How do moderator nominations work?

Got a suggestion for the board? Post it in here.
SorroW

Post by SorroW »

I agree with Tiza, a whole section dedicated to Steven Seagal and Jennifer Garner movies, that sound really cool.

I nominate Tiza!!
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Don't want to be prototype.
But I would really like to be a mod in the gaming section, if it's okay with you, Cameron, and with the other members.
I have always wanted to be a moderator, and would be cool if it could finally happen.

Zell.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Monty wrote:i nominate someidiotsa as a mod in either the PC or the chill out ... relax forums
Wow, thanks Monty, never knew you nominated me :) I dont really mind hehe I could work in the ward 8) lol jks....

And yeah, personally I would nominate Zell_D as a mod for gaming, coz he knows his stuff, hardcore gamer :wink:

@ I do have one thing to say about Neons comments about a TV And Movies Section, I think there really should be a section for it coz at least I know I would rule there I am the king of TV, 8) *besides soapies*
Zell
Permanently Banned

Continue the trend people

Post by Zell »

someidiotsa wrote:And yeah, personally I would nominate Zell_D as a mod for gaming, coz he knows his stuff, hardcore gamer :wink:

@ I do have one thing to say about Neons comments about a TV And Movies Section, I think there really should be a section for it coz at least I know I would rule there I am the king of TV, 8) *besides soapies*
Thanks alot someidiotsa. Means alot. :cry:
Lol about the soapies thing, first thought you were king of soapies :roll: then realised it was "besides" soapies. Phew, breath a sigh of relief.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Nah, soapies are a bit too predictable so I dont waste my time....

I want that TV section, please Cameron *Cry for help*
Abatis

Post by Abatis »

if there is ever a need for some new mods
i would nominate zell in the gaming section
and if we do get a tv section i would like to be one in there
What does man fear most? That no one will understand him, or that someone truly might?
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

someidiotsa wrote:
I do have one thing to say about Neons comments about a TV And Movies Section, I think there really should be a section for it coz at least I know I would rule there I am the king of TV, 8) *besides soapies*
I'm still living in hope of that, as of 2 years now. I even had a topic in the moderator section for it, so unless you wanna sign a petition, i wouldn't get your hopes up.

And what's that about king of TV? Dude, I would so 0wn you. Oh and CCTV doesn't count.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Looks to me like the people want a change.
Taking in a few mods would be great to calm the masses... Yeah, if I ever became a mod, there would be a few "improvements" i would make to the gaming section. Not that anything is wrong, this site is banging, which is why I come here whenever I can.

Orale, give it up for the East side ese. (Sorry neon)
Zell.
mow Cancelled

Post by mow Cancelled »

look if ever there was need for another mod in hardware , VOODOOPROPHETII ! his knowlege in memory specificly , is godly ! but he is on top of everything else too !

if ever we are crazy enuf too open a section dedicated to metaphisical science . quatum , space , spirituality ..... then i would vote for myself to be the mod.

but otherwise the current mods are great ! 3 thumbs up :-)

----Thanx to Kher-za for this piece of Art-----
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

i think we should make a rule for ppl trying to vote themselve's to be a mods, the 2 rule's that i can think of 1: You are not allowed to vote yourself... 2: That person has to be knowledgeable in the position that u want them to moderate places like the "Chill" section dont need knowledge its all brainless drivil :wink: but Hardware, Software, Graphics, Programming, Skidmarks all need ppl who know what there talking about...

oh and a third rule (nearly forgot this one :wink: ) that person has to be of a cool temprament and able to see both side's of the fence b4 making a descision, just so that we dont have flame war's happening...

so what do u all think of them rules?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
capanno

Post by capanno »

I think its cool and fair.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
mow Cancelled

Post by mow Cancelled »

im great with those rules anakha , i assume your post was directed toward mine :-)

anyway ever spoken to voodoo bout hardware ? then you know what im on about.

wasnt trying to vote for myself and i didnt . i just said that i would if that situation arrised i would ....
but as we both know the metaphysical will never be a section on this site . :-)

but yes i do agree with you "new" rules !

Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

it wasent directed at anyone mow i just read everything from post 1 and saw that everyone was voting themselve's in and i think the ppl you interact with should vote for you that way it also keeps ppl from starting flame wars especially if there looking for mod status :wink:

btw i think Vodoo is cool but as far as i know we arent looking for new mods...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
mow Cancelled

Post by mow Cancelled »

i know , :-)

the reason , everyone voting for themselves is cause cameron said they could in the very first post of mod nomination. i agree with the fact that you should be nominated ....

Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Okay, in the future you wont be able to nominate yourself. Other members will have to nominate you.
jee

Post by jee »

Anakha56 wrote:. 2: That person has to be knowledgeable in the position that u want them to moderate places like the "Chill" section dont need knowledge its all brainless drivil :wink:
Thank you *g* i think 8O :D
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Anakha56 wrote:2: That person has to be knowledgeable in the position that u want them to moderate
Hmm... I'd put level-headed, responsible and, shall we say, intellectually mature :wink: before knowledge...

My reasoning based on experiences on the java tech fora - all the knowledge in the world would not make it a safe or friendly place.... it is quite frankly impossible to moderate programmers using programmers, 'cause the competition will never go away . one-upmanship is a problem, a real risk....

<slinks off to get some more coffee, maybe some cheese...>
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

I'd like to nominate other people, but I just about spend all my time in the chillout section (as many of you may have noticed!) so I don't really know much of the other people's technical know-how.