KZN Member meet (Big Pics)

Want to meet other forum members? This is where events are planned, and where embarrassing photos are posted. :twisted:
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
jee

Post by jee »

Ok! I just got home!... hmmmm a very big Huggle to all you guys. You really made it special for me, and i can only say that you all deserve loads of huggles :)

Thanks for my prezzies and my flowers - they are just too divine...

chez girl, KZN has the best guys in the country!!!!!!

MrBean... I must admit you really had me... ;)
Last edited by jee on 14 Aug 2005, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
chez

Post by chez »

I'm so sorry I missed it........and I do agree jee. KZN is a great place, with great guys and gals. I lived there for a few years, made great friends and sadly had to trade in my view of the Kranzkloof Gorge ( we lived right on the edge) for a mine dump or two :cry: :cry: I won't be growing old in Jozi. Only two more years or so :D :D
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Just got back from soccer.

Yeah it was cool, got to check out uShaka and have a cool time with all the Durbanite PCFormatians.

jee (note the lowercase "j"- ;) ), how'd the wine tasting go?
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
jee

Post by jee »

Neon, ( thanks for the j) fortunately we only bought, not really tasted :)

chez, these guys made me really feel like a Lady - I got spoiled with choccies, and FLOWERS, and the cutest cat candle holder and candle, and some real Chinese white rabbit... :D :D
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
chez

Post by chez »

hmmmmmm...... true gentlemen. Lucky Lady!!
Knuckles
Processor: Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Motherboard: Gagabyte Z170-Gaming K3-CF
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Knuckles »

I think they were trying to butter you up so you wont yell at them when their sigs and avvies are overweight! ;-)
jee

Post by jee »

Knuckles wrote:I think they were trying to butter you up so you wont yell at them when their sigs and avvies are overweight! ;-)
hmmm it worked! I will NEVER yell at them again.. not even Zell who is the cutest little thing ever! :twisted:
chez

Post by chez »

Hope you took lots of pics.
Knuckles

Post by Knuckles »

tsk tsk, we can't let bribery and corruption creep into the democracy that is PCF! ;-)
jee

Post by jee »

nobody said anything about bribery... i will STILL tell them if their sigs look like my rump.. but i will do it even nicer than i normally do!....

We did take some.. not too many tho :)
Knuckles

Post by Knuckles »

Oh ok, u gonna post the pics for us?
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

I hope they didn't take pics while we were eating! Not verry charming I must say... :?
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

@some<otherwordhere*>sa : yep... got scary there... I almost put my beer down... :)

thanks to all for a great time....

*<_still think inserting sweetie there would constitute common law marriage proposal....> :)
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

rustypup wrote:
*<_still think inserting sweetie there would constitute common law marriage proposal....> :)
lol
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

A-hem, we need this all in story form, you know, for those of us who were not there. Did Mr.Bean really wear his memory stick? What's Sylvester's friend like? (Can I call you that? I don't like someidiot) And was somesweetie the one who brought the white rabbit sweeties? And what did you eat? Where did all the fun stuff happen? What were the exciting bits? Tell us everything. Did you get spinach stuck in your teeth?
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Hey G-Boy, Its cool if you call me Sylvester, you can call me sisa if you want *Short for the name* somesweetie :?: :? anyways... Umm well he's my friend, his name is Etienne, cool dude...

I bought the white rabbit sweets for jee yes. And there was a variety of foods to eat but half of us had the buffet and others bought courses... fun stuff, well we mainly sta\yed on the ship (Anakha56 has the pics I believe) So we basically chatted, and Mr Bean with his non-geek ways :wink:

I didn't eat spinach so I didnt have to worry so yeah thats basically it... I'll let the other guys fill in the other details, coz I wan't sitting near their table...

*Edit* oh and the reason behind the name I needed a unique name that nobody would use and I came up with that... But as jamin_za said at the meet, I went more than unique I went hardcore unique
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

be warned 18 pictures so it will cause prob's to 56k ppl, photobucket doesnt do thumbnails, and im not about to use imageshack. also the first few are shaky my g/f took em :wink:

if any1 has the skill to resize the phto's be my guess, i kinda dont have the skill for it. and if you thought we were bad trying to organise where to eat you should of seen us trying to get organised for the photo's :wink: it was a great time and it was good to meet every1. enjoy the photo's.

thanks goes out to rusty for redoing the photos thank you so much!
Last edited by Anakha56 on 15 Aug 2005, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
style121

Post by style121 »

I'm so peeved I couldn't make it, sorry guys. Looks like a nice bunch. Someone needs to put the avvie names above the persons pic so we can pinpoint whos who....
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

why couldnt you make it? ill see if i can do some diting to get names above heads but right now im kinda swamped with work. rusty cld u dome some of your magic?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

pulling them now... :)
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

we have nicks!

sisa what was your mates name again? he is the only one i couldnt remeber so he is the one without a nick in the pics. i am also new to photo editing so i hope everythings up to scratch :wink:

edit if i mis-spelled any nicks im sorry :wink:
Dom

Post by Dom »

Those are some nice pics guys!

Glad to hear you all had a great time... makes me think I should attend the next JHB member's meet :-)
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Anakha, why did you not send these to Tel? He is a whizz at sizing and so on. I have never seen such a suck up bunch in my life! Where did Mr Bean have you Jee, behind the boat? :lol:
butterfly

Post by butterfly »

Sheesh, looks like you guys had fun :D Jee, you look great ! :D
I am who I am :D
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Oooh, do I get the prize for posting the latest?
Hehe, well the meet was really fun. I must admit I was nervous before going, but once I was there, I did nothing but laugh and smile. Great for sinuses! :lol:

Funny thing... I bought the "super strength" gel that they advertise on TV, but when I put half the bottle on my head, it still wasn't strong enough to make my hair nice and straight... so I spent about 30minutes washing that gel out of my hair, and another 30minutes making my hair look as normal as possible.
When we left, it was in great shape, but as soon as we got to Ushaka, the wind blew so hard... :evil:

Anyways, everybody who came was cool in my books. Oom Bean :lol: was also cool even though he calls himself nerdy/geeky. I'm sure Jee agrees :twisted:.
Well, I really can't wait to meat you guys again.

PS. It's been EDIT 35minutes and the pics aren't even halfway... I might die before they are finished, but then again, I hate pictures of myself :oops:
Zell

EDIT: Some of us who went to the meet decided to call sisa "Somesweetie" from now on. Jee started it :lol:

EDIT2: Phew, an hour later and I almost had a fit cause my computer froze after downloading all the pics. Nice pictures, but I hate the way I turn out in pictures... BTW, please note although in the picture where we are all standing with our backs to the sea facing the camera I may look like a cripple, I am not. Neon asked me to crouch so that we could see his face in the pic, and the result was me looking like a hump-back. :lol: