Acsa 'regrets' 1Time's liquidation

A place to talk about more serious topics such as politics, society and current events.
Forum rules
Please read the discussion section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Acsa 'regrets' 1Time's liquidation

Post by THE_STIG »

"We have been working very closely with 1Time over the years and this a very sad time for everyone involved," spokesperson Solomon Makgale said on Friday..

He said Acsa had an agreement with 1Time to put the airline on cash terms as a way of ensuring that the airline's debt did not escalate further. "Although this was the case, today's decision by 1Time was solely theirs. Acsa had been engaging 1Time's business rescue practitioner, along with other creditors," Makgale said.

"It is regrettable that no final business rescue plan was put before the creditors for consideration. As advised by 1Time, passengers booked on 1Time should make alternative travel arrangements.".......
Read more

Meh, it was the only airline I liked. Now there is just kulula and the evil mango :cry:
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Acsa 'regrets' 1Time's liquidation

Post by StarBound »

I flew with them once and if I could I would have flown with them again. I rate 1time as one of the best.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

StarBound wrote:I flew with them once
soo...

what you're saying is...

you flew with them

1time?

never honestly gave them a bash...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

it's never nice when a company gets liquidated but now maybe that there are some open gaps in the take-off/landing schedule at the major airports that the remaining airlines, and especially SAA Airlink and Express which flies to the smaller airports, that they will increase their amount of flights per day...

it is very frustrating when you only have a certain amount of flights between certain cities and that the flights between them are sometimes canceled altogether... and the price of these flights are very expensive (flight between JHB and BFN is between R1200 and R1500 for a one way ticket)...

i have flown with 1Time a few times just as i have flown with the other airlines also a few times and there isn't a big difference that i can see between the Robot Airlines (1Time, Mango and Kulula)...
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I have also flown them a few times and I couldn't say they were better or worse than the others. I had a seat and got there safely.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

KatrynKat wrote:it's never nice when a company gets liquidated but now maybe that there are some open gaps in the take-off/landing schedule at the major airports that the remaining airlines, and especially SAA Airlink and Express which flies to the smaller airports, that they will increase their amount of flights per day...

it is very frustrating when you only have a certain amount of flights between certain cities and that the flights between them are sometimes canceled altogether... and the price of these flights are very expensive (flight between JHB and BFN is between R1200 and R1500 for a one way ticket)...

i have flown with 1Time a few times just as i have flown with the other airlines also a few times and there isn't a big difference that i can see between the Robot Airlines (1Time, Mango and Kulula)...
It was a personal thing. I love the MD80 series aircraft, the way it looks and the way it sounds.....and its pretty fast too. 1Time were the only local airline using them, the rest use the hideous airbus or the rather boring Boeing 737-400 or 800(I liked the 200 though)

I dislike mango since that bunch are funded with tax money, whereas 1Time and Kalula have to work hard to make a profit :?

SA airlink and SA Express are very expensive though.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

rustypup wrote:
StarBound wrote:I flew with them once
soo...

what you're saying is...

you flew with them

1time?
This surely deserves some form of a warning.

:facepalm:
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Hehehe

Well they were spacious when it came to seating. I don't fit into BA or SAA seats anymore and even Emerits is a bit tight.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.