The XBOX 360 Thread

Discuss the XBox 360 in here.
DAE_JA_VOO

The XBOX 360 Thread

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

What's up guys. As far as i know, there's no such thread on the forum, and being a 360 owner myself, i thought i should start a thread where we can chat about anything related to the 360. I'll start :D

I got mine yesterday. Man i'm LOVING it :D I have it setup with my PC, so i can stream pictures, music, video straight to my 360 from my PC. Along with that, i have the 360's media center setup, so that facility is available too. I've also created my XBOX LIVE Gold account, allowing me to play online.

So far i've played Gears of War and Rainbow 6: Vegas online. R6 is great, as is GOW. I totally SUCK at the GOW online though. I've played two games of GOW online and got destroyed in both. Playing a shooter with joysticks takes some getting used to...

Anyway, i bought my XBOX for EA's new game - SKATE. It comes out on September 12th. I can't wait.

Only thing that annoys me is the noise. My 360 is quite noisy. I've been told that this is normal, but still, it's not exactly what i expected from a console.

By the way, my gamertag is Daejavoo ZA, so if any of you wanna add me as a friend, go ahead ;)

So, your feedback, or anything 360 related, lets discuss :D
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

Hey Dae.... Welcome to the club.

Yup the 360 is noisy but it doesn't really matter to me, maybe because mine is sitting with my decoder, DVD player, AMP and TV which means that it's far away from me and the sound is full blast....... OH I love the wireless controllers.

Playing an FPS with the controllers does take some time getting used to, but as soon as you get the hang of it it's a lot of fun. Keyboard and mouse will always be better when it gets to FPS, but a change is gameplay is sometimes not a bad thing...

If you into simulator type racing you should get yourself Forza Motorsport 2. Loads of fun with the controller, but very realistic, as in lots of understeer and oversteer, and late breaking isn't that easy. But if you prefer the arcade type racing you could always try some of the NFS titles, but do try out Project Gotham Racing 3. Loads of fun, and beautiful visuals...specially in the replays.

Also try out Dead or Alive....lekker fighting game. Something I missed from the PC side being a big Mortal Combat fan.

I would've liked to play a few games with you online, but sitting in Swaziland most of the time really suck. No broadband so SA please stop bitching and moaning about telkom.... Come and stay here and then we'll see. Okay sorry...off topic.

As for LIVE.... Try to get hold of Call of Duty 3.....now this is one lekker game to play on LIVE. Yes it's difficult, but I would say it's easier then Gears of War.

But make sure to finish Gears of War on single player. Try to play it co-op either through LIVE or system link. So much fun. But you muct finish the game. I think I've finished it once by myself on insane and about 4 times playing co-op on insane...
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Thanks for the input Voodoo :D

One of the few games i still wanna get is Forza. I know viceroy has it and he loves it, so i'll definitely look into it.

Dead or alive.... i HATE that game. I got DOA4 from a friend yesterday. It's probably the most pathetic excuse for a game i've ever come accross. It's like Tekken 1 with nice graphics.... aah. But different strokes for different folks eh? You enjoy it, i hate it! :P

I'm on act 2 now in GOW, and i hope to finish it.

Thanks again for your post! :D
TheAlteredState

Post by TheAlteredState »

You going to mod some XBox's for us? :wink:
Significantly different from a normal waking beta wave state!
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

Well Dae I got DOA4 when I purchased my 360 and thus far it's one of those games I play when I've got a couple of friends over. The games I play the most with my friends would be Tops Spin2, Tiger Woods 06 or NHL2K7...the sport games are just so much fun playing it together with some friends.
M1K3

Post by M1K3 »

Another fun game was 'Dead Rising" my friends and I played that for hours on end. Xbox live arcade has many gems, I forget the name but there was this game that was very old fashioned... top down view where left stick moved the vehicle and the right aimed... and it scrolled up... hmmm, I know it's very vague but have a look around.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

TheAlteredState wrote:You going to mod some XBox's for us? :wink:
I'll be contacting a couple of online stores within the next few weeks about sponsorship. I'm sure i'll find a store somewhere that'll send me an XBOX 360 for modding. I'm sure as hell not gonna mod mine (well, not until i've played SKATE at least :P ). The thing about modding a 360 is the warranty. As soon as i open it up, warranty is gone. And with these consoles having such a high failure rate, i dont wanna take that chance.

But yeah, i'll get in touch with a couple of online stores and see if i can get one of them to send me a console to mod :) I'm sure i'll have no problem finding a store to do that :)
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Re: The XBOX 360 Thread

Post by DarkRanger »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Only thing that annoys me is the noise. My 360 is quite noisy. I've been told that this is normal, but still, it's not exactly what i expected from a console.
Watercool it.... :D

Anyhow, I want Forza 2 aswell... Anyone want to sell theirs??
style121

Post by style121 »

If I had known i would've kept one of my faulty ones. At least you could've just played around with it and designed a sweet looking case or something. Best you're going to get at modding the 360 is the vinyl covers they sell seperately :lol: oh, and a cheesy faceplate.

Welcome to the club dude, You impressed with Gears? Brilliant! My tag is attilla121 if you want to add me aswell.
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

I don't know if anyone has seen the video for Resident Evil 5
OMW!!!!! Them graphics are brilliant...not my kinda game but the graphics...WOW!

I'm loving Forza2 but am waiting with baited breath for COD4, Mass Effect, Halo 3...gonna be a good christmas season
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

style121

Post by style121 »

Resident Evil 5 looks amazing, got the vid aswell. In-game footage is the best i've seen on a console for sure. But same with the new splinter cell conviction. Two on top of my wishlist for next year!!
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

Cure

Post by Cure »

Another fun game was 'Dead Rising" my friends and I played that for hours on end
Yeah pretty nice game, just I don't like the multiple time limited missions, either you do one miss the rest and miss the main story or you miss the main story and miss the side missions, but other than that the toy chainsaw is the best!
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Wow those RE4 graphics look incredible! 8O

Anyway, yeah maybe i should try and find a busted 360 to poke around in first...
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

Good idea.

There are loads of guides on the net which detail how to get into the X360...doesn't look too hard...

Dae...did you ever see that guy that build an xbox into a more portable box with build in screen?

I'm stinking of building an x360 into a HD screen...make it hidden, etc...but sheesh...talk about a huge project
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

Hi people

I'm looking to buy a Gaming pad.
Instead of buying a console i want to play all my old games
Like Tombraider series wich i never finished on PC connected to TV via VGA

So i'm thinking to buy an XBox controler, does anyone know if it will work with old
games. Like TR1,2,3 ect.. ?
jPm

Post by jPm »

Dude so when is the Modding Starting?
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

jPm wrote:Dude so when is the Modding Starting?
For a moment there i thought you were talking to me.
Cus the Xbox 360 controlers is 100% compatible with WinXP and has drivers for Vista.

I took a chance and bought one, and i'm glad i did.
I only tested it on NSFS mostwanted ,Tombraider 2 and mortal kombat sofar.

It works like a charm, especially NFSMW (Didnt even configure it), the throttle button in front, act as the pedal , and throttles the cars gradually as you press it and buttons is configured almost the same as on PS2 . amazing! :lol: (Ive never owned a game controller before)

DAE_JA_VOO ur not scared are you ?
No offence i wouldnt let you touch my Xbox (If i had one) :lol:
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

So you can use an Xbox controller on your PC?
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

Yip. (Wired controller only)

With no funny mods and stuff.

Microsoft Announces Company’s First Cross-Platform Gaming Controller
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/pres ... owsPR.mspx

only downside you have to download the driver from Microsoft's website, it doesnt come with a CD

But you will soon see XBOX controlers with CD as new stock comes in.
Its weird that microsoft hasnt made this public since the launch of the 360

While i was searching the net to see if this is possible there is lots of websites showing you how to mod it. like hack a day.
jPm

Post by jPm »

I got my Xbox Wireless Controller on Vista, using the MS Wireless Reciever. Works like a dream on GTR2
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Wait, does both the Wireless and Wired work, or only the Wired?
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

jPm wrote:I got my Xbox Wireless Controller on Vista, using the MS Wireless Reciever. Works like a dream on GTR2
You!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thats why i asked if it will work in the first place!!!
And ou just kept quiet.

I stressed when i went and bought it, Cus i bought it purly thinking im taking
a chance, I already started thinking of selling it if it doesnt work. :lol:
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Both controllers work. You'll need a reciever for the wireless one though.

Anyway, no modding soon guys. I have a few mods to complete still. However, in a few weeks i'll email a few companies regarding sponsorship. With Xboxes dying at the rate they are, i'm not gonna mod MINE. No chance in hell (well, not until i play skate, at least :P ). So i'll rather get sponsored and mod a console that's NOT mine so that IF it dies a few months down the line, i haven't lost a bunch of money. I'll rather do it for a company and they can post it all over the interwebs or do whatever they want with the pics.