StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

PSN+ now 25% off

Post by StarBound »

From today for a week or month (sorry I don't know the time limit) PSN+ will be going for R366 (down from its normal R489) for a years subscription. Why would you want it? What does it offer?

For starters, a PS3 game ranges from R200-300 for some titles that are aged 3-6 months after release and R500-R700 for new releases. PSN+ normally gives a 10% discount on new DLC and downloadable titles for its first few days of release.

PSN+ also gives you "free" titles for the duration of your PSN+ membership. To give you an idea of the titles you can download and play until your sub no longer exists: Just Cause 2, Deus Ex HR, Little Big Planet 2, Infamous 2 are just a few examples. The titles has a limited download time of 3-6 months so after that you either have it or you don't. You can access these games as long as you have an active PSN+ sub so say in 2 years time you have an active subscription you should still be able to play a game you got for free now.

The titles aren't yours to choose so if your specific about your games you wont be getting a benefit of your choice. It does give you lots of choices though and the titles aren't all your quick crap variety.

So if you have uncapped ADSL and a large harddrive in your PS3 give PSN+ a try. You might just be amazed at what it has to offer.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Re: PSN+ now 25% off

Post by D3PART3D »

Thanks SB. I see Dead Space 2 is also on the list. Looks like a really good deal...
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: PSN+ now 25% off

Post by StarBound »

It is. Think of it as a game rental service. The downside is the games are their choices and not yours. I did however get my monies worth in the first month of my PSN+ sub last year when I bought the Resident Evil HD remakes at 50% off per game.

Xbox live offers paid multiplayer for the same price while PSN as a free service already has multiplayer.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.