KZN Member meet (Big Pics)

Want to meet other forum members? This is where events are planned, and where embarrassing photos are posted. :twisted:
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

KZN Member meet (Big Pics)

Post by Anakha56 »

Hey All

I was thinking it was time for another KZN member meet. I was thinking that it could possibly take place in Toti what do you all think? i havent yet worked out details for when and where but thats the reason why im starting this to get feedback from you lot.

Please post your thoughts here...
Last edited by Anakha56 on 15 Aug 2005, 08:39, edited 3 times in total.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

<thoughts>
blank*
</thoughts>

not enough coffee apparently....

butcher boys! :twisted:

[edit: that would be a vote for bb in toti!... but with a name like that probably not much on the vegan side.... :)]
Last edited by rustypup on 01 Aug 2005, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

i'm keen... just let me know when and where...

8)
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Scarlet do you have any preference as to when and where?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

hehe... well, i would prefer to have it on the weekend (which i think will suit most people) - regarding where, i really dont mind..

anyone else...

(@ Anakha - wanna make this a sticky ?)
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

its an idea make it a sticky till we have it then unsticky it. consider it stuck. weekend is a definate. i suppose we have to wait until the other durban ppl log in.
jee

Post by jee »

toti sounds fine... give some dates :)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

"Other" durban member logs on. :)

Yeah, I'm keen needs to be soon though, just started back at varsity today and within 2 weeks, work will be uber hectic. Yes, even weekends. From one extreme to another.

Maybe jamin, Zell, Bobendren, Fishy, Hexie, Creator and someidiot will come along as well this time.

Toti is alright, maybe some of the other members of our PK clan will come, sure Law will be keen, not sure about AngryRabbit and the likes.

Although close to Durban would be less on petrol, ;)
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
jee

Post by jee »

Hmmm we must look at guys like Rayne and jamin - like to meet both and they are the furthest.. where do you suggest neon?
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

where abouts is jamin in the KZN world? the reason why i said Toti is cause its not to far from Pinetown (thinking about my petrol :wink: ) although it is still a bit of a prob for Rayne maybe seeing as how he is in banana country :wink: jee, neon, scarlet where would you guys say middle ground is?
jee

Post by jee »

Toti or Durbs itself - jamin is in Rby if I remember correctly. Both of them come on at night... so lets check... we can always go for a braai on the beach :D bring the guitars and so one... *g*

Is Style not living in Kzn? Oh and pm MrBean... we need to meet him!
Law

Post by Law »

sup. just tell me when and where.

Cheese out

edit: Toti = good :D
Last edited by Law on 01 Aug 2005, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.

MAY THE CHEESE BE WITH YOU!
{PK} Law
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

style is in Ballito i think, i will pm Mr Bean and see if he replies...
style121

Post by style121 »

Ok, sounds good, i'm keen. Though Toti might be a bit far for me. But i'll keep following the thread to see if things change.
Law

Post by Law »

ballito =far from anywarez :D

MAY THE CHEESE BE WITH YOU!
{PK} Law
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Yeah as Law says, a no no for Ballito, that's miles away.

As far as a suggestion for a venue, in Durban, well there's really only the shopping centres for restaurants being Pavilion, Gateway, Musgrave and Berea Centre (this centre avoid at all costs if you value your life). None are south coast though. A middle venue so far sounds like the airport, but that would be silly. But easy if people wanna fly down from Joburg or up from Cape Town for the meet. Maybe Mr Bean could sell his Geforce 7800 and fly everybody there... and back. lol.

Jee, the beach, lol. That's not know terriority for us computer err... addicts.

Rayne is in Durban? Thought he was in Jo'burg. Would wanna meet him fo' sure. Ditto for jamin.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Mozz

Post by Mozz »

I'm in KZN!!! i'll join you guys in 06/07 being underage doesn't help much :( but i should have my car by next year! :)

LOL @ neon i'm loving ur advertisment under ur SIG :lol: :lol: :lol:
jee

Post by jee »

Rayne is lower S/C. Perhaps at Ushaka... its on the beach and there are lots of things to do if anyone gets bored, and there are great drinking place on the ship, its easy to find... and there will be loads and loads of fresh air.. (not that most of us will know what that is )
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

hmm I should be able to come so long as it is on a weekend.... I'm free next monday and tuesday as well..

But how about we make it in Durbs? Coz like Mozz said it doesnt help being underage and not having a car :?

*edit* Ushaka should be fine not sure if others are up for it though....
MrBean

Post by MrBean »

Hi Guys and Girls,
I would be there, thanx for the invite! Let me know time and place, Toti, Durbz, Gateway, doesn't matter. I am quite central in Pinetown, so no worries.

Just PM me the details, I'll make a plan - would be nice to meet you all :)

Br,
Beanie.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

@Neon: DO YOU WANT US ALL TO DIE!!!???
Berea center is where you go when you wanna die really quickly... :twisted:

Anyways, wherever Neon says is good, is good with me... cause I'm getting there with Neon's car. :wink:
jee

Post by jee »

hmm the more I think about it, the more I think the ship at Ushaka will make a perfect place - there are lots of place to sit outside, it has a bar for those who has more than bumfluff and it has great views.. and those who want to smoke can.. its easy to find.. so now that we have the place... time and date?
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

:lol: @ Jee.
Luckily my mommy taught me how to shave today for my 19th birthday. Now I can drink Milo with the grown ups.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Zell_D wrote::lol: @ Jee.
Luckily my mommy taught me how to shave today for my 19th birthday. Now I can drink Milo with the grown ups.
LOL!

So its going to be at Ushaka now?
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Hey all!

jee: I was working in Rby a while ago. Am back in Dbn now, I live quite close to Gateway, actually.

Ushaka sounds like a top idea. I havent been there as yet, so I'm game.
Just one problem for me, shift work!
I'm working 2PM-10PM this weekend, and 8AM-5PM next week. I'm free next weekend.
Or - we could all meet next Tuesday. It is after all a public holiday :idea: and most of us should be free.
Thats my 2c.
I am, however, definitly keen to be there.