PS4 Preorder delayed and I'm told to be patient!!!!

Anything to do with console gaming goes in here!
Leonvdm

PS4 Preorder delayed and I'm told to be patient!!!!

Post by Leonvdm »

I pre ordered a PS4 in June under the impression that this would secure an early copy of the console. As of this writing I could get the console from Kalahari.com or BT Games. Still no delivery from Phoenix Tech as the units are "Stuck at Customs".

Then I am told to be patient! Uhm, Phoenix, you need to understand your client base. By definition, anyone that pays upfront for something 6 months before hand is never going to be patient. Patient people don't pre order.

In the interest of full disclosure, Phoenix have offered a refund. But how does this help me? I simply want what I was promised. I do not need bad attitude from your support staff and I do not need to be told to be patient.

Such a pity, as up to this point in time, Phoenix have always been pretty darn good about their customer service levels.

I hope this helps someone going forward. If you want to pre order something electronic, rather give Phoenix Tech a miss. You will probably be disappointed while being told that your inability to wait is the reason for your unhappiness, and not the fact that commitments are being missed by the supplier. You may also be treated with disrespect and an unsympathetic attitude.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: PS4 Preorder delayed and I'm told to be patient!!!!

Post by Stuart »

*dons rustypup's bad guy outfit*

As frustrating as this is for you, I really can't see how Phoenix Tech is at fault here. Things get stuck at customs in SA. That's how life works. It sucks that it happened to you with an item like the PS4, but they have to wait for customs to release it.

As to how a refund will help, you could take the refund and purchase the item at BT Games or Kalahari if you say it can be done so easily. Though I would personally avoid Kalahari like the Plague.
Leonvdm

Post by Leonvdm »

I understand the logistics involved here. If its stuck at customs then its stuck. however, you do not just accept things as they are, you try to react in a proactive way. We all know that in business, one should adapt or die.

1. Keep the buyer updated daily as to what is going on.
2. Consider "buying out locally" to save face with your customers.
3. Ensure that your communication with the client remains professional and without attitude.
4. Do not tell you client they have to be patient. Rather just apologise (regardless if you are in the wrong, or one of your suppliers) and show the client that you are on his/her side.

So, my issue is not only the fact that the units are delayed, but rather how it has been handled.

As for the refund, my money has been laying with the supplier for six months, instead of in the bank earning interest.

Oh well, this is how I train my staff to react when we are thrown curve balls, maybe I am just old school. However, I respect your opinion. I always revert to this saying in life "The most dangerous people out there are those who don't know, that they don't know." Maybe I am reacting from a position of ignorance. The last thing I want to be guilty of is reading with the intent to reply, rather than with the intent of understanding your point.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Sounds like Pheonix Tech wwebsite as on the internet
Wurd up son. You just got told.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Leonvdm wrote:I understand the logistics involved here. If its stuck at customs then its stuck. however, you do not just accept things as they are, you try to react in a proactive way. We all know that in business, one should adapt or die.

1. Keep the buyer updated daily as to what is going on.
2. Consider "buying out locally" to save face with your customers.
3. Ensure that your communication with the client remains professional and without attitude.
4. Do not tell you client they have to be patient. Rather just apologise (regardless if you are in the wrong, or one of your suppliers) and show the client that you are on his/her side.

So, my issue is not only the fact that the units are delayed, but rather how it has been handled.

As for the refund, my money has been laying with the supplier for six months, instead of in the bank earning interest.

Oh well, this is how I train my staff to react when we are thrown curve balls, maybe I am just old school. However, I respect your opinion. I always revert to this saying in life "The most dangerous people out there are those who don't know, that they don't know." Maybe I am reacting from a position of ignorance. The last thing I want to be guilty of is reading with the intent to reply, rather than with the intent of understanding your point.
Fair enough, I guess.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

if you visit SAGamer you will see a 74+ page long thread on PT and a 120+ page on BT.

My PS4 arrived today so woot for me. But a part of me wishes the games I got for it was rather at home on my PC.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.