Forum growth over time

Questions about the forums? Got a suggestion on how things can be improved? Post here!
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Forum growth over time

Post by Ron2K »

Pulled this from the database earlier today - thought you lot may find this interesting. :wink:

Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Re: Forum growth over time

Post by KatrynKat »

cool beans.... a linear growth in the number of posts posted.... :D
as time goes on and technology grows.... the different ways to post makes it easier to stay in touch with people...
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

now... superimposing the spam vs constructive posts would be interesting... :lol:

even the chillout vs tech numbers.......
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

^^ I'll pull that this evening, if you like. ;)
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Do afrik+ english theads vs. rest of chill vs. tech (and I'll throw you a foundry ;) )
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Hmmm..... I joined Oct 2003 and the growth begins, coincidence?
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

rustypup wrote:now... superimposing the spam vs constructive posts would be interesting... :lol:

This... in fact, remove tribble, Stuart and of recent a certain Miss K Kat's posts out of the equation and I suspect the picture will look much different (to any other regular spammers I am sorry for not mentioning you guys too) ;)
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

ITT: using graphs to show things we already know :P
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

thEnaileDonE wrote:
rustypup wrote:now... superimposing the spam vs constructive posts would be interesting... :lol:

This... in fact, remove tribble, Stuart and of recent a certain Miss K Kat's posts out of the equation and I suspect the picture will look much different (to any other regular spammers I am sorry for not mentioning you guys too) ;)
Don't forget capnemo!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Ah this one is different from the one you posted in Spam. Interesting. See KK - it wasn't me - it started with Hman.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

yes, the two graphs are different, the one in the english thread is for the posts made in the english thread and this one is for all posts made....
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Yeah well we do know I post more there than anywhere else :D
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 03 Apr 2011, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

Tribble wrote:Ah this one is different from the one you posted in Spam. Interesting. See KK - it wasn't me - it started with Hman.
HMAN: 21367 posts..

Tribble: 70253 posts...

I think we know who really caused the spamming. :P
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

You had to bring that up - didn't you? ! No amount of bribing seems to work with Ronny. This forum should be like the others - posts in the spam threads should not affect your post count :mrgreen: Then I would be the n00b I really am :D
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

Tribble, your stats:

Last visited: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:02 pm
Total posts: 70254
[5.06% of all posts / 49.61 posts per day]
Search user’s posts

5% off ALL posts... on this forum... you... :)
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 03 Apr 2011, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

KatrynKat wrote:cool beans.... a linear growth in the number of posts posted.... :D
It's not quite linear. It became linear (or just looks sort of linear) as the population growth rate stabilised, I would say.
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

@thEnaileDonE - :oops: I also wish Ronny would take those stats away. This is embarrassing. But then - if you take that I am female, and females love to chat, then it makes perfect sense. I just need to learn to chat less.

@-Prometheus- - some posts were lost when a fantastic thread vanished. Would hate to know what it would have been....... :shock: I shall have to get a job that keeps me away from the internet (which I will have soon - 6 weeks of internetless during the day) Then that 5% will reduce :mrgreen:
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Tribble wrote: If you take that I am female, and females love to chat....
Depending on what you have read, no more than males overall if this
is credible.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Interesting....
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

Would still like to see the stats for the technical forums growth vs the chill forums...
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Does anyone really care? This forum has always attracted spam, it is part and parcel of what makes this forum fun. Technical questions, when asked, attract a fair number of intelligent replies.
Such is the nature of things.
More power to the people
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Agreed - what is important is that this is a cool place to hang out