Nominate a moderator

Got a suggestion for the board? Post it in here.
HarryPutter

Post by HarryPutter »

lancelot wrote:Everybody has good and bad days; I have never had a run in with anybody on this forum that was not resolved almost immediately. I have received help from many people, always with courtesy and good advice. To cap it all very little needs to be moderated on our forums, the occasional bad apple from Nag and a few like Eminem (remember him?) probably does require monitoring, nothing over zealous though! All this makes it difficult to choose without creating offence!
I would venture:
Only1
Thrall
Jee
bb_matt and
brabham is cool.
I too would go for Madgic but I know she is under pressure right now and she moaned so much about moderating the Ward that I don't think she wants it.
Worst of all I have probably missed out some really good people and apologise to them right now. But I would exclude both Tammy and Cammy as they automatically have all admin rights anyway and it would take a little responsibility away from them. You know, to learn how to drive and also to negotiate potholed terrain!

I'll second that !
bb_matt

Post by bb_matt »

Cool !

Yeah - it is a self moderated forum with the occassional crazy rant ! :) - mostly from fully participating members and it's usually in good spirit.

I like the way this place is free and easy, so the call for moderators is more that just 'moderating'

Aside from "Chill out Relax", most the forums are specifically catergorised, so in addition to moderating, a moderator could also be seen as a "news hound"

For instance, take Thrall and the security section - it's like a news area for that specific topic.

Other examples are HappySimmer and gaming, Madgic and "Chill Out Relax", Raud with "hardware" (and other forum stuff) etc. etc.

So I think a moderator needs to do more than just moderate, but rather needs to keep sections alive with info and debate - it need not be too time consuming - 30 minutes a day is not too much to ask, or even a binge session of 3 hours in a week.

What we do on one forum I visit, is to create a group with many moderators in it - il padrino is a fake moderator that consists of 8 forum regulars - it's a great solution because you don't have to indicate who you are when you do heavy moderating, but also because one or more of the members of "il padrino" may not agree with your decision. So far, it's worked very well.

All I know is that heavy moderating on this forum probably won't be neccessary - it's a light hearted friendly place with the occassional disagreement/flamewar :)
brabham

Post by brabham »

lancelot wrote:brabham is cool.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha! lancelot you are a funny lad indeed. The last thing I want is to be a moderator here. Yes it irritates me sometimes that we dont have mods, but I dont think I could seriously hold up the job. The number one reason is that I am not PC literate enough. Many people here know more than I.

Cameron, in the off chance that you were considering me, I respectfully ask you not to.

As for my nominees, in order of preference:

Thrall
Madgic
bb_matt
OnlyOneKenobi

I can think of others, but I dont think they'd want to.
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

OnlyOneKenobi
Jee
Madgic
bb_matt
Happy Simmer

Id love to, but I dont think Im too well liked or known, so those are my votings
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
MonicanSpy

Post by MonicanSpy »

Thanks bb_matt and slasher! 8)

I'm sure that not everyone would agree with that though. :?

But I would love to be in a games section. :P
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Thanks to all that nominated, busy sorting this out right now.

I have removed votes for brabham and RuadRauFlessa as per their request.

Let you know
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Thanks Cameron much appreciated. I only hope that you achieve the results that you expect from this endevour.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

Thanks Fishy, appreciate it, but yeah

I nominate Fishzn to take over an overclocking/benching/cooling etc section, as he is very knowledgable, and doesn't flame, which is important, because you want a mature person moderating!!
brabham

Post by brabham »

Any clue yet as to who the moderators will be Cameron? Tamsini? I am very eager to see the results. pcformat.co.za can only be better for it imho. :)
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
ICE-VaPa

Post by ICE-VaPa »

Whats happening about the mods? :roll:
SnowMonkey

Post by SnowMonkey »

I'd also like to know? What up?
Supplier of Smart-IT Business Management & Accounting solutions

Smart-IT

Point of Sale/ Ledger/ Customers/ Suppliers/ Workshop/ Stock/ Purchases/ Quote/ HR
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

so... like any news in this department yet? :P

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Recon

Post by Recon »

Hi Guys

Unfortunately Due to the lack of a ISDN modem I was down for a while but I would like to nominate two people.

1: OnlyOneKenobi
He is always very "mindfull of the future" if I have to use a quote from a movie. He mostly knows what is best for the board, and is always ready to give a helping hand.

2: Jee
I think everything that goes for OnlyOne goes for her aswell

These two people seem to get along great and think would be a very affective team.

Good Luck Guys :)
SnowMonkey

Post by SnowMonkey »

:roll:

Smart-IT

Point of Sale/ Ledger/ Customers/ Suppliers/ Workshop/ Stock/ Purchases/ Quote/ HR
Madgic

Post by Madgic »

Hi Guys! Thanks for nominating me but I really must decline although I'm honoured and flattered that you think I would make a good mod. Unfortunately, I can't spend much time here any more.

I don't know how many mods you need but this is my list:

MY NOMINEES

Thrall - Security (He's always on his toes! :twisted: Must be why he's got such nice buns!)
Jee - Chill (Just give her something slinky in purple and a whip and she'll keep ya'll in line!)
SnowMonkey - Hardware etc etc
Fishzn Modding etc
HappySimmer Graphics & Gaming (but aaaaargh! He doesn't visit here any more! Come back, HappyS!)
bb_matt Software & PC knowledge
OnlyOneKenobi - Graphics etc and PC knowledge
Lancelot - The Ward (He is already the Mod but maybe needs help when he's away on business soooo Kronos could help him out maybe?! (A naughty fella but also knowledgeable)

A long list, I know, but . . . at least they'd be around to answer posts :wink:
When life kicks you in the guts, you better be ready . . . or go to gym and build up your 6-pack!
SnowMonkey

Post by SnowMonkey »

Thanks madgic!

//snowmonkey gives madgic a romany cream

Smart-IT

Madgic

Post by Madgic »

:roll: Oooooh! My faves! :lol:
When life kicks you in the guts, you better be ready . . . or go to gym and build up your 6-pack!
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

SnowMonkey wrote:Thanks madgic!

//snowmonkey gives madgic a romany cream
ROFLMAO, flip, ROFLMAO, just beginning to stop LMAO. Oh there i go again ROFLMAO.

Gee thanks for the kind gesture madgic! It is well and truly a shame that you choose not to mod! As you are one of the ppl here from the beginnin and that definitely deserves some commendation for sticking with the site through all!

Maybe cammy can give an honarary moderators pos, the mod of mods. You don't really have to mod but can when you feel neccesary.
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Madgic

Post by Madgic »

Fishy, I'm gonna Kill ya!

Lemmee outta here! Aaaaaaargh!

:idea:
AngryRabbit

Post by AngryRabbit »

Hey Cameron

Why don't you create a survey, something like the weekly polls on the site or the PCF survey. Then we can all vote for moderators and you can then pick a couple from the top few.

Otherwise, I would like to 2nd Snowy's nomination. Although he's partially retarded and not very intelligent, he is unquestionably lazy and conceited.
Wait...I mean he works hard. Yes that's it....Um.
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Sorry guys but I have been really busy, I will email the people who got enough votes as well as another one or two that I feel could contribute tonight. I'm going to be working a bit late so I'll make a plan.

Cheers
Cameron
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Didn't send out those mails last night, I had to sort out some personal stuff. They will go out later today.
ICE-VaPa

Post by ICE-VaPa »

Yay! we will soon know! :D
STaLK3R

Post by STaLK3R »

Ah, I haven't been on in a while, so you guys just forgot about me I guess, or plainly just dislike me!
Signature by Psych0_Cr1tt3r!
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Shame STaLK3R!

Send Dr Jung your problem and let him sort it out!