Don't lash at each other. It is as simple as that.

If you don't have something nice to say don't say nothing at all !!!!!

Now here is an excercise for you. Each of you give the other person a compliment on something. Anything as long as it is nice. And see your moods change around.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
ICE-VaPa

Post by ICE-VaPa »

A topic for mod's turns out to be yet another flame war! 8O

Com'on people! :?
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Master Yoda, I sense the dark side in you! Have some cheese and relax with the council. :P

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

hehe... :D Alas my dear padawan I am constantly batteling the dark forces within me. They seem to be strongest when I find myself in the company of narrowminded, spineless stirrers.../me pause to take a deep breath. Oops, see? :roll: Now where's that cheese?
Agamemnon

Post by Agamemnon »

Ha ha. Y'all are quite cool and funny ppl.

I heed your words master TOda. I will refrain from unleashing too much of the force in my lingo. :twisted: .

May the force be with you.

*eats cheese*...mmm...tasty 8) .

Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

Agamemnon wrote:I heed your words master TOda...
genuine spelling mistake, or da hood word for Yoda... ?
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
Agamemnon

Post by Agamemnon »

Ack! :x

:oops: That was a very embarrasing typo.

But do not be fooled. This slight imperfection in no way undermines my 'gangstahood'.

*takes out 9mm*

Who's da man now!? Who da man now huh?! I got gunz up dis' piece. Y'all better be scared and flee in terror with yo tails inbetween legs. Don't you watch TV?! I'm an angry ghetto-boy hell-bent on vengeance! RWOOOAAR! LOL :lol: .

On topic: I've checked out most of the topics on this board and have come to the conclusion that things aren't half as bad as they seemed at all. We still need mods for the occasional outbursts, but other than that this board is actually one of the MOST social I've encountered in quite a while. :D

Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

-me waits for a while then cheers-

putting caps in peoplez bottoms is my job! :twisted:
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

Kher-za wrote:

..rrrrrealllyy...
8O 8O.
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

there's something i really want to mention now but i fear that it might start another pandemic.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Kher-za wrote:-me waits for a while then cheers-

Don't you mean putting caps on people's bottles is your job?