KZN South Coast Holiday meet

Want to meet other forum members? This is where events are planned, and where embarrassing photos are posted. :twisted:
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

1. Neon
2. Scarlet
3. Azgard
4. jee
5. Anakha and GF

right... we need more. come on. Dont be shy.
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Hmmm.... just out of interest - if i'm in Ramsgate - how far is it too Scottburgh?
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

try http://www.shellgeostar.co.za

nevermind - i have done it for you...

Shell GeoStar wrote: You start from Ramsgate .Estimated time: 01h 16
1 18.6 km 00h 13 Follow Mac Cullum Road for 18.6 km until NON URBAN .
2 19.8 km 00h 13 Follow N2 for 1.2 km until SOUTH COAST .
3 97.3 km 01h 08 Follow Chestnut Drive for 77.5 km
4 98.4 km 01h 09 Turn right, follow R612 for 1.1 km
5 102.6 km 01h 12 Turn left, follow R102 for 4.2 km until SOUTH COAST .
6 103.4 km 01h 13 Turn right, follow Airth Street for 746 m
7 103.8 km 01h 14 Turn right, follow Scott Street for 467 m
8 103.9 km 01h 14 Turn left, follow Collocot Drive for 102 m
9 104.6 km 01h 16 Turn right, follow Marine Terrace for 677 m
10 105.1 km 01h 16 Follow Bermuda Way for 511 m
You reach Scottburgh .Covered distance: 105.1 km
not that far - see you there then :wink:
------
Nikonians
jee

Post by jee »

skapie, thats why we are having it in Scottburgh and not Durbs... so that you can come as well.

there is a chance that the venue might change.. you might have to visit me in proson cause i am close to commiting some evil deed like murder... grrr
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

jee wrote:skapie, thats why we are having it in Scottburgh and not Durbs... so that you can come as well.

there is a chance that the venue might change.. you might have to visit me in proson cause i am close to commiting some evil deed like murder... grrr
Why 8O Who you gonna murder :?:
jee

Post by jee »

men... but skapies are safe..:)

just as a matter of interest, from two on Saturday (and Sunday) its the Paws and Claws guide dog for the blind show and music festival at Illovo club... apart from the dog jumping and such like lots of local bands will be playing like 33, shabby Dorris, Lava Rpcls, arcacai... there will also be a midlands band playing South American folk, firedance and drumming and off course on Saturday afternoon Richard Ellis from BAT will do a drumming demo and workshop.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

sounds cool, but i personally cant be there that late...

lets just confirm.

Spur Scottburgh - 11am - Saturday 18th December 2004
------
Nikonians
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

sounds good to me. i will let you know on friday if i will need a lift or not scarlet.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
jee

Post by jee »

confirmed... and you both have my cell number.... and skapie... please come? I will leave something over for YOda, I promise :)
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

I'll give the other PK members a call tomorrow, see if they are keen. They should go, since they all live in toti, which a skip away from scottburgh. But I reckon :

1. Sacred_Snail - he'll be to busy spending time with his gf (also think he's scared of everyone after "that thread" when he did an impersonation of Angry)

2. AngryRabbit & Law - rather not have 'em in my car, they are insane (ask Anakha)

3. Snowy - know he's really busy atm, but it is on a weekend...

4. NinjaTic - don't know what he's up to

5. SoulErazor - he still in Cape Town

But will try.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

jee wrote:confirmed... and you both have my cell number.... and skapie... please come? I will leave something over for YOda, I promise :)
Ek sal probeer :biggrin:
jee

Post by jee »

neon, tell sacred he owes me :) him and rose should come :)
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

i agree he and rose should come. as for the rest hmmm do you really want insane critters running around the place? :wink:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
jee

Post by jee »

nuuuuuu i want peace and tranquility :)

off topic.. Anakah, did you see there is a new Eddings out?
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

nope i didnt . whats it called and whats it about?
jee

Post by jee »

Its called The treasured ones and its book two in the dreamers series...I must say that I did not enjoy the elder gods as much as his Mallorean ect series :(
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

i loved his books, i have read them 5 times :oops: and by that i mean the series. i didnt know he was onto another series, hmmm will have to go take a look in exclusive books as my librarys are useless when it comes to fantasy authors.
jee

Post by jee »

nope... just go to your library(btw which one?) and ask them to order it for you.. I have them all and in any case, the new series has just come out.. the library can request it from their depot.

I'm actually very please with myself cause I have been nagging and they have just bought some anime (my goddess and others) and have just ordered some manga that I have recommended... nag your librarian cause it will be in the system... The KZN library service has LOTS of fantasy... (REALLY) and some are kept in in our ref library, I also have a great selection, and you can request.... let me know and i will help you :)
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

i go to either the pinetown library (not my 1st choice not a very clean part of town also the things that go on in thier not for young minds :wink:) but usually its the westville north library when i get the time that is :oops: i have been reading the terry goodkind series which starts off with the wizards first rule i got all the way to the "temple of winds" and now they cant find that book, so i cant carry on with the series :cry:
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

*...topic*
------
Nikonians
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

:oops: our bad we got taken away with books hehe soz about that.
jee

Post by jee »

sweety tell them to order it for you.

we have our catalogue on the web now... it has a few hickups still, but you can search to see if the books are available in the province. ... and then your lib has to order it for you.. unless it is a specific library's own holdings (i for instance will not lend my books to either the two libs you have mentioned :( ) There are several copies available of the title you are looking for and if they give you hassels.. let me know... i will tell their principal librarian :)

http://kznpals.wcape.gov.za/
Madgic

Post by Madgic »

Morning Jee :D

Please tell me your latest on the meet.

Where will you be meeting? Is parking easy/available or will it be full of rubbernecks and pappie-kyks? :wink: (I'll be coming by car not bike so I know parking could be a prob.)

What time?

Can we smoke there? *nerves are jangled* :?
When life kicks you in the guts, you better be ready . . . or go to gym and build up your 6-pack!
jee

Post by jee »

oi girl... yep, lots of parking.. if you get to Scottburgh on the highway, turn to the village, but then stay on the old Main road still going South. You will find the Pic n Pay shopping centre on your right, turn and as you get into the parking area, the Spur is the first shop of the centre. We will sit outside, so smoking wil be allowed!

Meet there at 11... i will be the wrinkled version with all the gorg young men around me :)
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

jee wrote:sweety tell them to order it for you.

we have our catalogue on the web now... it has a few hickups still, but you can search to see if the books are available in the province. ... and then your lib has to order it for you.. unless it is a specific library's own holdings (i for instance will not lend my books to either the two libs you have mentioned :( ) There are several copies available of the title you are looking for and if they give you hassels.. let me know... i will tell their principal librarian :)

http://kznpals.wcape.gov.za/
sorry to go off topic, but jee why is the ptn lib and westville north lib not there? why dont you like them?