Ek gaan see toe!

Want to meet other forum members? This is where events are planned, and where embarrassing photos are posted. :twisted:
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Ek gaan see toe!

Post by KALSTER »

I am going on holiday from next Wednesday for a week to Amanzimtoti. As a typical Freestater, I am excited beyond normal. Added to that is the fact that it has been more than 13 years since I have been to the ocean and I feel like a kid. I can't wait!

I am sure there are many of you guys that live at the coast (SP, Ron, jee, ?), while others regularly visit there (KK, ?). So is there anyone else that still gets excited when he/she gets a chance to visit the ocean? When last have you been?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: Ek gaan see toe!

Post by Anakha56 »

I live here and ... have not seen the sea for some time now. I am not a beach fan per say mainly because they are always so crowded. With regards to the Toti beaches just be careful where you keep your things at one stage there was a high theft incident rate. Where abouts in Toti are you going?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I love the sea.

You must make a plan to see Anky and his better half while you are down there.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Tribble wrote: You must make a plan to see Anky and his better half while you are down there.
I dont think we are doing anything that long weekend so that is fine with me. I know puppy is away and will not be able to join.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Not sure exactly. Somewhere close to the main beach, if that makes sense? Just South. Some family has an apartment there. It has it's own little beach that is supposedly not that crowded. Not a fan of the crowds either.
You must make a plan to see Anky and his better half while you are down there
Might just do that. ;)

I've never been to Amanzimtoti itself yet. We usually went to Banana beach, Illovo, Scottburg and those places. i know people who live at the coast usually don't go to the beach much. Still, I'll love to live near there.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

KALSTER wrote:
You must make a plan to see Anky and his better half while you are down there
Might just do that. ;)
Send me a PM with details that suit you and I will speak to my other half and see what she reminds me of what we are doing then :P.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

if only i was still in Scottburgh...
will be with jee that weekend and she is near PMB...

would like to meet you but don't think it's gonna be this time, sorry mate...
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Anakha56 wrote:
Tribble wrote: You must make a plan to see Anky and his better half while you are down there.
I dont think we are doing anything that long weekend so that is fine with me. I know puppy is away and will not be able to join.
Pfft! KALSTER, just drop rusty a PM informing him of your intention to have a meet at the Toti KFC and any and all plans to be away will be cancelled postehaste.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Stuart wrote:
Anakha56 wrote:
Pfft! KALSTER, just drop rusty a PM informing him of your intention to have a meet at the Toti KFC and any and all plans to be away will be cancelled postehaste.
:lol: This is the BOSS who has planned this event. He wont dare face her wrath... Not after the last time... :P
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Oh I am sure jee wants to meet Kalster and will try and make a plan. Just let her know you will be there.
jee

Post by jee »

I lived next to the see for 20 years and loved every day... I miss it still. I would love to meet.... are you traveling on your own? My little car is a tad unsafe at this moment for traveling longer distances... but I am missing ankie and his boss so perhaps we can make a plan :)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Anakha56 wrote:Send me a PM with details that suit you and I will speak to my other half and see what she reminds me of what we are doing then
I'll do that.
KK wrote:would like to meet you but don't think it's gonna be this time, sorry mate...
No probs. Will have to make it when I get down to the coast in another 13 years. :)
Anakha56 wrote:
Stuart wrote: Pfft! KALSTER, just drop rusty a PM informing him of your intention to have a meet at the Toti KFC and any and all plans to be away will be cancelled postehaste.
This is the BOSS who has planned this event. He wont dare face her wrath... Not after the last time..
The idea of Rusty having a BOSS fills me with hope for justice in the universe... :P
jee wrote:I lived next to the see for 20 years and loved every day... I miss it still. I would love to meet.... are you traveling on your own? My little car is a tad unsafe at this moment for traveling longer distances... but I am missing ankie and his boss so perhaps we can make a plan
It's actually sort of a family vacation and we'll be using as few cars as possible (petrol), but I am sure I could borrow someone's car for an evening. The parentals are driving all the way from Hillshaven, Westonaria and will swing by me to drop off the dog and pick me up, with my brothers joining for the weekend.

I am not much of a talker though, but think it will be nice meeting you guys in person. Would be kind of weird as well. I am not a million friends kind of guy.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

It is really easy to chat to jee and Anky. You won't have any trouble.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Kalster is a cool guy, he has less than a million friends and doesn't afraid of anything.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

:lol:
Enjoy Kalster
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I am jealous - aiming to be down that way in July.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Tribble wrote:It is really easy to chat to jee and Anky. You won't have any trouble.
Cool. I'm not a basket case or anything, just really bad at jibber-jabber and general small talk. I'll have to down two quick beers to get things going. Or arrive already petrol'ed up. :)
Hman wrote:Kalster is a cool guy, he has less than a million friends and doesn't afraid of anything.
:lol:

I'll have to take a look at where we can meet. Maybe some place we can have a meal and a few beers. Depending on available time.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

Tribble wrote:I am jealous - aiming to be down that way in July.
and i'll be up state during July... :D

@Klaster: the easiest is halfway which is kinda the Pavilion, but then it's not really half way...
hmmm... lets see what Anky and jee suggests...
it can't be the monday tho... traveling back to Bloem as i have to work on Tuesday at the Open Day... :(
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Get yourself a coolbox and fill with drink of choice. On the way down empty the coolbox' contents into your throat. By the time you get there you'll be ready.

I want to get to Margate some time to visit my sister. Don't know when that will ever happen.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
jee

Post by jee »

Kallie, i am a kitten... and ankie... well.. he is a Tom :)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

jee - that is the most apt description of Anky I have ever heard ROTFLMHO
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

The Pavillion looks like as good a place as any. I see they'll be open 'till 8PM Friday and Saturday and 'till 7PM on Sunday. It's 34KM from Amanzimtoti, which isn't very far.

I'll have to GPS my way there though, otherwise I'll end up selling my shoes in the slums of Durban for food after running out of petrol from driving around in circles and my phone dying on me from furious Whatsapp'ing in an effort to get a constant stream of directions I'll inevitably fail to follow, while being drunk from the contents of my cooler.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

only the shops close that time, the restaurants close later...

if you are traveling on the N2 south bound from Joburg side then you will pass it on your way down to Toti... it's very easy to get there...
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

it's very easy to get there...
Yeah, I still get lost in Welkom every now and again, despite having lived here my whole life. :?
ADT

Post by ADT »

I see the sea everyday, since i am the coast :) , but hey enjoy kal
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~