A thread not for the easily offended

A place to talk about more serious topics such as politics, society and current events.
Forum rules
Please read the discussion section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Ihsahn
Registered User
Posts: 1268
Joined: 16 Jan 2004, 02:00

A thread not for the easily offended

Post by Ihsahn »

Ok this is kind of intended for Weenie but if some of you feel that you need to be heard, then by all means lets me hear it.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS THREAD IS BASED ON ONES BELIEF SYSTEM AND THE OPINIONS STATED HERE MAY OFFEND SOME PEOPLE.

OK Weenie basically, I believe in energies, obviously there is positive, and negative. The Christian belief calls those energies. God and Satan. I however do not name those energies. The more you believe in one energy the stronger it grows. Much like a persons faith. :twisted:
Who knows more about electricity than the Amish?
RuadRauFlessa
Registered User
Posts: 20576
Joined: 19 Sep 2003, 02:00
Location: Bloodbank

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Ihsahn_666 wrote:Evening minueto in a castle by the sea
A jewl more radiant than the moon
Lowered her mask to me
The Sublimiest creatures the gods full of fire
Would marvel at making their queen
To fill the air with her fragrant desire
As my heart fell to grave poe


Me likes 8)


Anways you may find that there are more ppl that think in the way that you do.

Energies hmm let's see the wiccan way would have you devide those energies up into two:
    God = Etherial (The great spirit)
    Godess = The part that gives us life and binds everything together

I personally think that the Roman Catholic church has stolen curtain things from various places and then started hunting those that stood up against it.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Ihsahn
Registered User
Posts: 1268
Joined: 16 Jan 2004, 02:00

Agree

Post by Ihsahn »

I totally agree, my parents are catholics, when i rebelled, well you can imagine how much **** i had. The world in my opinion should not focus on the religion aspect, as this only causes conflict. We should all firstly concentrate on the energies which bind us together.
Who knows more about electricity than the Amish?
bb_matt
Registered User
Posts: 1652
Joined: 10 Nov 2003, 02:00
Location: Jhb

Post by bb_matt »

Energies and a 'higher being' of whatever sort - probably something we would never be able to comprehend.

That old hippy thing "we are made of stardust" is pretty much true.

Then there's the fact that energy can never be lost, only transfered.

My theory is that the human spirit would live on as energy after death - given the fact that energy cannot be lost, only transfered, where would all the electrical energy in a body go after death ?

I believe there are 'good energies' and 'bad energies' and tend to stay on the side of good.

I think religion of the kind that is good is a neccessity and these days I try to respect people's beliefs more than I used to. I often don't understand the faith, but I can understand the motive to join a religious movement.

Basically, I'm not an athiest or an agnostic as I believe in a higher being or "God" - I see no way that a God would not exist given the wonders of the world and universe, the bizarre co-incidences we find ourselves in and a million other signs that creation is not an accident.

I just don't put a label on it. I don't see how you can label something you cannot even begin to comprehend.
RuadRauFlessa
Registered User
Posts: 20576
Joined: 19 Sep 2003, 02:00
Location: Bloodbank

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

If you would want to concentrate on that which binds us together I would advise you to patch things up with your mom first (Obviously in a way that does not involve religion). Seing that she is also your life bringer she is your most direct link to those energies that make you and me one entity so to speak.

Now that I braught the point up. Ppl are so concius about their damn indeviduality that they lose touch with what really matters. I just wonder that if ppl actually get intouch with some of the forces in our world wether there wouldn't be less crime and the sorts. The thing is then they would realize that all of us are one big famaly and no-one ever really gives note to that. A man is in general less likely to kill his "brother" than a stranger on the corner of the street. The thing that he does not realize is that the person on the corner of the street is actually more part of himself than anything else. That is why i think that a person lose something of himself when he kills someone else (self defence or otherwise doesn't matter).
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Ihsahn
Registered User
Posts: 1268
Joined: 16 Jan 2004, 02:00

Hmmm

Post by Ihsahn »

I have Patched things up with my folks, they realise that they cant forc their beliefs on me. Your views, and perspective on life is great, although i will disagree with the individuality. It is important to be individual to some point, we cant all follow someones elses views blindly. By being an individual you get to learn things about yourself, question certain things, once you have obtained sufficient knowledge, then you can begin to understand what you need and what life is all about. (take out the splinter from your eye, before you help your neighbour). The thing that always amuses me is that people try to understand why we are here and dont realsise the answer is right befor etheir eyes :D
Who knows more about electricity than the Amish?
Ihsahn
Registered User
Posts: 1268
Joined: 16 Jan 2004, 02:00

Huh

Post by Ihsahn »

bb_mat what label, and comprehend what, i basically agree with your views, so u lost me there
Who knows more about electricity than the Amish?
RuadRauFlessa
Registered User
Posts: 20576
Joined: 19 Sep 2003, 02:00
Location: Bloodbank

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

I didn't say that ppl shouldn't be indevidualists I said Ppl are so [u]concius[/u about their damn indeviduality that they lose touch with what really matters

Ones ability to think for oneself is a great gift. I agree that it is a good thing otherwise all of us would have been listening to "Birtney". No seriously I don't feel that one needs to be too concious about ones indeviduality. Decisions should not be pondered upon. If you make one live with it. Then there is the situation of you have already decided what to do but cant see past it cuz you don't understand it. Noooo It is more something like you can't see past it because you cant accept it. Cuncious Indeviduality kinda does that to one. That is why we have so may cofused ppl that do not know where they fit in cuz they make a choice but do not want to accept that they made that choice and not another one (Saying yes rather than no).
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
bb_matt
Registered User
Posts: 1652
Joined: 10 Nov 2003, 02:00
Location: Jhb

Re: Huh

Post by bb_matt »

Ihsahn_666 wrote:bb_mat what label, and comprehend what, i basically agree with your views, so u lost me there


I mean the different types of religion and thier beliefs.

For instance, JW's believe that they are the only religion that is right and that thier God is the only true God.

Religions that profess to know what God wants and preach that to thier followers.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4280
Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:00
Location: Azeroth
Contact:

Post by Kronos »

First of all, I am a Strong Atheist. That means that I don't believe that any gods do or can exist. I believe in science (NOT SCIENTOLOGY)
I believe that there is a perfect scientific explination for everything. Whether we know it (the explination) at the moment or not.

So, I don't believe in a Higher Being bringing everything into existence, but in a sense, we all agree in this thread.

Energy is everything.

It cannot be created nor destroyed, only transfered between different forms of energy and matter.

bb_mat wrote:My theory is that the human spirit would live on as energy after death - given the fact that energy cannot be lost, only transfered, where would all the electrical energy in a body go after death ?

That is a good theory, and I hope for the same thing, however my question is this: When we're alive, our physical body keeps the energy together, but when we die, where will the energy go? will it remain trapped in the body or will it spread into the surounding area? and then, will all the energy of a person stay located (and not just spread all over the world.)

Just a few ideas that I live by:
Sophy Burnham wrote:To believe in God or in a guiding force because someone tells you to is the height of stupidity. We are given senses to receive our information within. With our own eyes we see, and with our own skin we feel. With our intelligence, it is intended that we understand. But each person must puzzle it out for himself or herself.


Steven Weinberg wrote:With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.


D.H.Lawrence wrote:It is a fine thing to establish one's own religion in one's heart, not to be dependent on tradition and second-hand ideals. Life will seem to you, later, not a lesser, but a greater thing.
Image
RuadRauFlessa
Registered User
Posts: 20576
Joined: 19 Sep 2003, 02:00
Location: Bloodbank

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Kronos wrote:Just a few ideas that I live by:
Sophy Burnham wrote:To believe in God or in a guiding force because someone tells you to is the height of stupidity. We are given senses to receive our information within. With our own eyes we see, and with our own skin we feel. With our intelligence, it is intended that we understand. But each person must puzzle it out for himself or herself.


Steven Weinberg wrote:With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.


D.H.Lawrence wrote:It is a fine thing to establish one's own religion in one's heart, not to be dependent on tradition and second-hand ideals. Life will seem to you, later, not a lesser, but a greater thing.


Some good Ideals from a good friend that I respect and admire verry much although he might not know it.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Tel
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 3046
Joined: 09 Oct 2003, 02:00
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Post by Tel »

I too do not believe in "God" as such. I believe we do go somewhere after we die, but we can only see that once we die. :wink:

Like bb_matt said, there are just too many wierd and wonderful coincidents happening to not make you think that there might be something else.
Image
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
bb_matt
Registered User
Posts: 1652
Joined: 10 Nov 2003, 02:00
Location: Jhb

Post by bb_matt »

Many top scientists are now believers in the existence of a higher force - a God. The reason is that in the sheer chaos of the universe (or rather, our perception that it is chaotic) there is order.

Order in Chaos suggests a higher force at work.
RuadRauFlessa
Registered User
Posts: 20576
Joined: 19 Sep 2003, 02:00
Location: Bloodbank

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Actually Order in Chaos suggests that there is something that we are missing, do not know, or percieve to be true although it is not.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Hyperchild
Registered User
Posts: 708
Joined: 23 Aug 2003, 02:00
Location: JHB

Post by Hyperchild »

I to believe in God - not a god, but God, I dont believe in worshiping the virgin Mary (sorry but that is complete and utter CR@P), and I beleive that God sent His son, Jesus, to die and in doing so absolve us of our sins.So to all you catholics or whatever denomination that believes in confession... Why? All you do is tell someone else your sins, YOU ARE ALREADY FORGIVEN, your local priest cant absolve of your sins by making you say Hail Mary's and Our Fathers! Only God can do that.

As to "energies" I believe thats even more CR@P. Yes energy cant be created or destroyed, only trnsfered. but if thats the case then what provided the energy to create the "energies" that "created" everything.

God is God, always has been always will be! Period. If any of you know what made Him... PLEASE TELL ME! 'coz Id like to know! The laws of physics, etc. dont apply to Him at all! You want to know how "funny" thing happen, ask God, He'll tell you.

EDIT: Heres a challenge for you - find me one book (other than the Bible) that proclaims that and I quote "I am God". Oh and part 2 is try and disprove the Bible - I couldnt! If you manage please tell me how!
Quod non detit fortuna non eripuit aut amat aut odit: nil est tertium
Hyperchild
Registered User
Posts: 708
Joined: 23 Aug 2003, 02:00
Location: JHB

Post by Hyperchild »

update - Many scientists have tried to disprove the Bible and non have yet succeded! that, bb_mat, would be why its like that
Quod non detit fortuna non eripuit aut amat aut odit: nil est tertium
RuadRauFlessa
Registered User
Posts: 20576
Joined: 19 Sep 2003, 02:00
Location: Bloodbank

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Hey Hiper we only want to make our beliefs known. We do not want to argue. In any case if we would have to argue you would propably win but then again none of us will give a damn. You may go on prove this prove that disprove this but we do not care. The whole point of religion is not to question how it all works and why it works but rather just to believe that it works.

I have an interesting point of view in the sence of what I believe in actually brings more things together. I for one do not pray cuz your whole life is like a prair. I mean what is the point of having an almighty savior that looks out for you but you have to ask him before he does something. I mean take a bodyguard for example: He won't wait until the person who he is protecting asks him to save his life but he will act before something becomes a problem therefore eliminating the disturbance/problem before it occured.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
RuadRauFlessa
Registered User
Posts: 20576
Joined: 19 Sep 2003, 02:00
Location: Bloodbank

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Here is one for you:

Albert Einstein wrote:Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Hyperchild
Registered User
Posts: 708
Joined: 23 Aug 2003, 02:00
Location: JHB

Post by Hyperchild »

I wasnt starting an argument Raud :) merely stating part of what I believe. That little bit at the end was for the guys who are uncertain about what the hell they are meant to be doing with their lives.

As for me, Ive actually put a couple of theories together from different angles to more or less make my own theory about how we all got here. BUT at the top of that theory God sits on His thrown. I wont explain my theory here as Im still trying to figure it out to its full extent but... thats just me :)
Quod non detit fortuna non eripuit aut amat aut odit: nil est tertium
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4280
Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:00
Location: Azeroth
Contact:

Post by Kronos »

Hyperchild wrote:update - Many scientists have tried to disprove the Bible and non have yet succeded! that, bb_mat, would be why its like that

and More theists have tried to prove the bible and also, none have succeeded!
Hyperchild wrote:As to "energies" I believe thats even more CR@P. Yes energy cant be created or destroyed, only trnsfered. but if thats the case then what provided the energy to create the "energies" that "created" everything.

In Short: Nothing, the Energy was always there.
Hyperchild wrote:If any of you know what made Him... PLEASE TELL ME!

People
Hyperchild wrote:Heres a challenge for you - find me one book (other than the Bible) that proclaims that and I quote "I am God".

So you believe that the bible is God :?
Or that God is God because a 3000 year old book written by people who believed the earth is flat, says so???

You've come to the wrong thread to argue religion dude, I've never had anything against you but don't try to argue your beliefs against us because you don't agree with us!
Image
RuadRauFlessa
Registered User
Posts: 20576
Joined: 19 Sep 2003, 02:00
Location: Bloodbank

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

me thinks it kinda took Kronos a bit of time to compile that one. :wink:

Chilling so no-one is arguing merely stating their point of view. Nice.

To be truthfull there are only two things in life. Art and Science.

Now where do you thnk this fits in. I think that the Religion is a science in which case Kronos would be right in the assumption that there has to be an explenation for everything.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Tel
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 3046
Joined: 09 Oct 2003, 02:00
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Post by Tel »

Christianity is not the all powerful religion it claims to be. It only got popular because of the Romans when they invaded most of Europe thousands of years ago.

Many religions have the same myths and legends. Take the Epic of Gilgamesh, The Flood. All the Gods and angels came from the skies.

The bible itself is only a copied version of many different religious books. It has been proven that the bible was only compiled thousands of years after certain events and there are references and verses that are almost identical to older religious books.

I don't have any facts near me now, but I have read them, otherwise I wouldn't state them.
Image
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 19641
Joined: 07 Mar 2003, 02:00
Location: A Galaxy Far, Far Away

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

I feel I have to jump in because you guys don't have the right to try and force your opinions upon one another. If you do, it's going to turn into an ugly, pointless flame war and nobody is going to change their mind about their beliefs, or lack thereof, anyway.
Image

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
RuadRauFlessa
Registered User
Posts: 20576
Joined: 19 Sep 2003, 02:00
Location: Bloodbank

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Ok so let us stop posting and keep the peace before we get too involved. I think we have stated our views clearly enouth for each other to have a clearer perception of our person.

Thanks hi bye .........
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4280
Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:00
Location: Azeroth
Contact:

Post by Kronos »

True, True!
SOZ if I did anyone wrong. Just stating my oppions. Y'all can believe whatever u want :)
Image
Post Reply