StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Diablo 3 - PS3

Post by StarBound »

Q: How do you piss off your core fan base?
A: Screw up the game on its native platform, rerelease the game with everything fixed on an inferior system.

Blizzard has fallen far from the company it once was. The much loved and developer of developers announced earlier this year that Diablo 3 will be making its console debut later the year and yesterday it arrived. I haven't yet had the pleasure of experience the game in the way it should have been played but so far the buzz is loud and clear. The absence of the RMAH and the AH in general, the allocations of skills the each button of the controller, the way the game plays, it was all made for console. Cheap deaths? No more as your connection dropping has no baring on the game.

Fans of the game complained and Blizzard listened to those complaints. The problem is they answered to the wrong crowd.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Molean

Re: Diablo 3 - PS3

Post by Molean »

Well said...

The AH is not needed in D3...that's what WOW is for...
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Diablo 3 - PS3

Post by StarBound »

Ok I finally got some hands on experience. Let's get the bad out of the way first.

The PS3 version of the game has a problem with frame rate to a degree. There is noticeable screen tearing and the game runs at 720p. The screen tearing however is a result of being able to run the game at 60fps most of the time. The level transitions are not instant as on pc and has a minor load time to it. Minor load time being minor as in a 2-10 second loading time from disc between zones. Also some events where an npc should pop up from the ground the npc just appears at the ready. Targeting is a bit of an issue but not game breaking.

Now for the good. The game runs 60fps nearly 90% of the time. The loading time between levels are low. The game supports LAN. The game supports 4 players couch co-op. The game is playable offline. When you run near/over gold it picks it up without having to back track. The drops feel more like something you earned and al though I only played until after the skeleton king so far the game feels much more loot friendly and loot balanced.

To sum it up, most of the things that blizzard broke in the PC version is corrected on the console version.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.