Signature sizes (Please Read)

Questions about the forums? Got a suggestion on how things can be improved? Post here!
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Did you enable signatures in your profile and is the box at the bottom of your post box that reads "Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)" ticked?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: Something changed?

Post by Stuart »

MunkiJivE wrote:hmmm....has something been changed about the way sigs are posted in profiles lately? I havent been on here in ages, so if it has ive missed it. My image is well within spec, 450x120 @ 12kb, so ther should be no probs there. but no matter what format of coding i use, it still doesnt display correctly. any help please?
Two suggestions.

1. Make sure you're pasting your code using the "Profile" link at the top of this page (between "Usergroups" and "Log out"). For some reason, the code doesn't seem to work when using "Your Account" from the main menu.

2. Try saving the image as a gif and using that. Some people seem to have trouble using jpg images in their sig, but have no problem with gifs.
MunkiJivE

Post by MunkiJivE »

sorted! thanks guys :wink:
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Ark wrote:
Slasher wrote:2x 450-120 at 20kb each suddenly doubles physical as well as dimensional space used by a person...
Which is exactly the same as a single 900x240 sig, which is against the blah blah woof woof...

ROFL!!!! NICE. I think you mean 450x240 or 900x120.
Maverickus

Re: Something changed?

Post by Maverickus »

schase wrote:
MunkiJivE wrote:hmmm....has something been changed about the way sigs are posted in profiles lately? I havent been on here in ages, so if it has ive missed it. My image is well within spec, 450x120 @ 12kb, so ther should be no probs there. but no matter what format of coding i use, it still doesnt display correctly. any help please?
Two suggestions.

1. Make sure you're pasting your code using the "Profile" link at the top of this page (between "Usergroups" and "Log out"). For some reason, the code doesn't seem to work when using "Your Account" from the main menu.

2. Try saving the image as a gif and using that. Some people seem to have trouble using jpg images in their sig, but have no problem with gifs.
Yeah, thanks, I finally got mine sorted following your advice...

damn well struggled for two days with it...

And I struggle to keep it within the min requirements it seems. but I'm happy now that I played around with the gif settings a lot
RuadRauFlessa

Re: Signature sizes (Please Read)

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Please note that the above has not been updated with the new rules as it currently stands. For any rules please refer to the Posting guidelines under every section. No thread with any rules will be updated as there are too many of them and one might be missed.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932