KZN South Coast Holiday meet

Want to meet other forum members? This is where events are planned, and where embarrassing photos are posted. :twisted:
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
jee

Post by jee »

Erm... I dont think we want to go down as far as Margate.. there are some guys from Margate... and my suggestion is to meet between Margate and Durbs....

I'm there for a conference :) Will be there the whole of tom again/
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Anakha56 wrote:Hey Scarlet thankx for the lift offer, but if we go on a Saturday then I have a 85% chance of getting my g/f's moms car btw are our better halves allowed to come? :wink:
Bring our computers? Are we having a LAN too?

Seriously though, I'd be keen for the get together. But can't it be like in Durban somewhere, then I can get the other PK members to come as well, since none of them besides me ever seem to be online anymore. Hmmm... second thoughts, maybe that's not such a good idea for them to be there. LOL!

Hey Anakha, I could also give you a lift if you can't get the cab.
Rikkelz wrote:Which coast is Tongaat?

*neon hands Rikkelz a map.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Rikkelz

Post by Rikkelz »

*takes map, reads upside down, very confused*
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Ooh, seen this one now! Anyway i'm game for a meet! Might have some probs getting there though! Since i might be leaving for die Kaap soon! Unsure whether i'll be around!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

so Saturday the 18th it is - we can meet in Scottburgh - i vote for the morning - say around 9 / 10 ish...

will bring the beer...

Jee - paper plates are cool... 8)

Anyone else... :?:
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
jee

Post by jee »

K, have swop work so i'm off in the morning... who else...
Azgard will be here too.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Scarlet_Spider wrote:so Saturday the 18th it is - we can meet in Scottburgh - i vote for the morning - say around 9 / 10 ish...

will bring the beer...

Jee - paper plates are cool... 8)

Anyone else... :?:
Where in Scottburgh?

9 or 10? As in AM? Woah, dude. I don't think I could even wake up at that time let alone be there.

Fishy, you must be there. Wanna lift?
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
jee

Post by jee »

erm a bit later sounds fine neon :) Scottburgh is about halfway between Durbs (60 km south) and Margate (80 km) on the south coast... please don't tell me you don't know ... this is a serious offence.. do you know where Umkomaas is?
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

jee wrote:erm a bit later sounds fine neon :) Scottburgh is about halfway between Durbs (60 km south) and Margate (80 km) on the south coast... please don't tell me you don't know ... this is a serious offence.. do you know where Umkomaas is?
Umm.. not where is Scottburgh, I know where Scottburgh is, I said where in Scottburgh? I'm guessing by the Wimpy and the caravan park. Except everyone must realise that every place in Scottburgh is going to be pure chaos, it's going to be chockablock over the festive season now.
jee

Post by jee »

Oops Neon :oops: its been one of those days.. in fact.. everyone is partying and i'm already in bed.... and i work tom (

Perhaps we can meet at the Spur.. more place and easier too.. Otherwise there is Sebastians in Umkomaas that is nice.. and a great place at Rocky Bay....
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

jee wrote:Oops Neon :oops: its been one of those days.. in fact.. everyone is partying and i'm already in bed.... and i work tom (

Perhaps we can meet at the Spur.. more place and easier too.. Otherwise there is Sebastians in Umkomaas that is nice.. and a great place at Rocky Bay....
No worries, jee. I have a habit of misreading letters too (and whole sentences), and it is the end of the week too. You can always blame Canada :) <neon queues south park track song>

Spur sounds cool. Never been to Umkomaas (but I do know where it is, he he). Hmm... Rocky Bay, I remember I nearly drowned at the caravan park when I was about 8. I really wanted my favourite bucket and spade.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

After not having my modem for two days, I'm online again :)

I'll be leaving for KZN on the 16th next week. So the 18th sounds fine.

Any other details been decided yet?
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Azgard wrote:After not having my modem for two days, I'm online again :)

I'll be leaving for KZN on the 16th next week. So the 18th sounds fine.

Any other details been decided yet?
Howzit Azgard, glad to see you got your modem back!

Once again, why can't we actually have it in durbs somewhere? somewhere you don't get mugged (neon thinks for a while).

Azgard, only other details are that it's going to be somewhere near or at Scottburgh maybe, jee has a habit of muddling "s" and "n" 's, Rikkelz reads maps upside down and that we can all blame Canada.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

I'm gonna be staying a few minutes away from Scottburgh so Durban is a bit far for me.

But I don't really mind where we have it.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Azgard wrote:I'm gonna be staying a few minutes away from Scottburgh so Durban is a bit far for me.

But I don't really mind where we have it.
Remember don't tell the Evil Gnomes about this get-together.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

After another topic-stopping comment...

Anyway, what's happen about this? Any more plans/ideas?
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

cool - 18th it is - seems to be settled on Scottburgh - now its just the time and the exact location that needs to be decided on...

Spur suits me - how about you guys?
time -??
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
jee

Post by jee »

hmm can we make it about 11 Scarlet? or do you want to catch some waves first then visit?
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Scarlet_Spider wrote:cool - 18th it is - seems to be settled on Scottburgh - now its just the time and the exact location that needs to be decided on...

Spur suits me - how about you guys?
time -??
11am at Spur suits me.
jee

Post by jee »

Oi Madgic... are you going to shine your presence onto your minions? Come join us.. actually pack your toofbrush and stay over... I have lots of place if you don't mind the mess... I'm redecorating but have very little time so stuff is lying around instead of veing packed away :) And I have three pcs that need sorting out :D
Madgic

Post by Madgic »

*sigh* Went platinum in the early hours of this morning and forgot to log out* :oops:

Oi Madgic... are you going to shine your presence onto your minions? Come join us..
Minions? Hang on . . . need my dictionary.

It sez:

Minion = A servile or fawning dependant

:oops: Now I wouldn't dare show my face :cry:

actually pack your toofbrush and stay over...
What about my toofmug and steradent? :idea:

Not forgetting the antiwrinkle cream, foot soothing gel, anti-varicose vein pressure stockings . . . . . . . . .

:lol: :lol: :lol: My car hasn't got a trunk big enough!
When life kicks you in the guts, you better be ready . . . or go to gym and build up your 6-pack!
jee

Post by jee »

you dont need to worry about all those paraphanalia... i have loads of it and you are welcome to it! All i need is ze bodie...
Madgic

Post by Madgic »

All i need is ze bodie...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will let you know . . . Have a function to do that night so time might be tight!
When life kicks you in the guts, you better be ready . . . or go to gym and build up your 6-pack!
jee

Post by jee »

Right... 11 on Sat 18th at Spur (on the outside tables) in Scottburgh...

1. Neon
2. Scarlet
3. Azgard
4. jee

:D
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

hey jee count me and my g/f on that count of yours.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.